Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Chat/New Jersey Style

Morning All...

Cindy...Tis okay... I bet that tree isn't hurting anyone. :confused: I am so glad you are enjoying your extra time with your family and doing special things for them and with them... way more important than a tree anyday.

Chris... I am glad you are settled into a place without the stress that went along with your old digs and I hope you feel better soon.

Kat... You are right and here is an idea if anyone wants to join... how about if we just see how many miles we can all walk together in 2007. No mileage number cut-off... just see how far we can all go as a group? Lets make exercise milage though. k?

Have a good week everyone!

Hello Everyone! How are you all doing?

I am lucky enough to be off today since it is MLKJ day! Yay! I had a great weekend, but have been having difficulty eating! On Saturday, I Pbd up half of every meal. I reflect on what went wrong, get back on the "Horse" and push ahead. I think that I am still eating too big of bites. I chew chew chew pretty well, but I think the actual bites are too big. I am just worried that I am going to do some damage to my band from all of the pbing. Even with eating so little, I still havent lost any. I have been stuck at 255 for quite some time now!!!

My parents gave me their old treadmill that they never use. My fiance and dad put it together for me here yesterday and I am excited to start using it!

Yesterday, my sister, mother and a bridesmaid went to a bridal expo. at NIU. We had sooo much fun. There was a bridal fashion show and a few of the guys modeling were sort of acting like chip in dale dancers!!!

Mandy---sorry that I was not able to make it, I am really hoping for next months!!!

Cindy---um...I have my tree up still too! I am starting to get sick of it, but it is so pretty to look at. Yeah, it really is time, I know, I gues s I am just being lazy...:rolleyes

Kat---it is soo funny that you mentioned that story with the shrimp. Um...I was with my ex for seven years who wound up being a very abusive person, and I was soooo tempted to leave a can of tuna hiding in his drapes!!!! yeah, but i didnt...

Awww Cass--I am sorry you are having eating problems! The first thing that jumped out is that you continued eating after the first PB. I know not everyone does, but I was told, and have always tried to go onto nothing but liquids for minimally several hours, and up to a full day following any type of PB or serious sliming episode. The reason for this is that when you PB, your stomach/pouch swell in reaction to expelling the contents with the band in place. It can cause additional restriction, so when you eat again, you are already swollen, which causes the next PB...and on and on and on---an evil cycle develops. I usually do liquids for the remainder of the day, and then the next day I start out with very soft foods, almost a mushie diet, then slowly progress back to normal foods, if everything feels like it is going and staying down ok. You are probably right about the bite size starting it all! But try giving your tummy a break, and see if it doesn't all settle back down. ((big hugs))

I also heard another story about a guy who had proposed to a gal and was to take her to Italy to meet his family at Christmas, but just before they were to leave, he broke up with her, and told her to move out while he and his new g/f were in Italy. So she did, but first she went to the market and bought 2 fish, and pulled back the bladder to his Water bed, stuck the fish in, and turned the heat on high, and moved out! They ended up tearing the entire little house down, the smell had imbedded into the drywall---carpet--insulation...everything! There are times I would love to be that evil!!!

Darcy---count me in---I added a line to my signature---I counted my miles last night....so what, shall we do, each of us keep count of our own and then at years end, total them? Months end?? Any ideas?

I need to go fix some lunch for the DGD---she is HUNGRY she says!!!

bbl

Kat

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What a weekend - I have been doing nothing but Laundry all weekend. We did venture out Sat and Sunday but like Kat and Betty I wanted to stay in and be warm. We got snow again on Sunday - it was about a inch I think but the worse of it is the bitter cold. I have my furnance at about 70 during the day. I ventured out to the Arc on Sat to pay my house payment in Ft. Collins and found me the prettiest coat - well I love my long red one too. But this is suede and only for $5.00 and a couple of sweaters marked down. Then on Sunday it was church for us. I got my feelings hurt there of all places. There was this man who sat behind us with his friend and I knew him from the Lamb plant when I worked there over 8 years ago. Anyway when your suppose to greet the other people he pulled his hand away and would not greet me. I do not ever remember doing anything to him that would warrent that. Anyway he did greet my children but quickly turned away. I in turn acted like he was not there. I mean for the life of me we are in church!!! - if you don't like me and you seen me then don't sit by me.. OH well

Other than that just the same ole thing ~ work ~ home and work.

oh yeah went off slim fast and went back to the GNC protien drinks. I wanted to try the Adkins but not enough dinero this week.

Kat ~ glad that your dad's appt went well.

Dianne ~ sorry to hear about you MIL ~ hopefully doing the medication thing will work. Good you are close by.

Patty ~ I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart. This to shall pass. Here is praying that Sherry can get the network / team together that will help you go forward and get it done..

Cindy ~ Sounds like your family is really enjoying being pampered. I know I would. I like Darcy Love Breakfast ~ yummy

Darcy ~ you are a dynamo ~ I need an energy pill. I tell you I will do laundry but won't do the dishes. If i do the dishes then I won't do the laundry. I am becoming very lazy these days. And the E word ~ still have not done it.

Irene / I love those TV shows too. I can sit and watch house hunters all day if I could.

Eileenee commando - now who had the snakes.That is what I remember when I hear that word??

Chrispy ~ you have alot of great ideas for revenge. I would personally throw a dead rat on his door step..

Jules ~ hope you are doing better from the PB.

Irene / You are doing so awesome on the exercise that your making me feel guilty. Maybe once the snow clears from the sidewalk I can start walking again. I have such big plans in my mind but to actually get the bod to do them is another thing. I am just plain getting lazy..

So Sherry are you saying that the old ones don't fit or you cannot find a style you like?? My problem is I want them to tuck and lift.. Do they exsist? humm

Betty - so what did you make?? Inquirying minds want to know. I made tacos mid day yesterday.. Went well with the chocolate cupcakes I bought at the church bake sale.

Well better call the ex since he took the kids today. No School

Well lovlies I have to get to work - I see Sherry and Irene are here - Cyber wave

Hey Kat... how about everyone keep track of their miles on their signature line for their own personal total for the year and then post their monthly total everytime we start a new monthly Jersey thread and I'll post the monthly running totals???? Does that sound good?

Cassandra... So sorry you are having probs... PBing a lot is not good for you or your band so go have a smidge taken out if this continues...k??? You may find that doing liquids for a few days will take care of the problem... but if not... an eensy beensy bit out would probably do the trick.

Shoveled for an hour or more this morning... sure is pretty and white and BRRRRRRRR cold out there! Headed to the Y in a few minutes with My DD and her friend and to meet my hubby for our class.

Oh... I've lost 8 pounds since January 1st... YAY! I am much heavier than my signature says... so my goal right now is to get back down to the number I have posted there. :P

TTFN

Hi, everyone!

Darcy, you GO girl! You can get to whatever number you want to be at, and we love you all the same...if anyone understand the ups and downs of this ride, it is us. HUGS!

Mary, just keep taking the high road...I'm just shaking my head at the guy's Jerky behavior. What is wrong with people? That's my standard question.

Thanks Mandy for the update on the surgery day...the 19th. Are you asking us about the 3 day Avon Breast Cancer walk? More info, please...Or, I'll go the website and see what I can see.

Kat, how'd the dentist appt. go? More snow? We are thawing out a little...there's been some sun and wind, and that helps, but it's going to be in the 20s tonite, so still very cold. Brrrrrrr.

Tomorrow I'm going down to school...one of my girls is doing her graduation walk, and wants me there. Then, stupid personnel called me and says I didn't work the right number of days or some stupid thing, so I have a big meeting with Mr. Asst. Superintendent, Ms. Payroll Lady, my principal and me...where I will be asking annoying questions like, "Why are you just now informing me of this, on Jan.11?" and other similar questions. They actually said, on the phone, that I might have to "delay my retirement date" for a month. I said I don't think so, since I am already on the Teacher Retirement System insurance plan, and my daughter will not have insurance if they do that...???? So, life is always interesting, and tomorrow's meeting will be very...critical. I'll let you know how it goes...I'm sure they will want me to work more days or something, because you know you never get your money's worth out of us teachers. LOL! Remember, I know some "secrets" about the principal, so that might make things even more interesting....I'd hate to have to bring that up, though.

That's pretty much all that's up around here...wish I could report that the tree is out of the living room...but I am NOT cutting out duck and Easter eggs! THAT was GREAT motivations...thanks!

Hugs, Cindy

Works for me Darcy---I have no idea how far I have walked except the last few nights, so just put last nights on---will go from there!

Mary--did you get along with the wierd guy back when y'all worked together? Strange!!!

Eileenie---Boo to you too!!! Must be working hard!

Cindy--my dentist was fine, he actually just tested it with some cold, and it didn't react, then he had me bite the carbon, and said it looked a little off, but he didn't want to adjust it unless it bothered me...then he spent the rest of the time, seeing how the little one responded to him. She has went with us from day one, and she sat there, on my lap, and opened wide---she is going in to get some sealant on her molars this afternoon.

No more snow, but bitter cold still, so far our high today has been better, we are at 28 right now. We are not supposed to be above freezing through tomorrow, then it is supposed to warm up before hitting us with the next storm over the weekend!!! I want summer!

Oh and as for the motivation---I was busy thinking of how we could attach firecrackers to that tree---and you go and spoil the fun! Then again, with the firecrackers---if you did them right, it could take care of the tree for you!!

jules---I see you are here at the same time as I am posting, so--- catch up with you next time---I can only "remember" as far back as I can scroll!!!!

Kat

OMG LOL ~ I just about fell off my chair from that last statement from Cindy.. Well the firecrackers sure would take care of the 4th of July for sure.. I mean I have seen those Easter Trees - you could hang little eggs on the branches.. LOL

Nope I never spoke to him before. Never even worked in the same place - he was on one side of the wall and I on another. Oh well some people

Cindy ~ They just cannot live with out You

Kat ~ Speaking of Dentist I need to make us appt's. I am glad that everything worked out and the especially the little one is cooperative

Hello Y'all!

I just walked in the door, we got off an hour early today. They said it was because of mlk day, but I think they were feeling a bit bad because we had to come in this morning on the nasty roads!

I am so ready for summer! Give me the dang hot days over this crap! At least if I am sweating I might lose a pound, as it is all I do is shiver and that ain't getting me anywhere! (don't pay any attention to that word Cindy)

You probably don't want to know what I fixed for dinner, I was bad! I had a fresh pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and some fresh okra with tomatoes. Even though I didn't eat much, it wasn't the best meal to fix, but it was cold and I wanted to fix something in the oven! My DH loves pork and I have to cook it once in a while just for him. I guess I can just blame him for it!

Tonight I am fixing chicken Cacciatore if I get off here and go start it. At least that way I get some veggies in!

I wish I could get myself motivated to do some kind of exercise again, I feel bad not doing it, and can't get my butt moving to do it! UGH!

Well, I am going to go get my chicken on and cooking and get some nice warm sweats on and these office clothes off!

Catch y'all later!

Betty... if you want... Kat and I and anyone else who might want to join are going to keep track of the miles we exercise in 2007 and see how far we can go when we add our miles together. I am keeping track of mine in my signature area and then if everyone who joins in will give me their montly total at the beginning of the next month I will give grand monthly totals and so on. This is not to challenge anyone to walk a certain number of miles... just to keep track of our miles and see how far we all travel together in a year. Wanna???? :P

Cindy... LOL... I have a vision of your tree covered in eggs now...lol.

Kat.... I only know my miles because we have kept track in these classes at the Y... and it is nowhere near 3 miles per day so I am really glad we are altering that challeng to something that will probably be more motivational anyway. :)

Eileen... Boo Back!

Mary... you must have been posting at the same time I was earlier!! Sorry about the incident at church... I have such a think skin that I know I probably would have busted out bawling if someone did that to me. Yeah... I'm a weiner. CHurch is certainly not the place for that ... how freaky.

Well... did the treadmill for a half an hour tonight at the Y as well as spending an hour learning to use some more of the weight machines. Soooo... that combines with the shoveling should be plenty in the exercise department!

((((hugs))))

Go Betty, go Betty, go!!! :P

awesome Betty...can ya rub elbows with me to get me exercising again. WHY is it that I just can't learn that THAT will help me lose weight?

Darcy - I would only I am not walking, they still don't want me doing much walking. I am doing some floor exercising right now.

Thanks gals! I am going to try to keep myself going on it!