Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 weeks postop and only 20 lbs down! I get in 1000 calories, avg 30 gms of carbs, more thsn 64 oz of Water and exercise 45-90 mins/day 4-5 days a week! I think my body has compensated for the changes and this is it....

my nutritionist says we are supposed to get at least 60 grams of Protein a day. maybe you could cut the calories and up the protein. might have to go back to just drinking Protein Shakes for a while. i sure hope this helps a little.

my nutritionist says we are supposed to get at least 60 grams of carbs a day. maybe you could cut the calories and up the Protein. might have to go back to just drinking Protein shakes for a while. i sure hope this helps a little.

Don't you mean 60 grams of protein???

9 weeks postop and only 20 lbs down!

trenya07

Oh No!!!

you can't give up!!! :o

you are just starting

first off - we never say the word "only" :angry:

as in i "only" lost 20 lbs

that is a lot of weight you have gotten rid of, nothing to sneeze about!!!!

but IMO losing 20 lbs in 9 weeks is great :)

keep doing what you are doing

drinking, exercise et al

1,000 calories - "maybe" you are getting in too many calories at your stage in the game :mellow:

do you have a NUT than can advice you???

if not, keep comi back and read the boards

we are not professional NUT's here but...........

some of us are nuttier than others :D

you will lose more weight!!!! :)

i promise - really you will

don't quit on your sleeve - and it won't quit on you :wub:

good luck

kathy

over 3 lbs a week! dont get discouraged. sounds like you are doing well. and all that exercise! muscle weighs more than fat. keep up the good work!

I lost 15 lbs in the first 2 weeks and then stalled, its very depressing. My nut suggested increasing my calories due to my workouts. I think I'm gonna do only shakes for a few days for a jump start!

That is a LOT of exercise for 1000 calories. Might need to up the calories by adding more Protein. You should definitely be up around 80g more than in the lower and midrange. Keep your carbs in the morning. What kind of working out?

Patience patience patience..it's the only way. Don't obsess to the point you get discouraged. If you get to obsessing then it's time to step back and relax a bit.

I met with my nutricionist a few days ago and he said:

1. Consume Adequate Protein (Minimum: Women 80 to 100 grams / Men 100 to 120 grams)
  2. Eat and Don’t Drink your calories (Except Protein Shakes)
  3. Stay Hydrated (Minimum of 64 oz of Water)
  4. Cut out Sugar, Sweet N’ Low, Aspartame, and Splenda (Stevia is good or www.justlikesugarinc.com
  5. Eat Your fruit and Veggies
  6. Consume Small Amounts of Good Fats Frequently
  7. Choose the Right Carbohydrates and Always Eat them Last (Protein then Veggies then Good Carbs if you aren’t 80% Full)
  8. Eat 3 Small High Protein Meals and 2 High Protein Snacks Daily (2 to 4 oz. per meal every 3 to 4 hours)
  9. Eat Slowly, Chew food Thoroughly and Stop Eating at 80% Full
  10. Take all your Required Bariatric Advantage Vitamins/Minerals Daily
    • Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin (Either 3 Capsules twice daily or 2 chewable per day)
    • Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrates Chewy Bites (1000 mg per day – Take 2 hours before or after any Iron containing supplements. Can be divided into 500 mg doses)
    • Bariatric Advantage Iron (Females 29 mg, Males 18 mg – take 2 hours before or after Calcium supplements.< br />
    • Bariatric Advantage sublingual B12 (Dissolve 1 tablet under the tongue daily) OR have Bariatric Dr write a prescription that you take once a week.
    • Bariatric Advantage Vitamin D3 – 5000 units (Take 1 capsule daily)

SPECIAL NOTE: They highly suggest Bariatric Advantage because they not only meet the requirements, but are one of the few companies to test that the product work correctly in your body).

He also suggested that I take Krill Oil 1000 mg a day and juice Plus if I can afford it.

1. Bariatric Advantage Vitamins/Minerals & Meal Replacements, KetogenX protein supplements (bars

and crisps) and nectar Protein powder

2. Quest Protein Bars available at www.questnutrition.com/bariatricrd

3. juice Plus® available at http://www.kylefjuiceplus.com/

4. Vital Choice Krill Oil available at www.vitalchoice.com

5. Just Like Sugar™ (healthy sugar substitute) available at http://www.justlikesugarinc.com/

9 weeks postop and only 20 lbs down! I get in 1000 calories' date=' avg 30 gms of carbs, more thsn 64 oz of Water and exercise 45-90 mins/day 4-5 days a week! I think my body has compensated for the changes and this is it....[/quote']

Trenya don't give up. Have u ever lost 20 lbs I 9 weeks? That is still awesome.It does sound like you need more Protein. How much Protein you are getting in?

Just remember, we did not gain the weight over night it was a day by day, week by week, year by year process. All the more so now that we loose the weight slow and steady.

Don't give up, live it up!

Thanks for all the encouraging words, I'm working on a plan...lol. For the record, I have lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks (no surgery/diet&exercise)

Go to a petstore and look as a 20 bag of dog food, you have lost that much weight. Or go to the store and look at 4 of those 5 pound rolls of hamburger mean (the ones that looks like a giant tube of Breakfast sausage) those pounds are gone forever. Don't think of it as only, think of it as wow 20 pounds. Your weightloss will pick backup and you will love your sleeve again. (((hugs)))

For exercise, I walk at least 2 miles 5 days/week. 3 times a week I add hip hop abs, rocking body or WII games and this week I've started weight training x 2 days...