Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a Buddy! My surgery is 7/22

Hey Karen when us your surgery date and when is your nutrition class . I go June 9th for the nutrition class .

All of my classes are done, finished in June. Just focused on dropping weight until surgery.

Hi Donna. My Dr has a two week pre-op diet. 3 slim fast with fat free milk, 2 cups steamed veggies, sugar free Jello, broth and zero calorie drinks. I start my pre-op diet July 4. Good luck to you!!

Thanks!

I'm July 23rd and would love to be a buddy. I'm in Florida. When do you start pre-op diet and what does it entail? I start July 7, and get 2 shakes and 1lean Protein and veggie meal a day.

hi Donna I have a 4 hr nutrition class beginning of July, but it is 4 Protein Shakes and 3oz meat with Veggies for dinner. you can also have sugar free Jello. If anything is different after class i will let you know. are you going with BMI surgery? Dr Joyce or Dr Lahman?

hi Donna I have a 4 hr nutrition class beginning of July, but it is 4 Protein shakes and 3oz meat with Veggies for dinner. you can also have sugar free Jello. If anything is different after class i will let you know. are you going with BMI surgery? Dr Joyce or Dr Lahman?

-I am not sure which doctor yet, I am trying to make it to the Seminar tommorrow. I have gone to the website and at first I was looking at the lapband but when I sent for info from the BMI website they sent the sleeve info and now believe this is the answer :) thanks for letting me know the diet, anything you can share would be great !

I'm July 23rd and would love to be a buddy. I'm in Florida. When do you start pre-op diet and what does it entail? I start July 7' date=' and get 2 shakes and 1lean Protein and veggie meal a day.[/quote']

Hi Elaine I am starting my pre diet July 8th. I get 4 Protein Shakes a day and 3 oz of meat with veggies either a cup cooked or a salad . I can also have sugar free Jello or Popsicles and 1 tbsp if dressing or 1 tsp butter.

My surgery is 7/18 . I am in Louisiana.

Hi Faifie

July 18th is almost here. How are you doing? When does your pre-op diet start? And what does your consist of? I just realized today that next week is July and almost peed myself> excited and nervous. LOL

My surgery is on July 29th. I'm also near Chicago. My surgery is with Dr. Cahill at Little Company of Mary in Evergreen Park, IL. Good luck!!

HI, Good Luck to you too! so excited to have buddies to share this with and swap stories and any good recipes we may come across.

Hi Faifie

July 18th is almost here. How are you doing? When does your pre-op diet start? And what does your consist of? I just realized today that next week is July and almost peed myself> excited and nervous. LOL

Well, my surgery date just got moved up to 7/15. I start preop diet 7/1. 3 slim fast with fat free milk, 2 cups steamed veggies, broth, Jello, and zero calorie drinks for two weeks! When do you start your diet??

Well' date=' my surgery date just got moved up to 7/15. I start preop diet 7/1. 3 slim fast with fat free milk, 2 cups steamed veggies, broth, Jello, and zero calorie drinks for two weeks! When do you start your diet??[/quote']

That's great news about it getting bumped up. My pre-op starts 7-8 and I think it's 2 slim fast & 2 Atkins a day and then 3 oz of meat and a cup of Cooked veggies at night . I can also have a 2 cup salad with 1 tbsp of dressing instead of the cooked veggies. And 2 sugar free Jello or 3 sugar free Popsicles. I started my journey with a different facility and got that pre op diet now I have to wait till my nutrition class with my new facility before I can find out if there's us the same. They said its very similar.

I'm July 23rd and would love to be a buddy. I'm in Florida. When do you start pre-op diet and what does it entail? I start July 7' date=' and get 2 shakes and 1lean Protein and veggie meal a day.[/quote']

Hi there. I am tentatively scheduled for July 29th pending final insurance approval. I'm in Florida too! They haven't told me about my preop diet yet. Where are you in FL? I'm having my surgery in West Palm Beach.

Asdamato, I'm in the Orlando area. My family is in Brevard though. I'm getting excited, but I'm kind of afraid of the pre-op diet:). We will be going through it with lots of others on here. That's a blessing. Lets keep in touch.

Elaine

Hey everyone! So how are you preparing for your pre-op diet?

I am scheduled for July 11 so I hear you. I am new to the forum and am gratful for it. I too need buddies and all the support I can get. At home I feel so alone.

Hey everyone! So how are you preparing for your pre-op diet?

I start tomorrow, I will do Slimfast for 13 days and Clear liquids the last day. I plan to have unsweetened applesauce in between as a snack..I have to be at a 1200 calorie a day diet the 13 days. SF Jello is allowed also.