Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say Happy Summer and let's keep up the good work!!!

I just had my 30th birthday yesterday and was mourning that, but when I woke up this morning, I had the best birthday present of all...I hit 50 pounds. Let these goals keep us going!!! Let us spend the next 30 years being skinny.

Hello Feb bandsters,

Second fill to tight removed .3 now have 2.1 cc. I lost 9 lbs with first fill, 2.0. Should have stayed there because with second fill I have only lost 1 lb and it's been three weeks. I have lost 17 lbs since surgery. I definitely haven't dropped the weight as fast as I would like, but the surgeon told me 4 lbs a month is good, now I need to work on getting 3 more pounds off this month.

Hey kedismom - have fun this summer. Sounds like you've hit your sweet spot w/ fills. I think I have too. Walking 2 miles a night w/ my girls has really helped me keep the lbs. moving down.

Happy B'day m1hocker - how I wish I would have been able to have the band at 30. I would have done a lot more w/ my girls if I had, but we're active now and that's all that matters. I've lost 54 lbs as of today , but still have 80 something to go - I know we can do this !! I for sure want to be around for 30 more skinny years !

Rebecca , I try to get in at least one protien drink a day which may help w/ loss. My fill seems pretty tight. I can't eat Breakfast unless it's a protien drink or soft cooked egg. I also have a lot of sliming & pbing, but I think that's from eating too fast - especially if we eat out. Don't give up, it will come off. I know this sounds weird but a few times a week I will have a small blizzard w/ bananas and pineapple ( a hawiian w/ no coconut) at Dairy Queen and the next day I will have lost at least a pound. I wonder if sometimes our bodies need that extra fat since we get so little ?

Have a great day all !

Ok, everybody! I came to the realization that I NEED to be accountable to someone besides myself for my food....I'm thinking of starting a 02/07 bandster's food Accountability thread where we can just go in there and post whatever we've eaten... Doesn't need to be EXACT or count calories, unless you want to, but just a place to go where other people will see what you're eating.....I know it keeps me from making some of the awful choices I've started making...

Any takers?

I'm thinking of starting a 02/07 bandster's food Accountability thread where we can just go in there and post whatever we've eaten...

I'm all for a place where I can jot down what I've eaten for the day without the responsibility of an all-out daily food journal. I hate feeling like somehow I've cheated if I miss a day journaling food! And having y'all there to give feedback should I need a kick in the pants sounds like a good thing to me! :-D

Suzanne

I wouldn't mind being accountable also , although w/ this 3rd fill I'm not eating much right now. For breakfast I could only eat 3 bites of chicken salad - sounds weird , but I was tired of eggs. For lunch I'm going to try a small baked potato and maybe a little chicken breast, by supper I can eat more. Last night I tried a bacon sandwich for the 1st time. I was able to eat 1 slice of toast w/ bacon, Tomato, onion and miracle whip. It went down well and tasted like heaven. I used to eat 2 whole sandwiches plus baked Beans, salad and dessert. What a difference the band makes ! Thanks for the good idea travelgirl ! Have a good day everyone .

Ok, everybody! I came to the realization that I NEED to be accountable to someone besides myself for my food....I'm thinking of starting a 02/07 bandster's food Accountability thread where we can just go in there and post whatever we've eaten... Doesn't need to be EXACT or count calories, unless you want to, but just a place to go where other people will see what you're eating.....I know it keeps me from making some of the awful choices I've started making...

Any takers?

Travelgirl:

I need to be accountable too!!!! Shoot, I just realized from another post that I'm only supposed to be eating 1/2 a cup during meals. I have been putting away 1 cup plus.!!!!!!!!! Crap, what a set-back. I had know idea.........I guess somewhere along the way I just WISHED it was one-cup and bam my wish came true!! No wonder I was stalling out. Ok count me in. I am going away soon but I will catch up when I get back.

How many cups do you eat per meal?

Hey Everyone!

It looks like everyone has lot around 50+lbs (give or take) ?? Just from look at this last page anyways lol. AWESOME!

I went to my appointment yesterday and everything went good ! Now I don't go back until Sept 6th.

I got another fill yesterday.. I didn't think I would get one because I had lost 15lbs from April til Now. I don't feel hungry at all, A good thing because my first fill didn't work at all! And I just miss eating... I don't miss this liquid stage at all ! But I am very happy with my results so far.. I seem to be losing weight in the right places.. woohoo!

Travelgirl, did you start that food Accountability thread? If so, kindly post the link... I've got a party this weekend & then a BBQ on the 4th, so I'm game for keeping myself honest the rest of the week by telling Y'ALL what I've eaten!!! :biggrin1: I have a 4th fill scheduled for July 5th -- and even if I don't need more juice in the Band, I am going in for that official weigh-in & body composition analysis!

Babygrl, how about July's Exercise Challenge? What's your thinking there? I really liked the levels idea if everyone agrees. I'm gonna try to kick it up a notch next month, so how about adding a 5 days a week/30 min of exercise level (which is what my surgeon wants me to be striving toward)?

I assume the forums are going to be quite for the next several days with the holiday weekend upon us & so many people traveling... Even if it is a tad early, Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans! :usa: Keep up the good work evreyone!

Suzanne

weight.png

Zannie, I haven't posted the thread yet, I'll do that later today...and I'll come back here and post the link to it so everyone can find it.

Okay...um...time for another fill! :hungry: We had Red Lobster for dinner tonight and I finished all SIX coconut shrimp (yum - my favorite), a few bites of mashed potatoes, & 1/2 a biscuit! :cool: Not good, not good! That is less than the 8 shrimp, 2 biscuits, full serving of potatoes & 1/2 a dessert I'd have had in my previous life, but still...!!! This weekend I was able to chug Water, too (smaller gulps than pre-Band, obviously, but still chugs).

Up till now, I'd been really satisfied with this 3rd fill & thought I'd gotten to a very nice place with my Band. But apparently not. Thankfully my next fill was already scheduled for July 5th!!! I guess those doctors of mine really do know what they're talking about, eh? :heh: :biggrin1:

:usa2: :usa: :usa2: Happy 4th of July!! :usa2: :usa: :usa2:

Okay guys we only have like 4 of us doing the July challenge. I know there are way more of than 4 bandsters for Feb 07 so I am going to post some details here. Zannie had a great idea to expand to our challenge even more to include categories that anyone can do. Here is part of her idea to help get us all moving.

(The following is all in the words of ZANNIE)

But I just wondering why more Feb'07 Bandster are not joining us in the exercise challenges. Surely it isn't our company!! biggrin1.gif So what might it be...?

I've read a lot of posts from further-along-than-us Bandsters who say they really didn't start exercising until about 6-months post-op... Maybe that is it. Or not, who knows! But perhaps we/you (ehem) ought to post the challenge details on the main Feb page, as a sort of "see, it's not so bad"... And I really enjoy the individual levels, personalizing them even further this month was a good idea!! But maybe we/you (ehem, again) could expand the levels further... If you're not terribly offended already, I suggest the following modification:

Intensity Level

Beginner/Moderate/Intermediate/Advanced/Athletic

20 min ... 30 min ..... 45 min ..... 60 min ... +60min

After all, if I have to push myself further, then so will YOU eventually biggrin1.gif -- and, more importantly, there are some people who have not yet begun this part of our journey. My road is longer than yours & I've got to step it up to reach the finish line, but it does take time to build endurance. The only difference between me & a slug when I got banded was that all day long I chased after 2 kids under 5! And now I'm actually working out half of the month -- thanks to your exercise challenges!

Anyhow -- with just the 4 of us in this challenge (so far) and it only being 4 days in to the month... What do you think about making some changes? And then one of us telling the Feb'07 bunch about the challenge details to spur the rest of our group on? Sort of a reminder that it's not to late to join up for July! It doesn't really affect you, me, TravelGirl or SkinnyJeans at all beyond modifying some labels (except if you want to declare a new intensity level wink.gif), and maybe it would pull some newbies into our fold? Or at least get them thinking ahead to next month... Our 6-month Band anniversaries are in AUGUST!!

(End of Zannie's message)

I think she has a great idea and I hope some others will join up with us!

Here is the exercise thread!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f89/feb-bandsters-july-challenge-37331/