Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Correction from above: Im such a pig, I just realised Ive also had a strawberry soya drink and a chocolate soya milk box thing (how could I forget?) This is is only my first day of fill and Ive had:

choc soy drink (3/4 glass)

strawberry soy drink (3/4 glass)

an iced lolly

vegie consomme (mug)

Tomato Soup (mug)

loads of Water

and ill have a glass of red wine at the pub in an hour

Is that too much??

How are you calorie wise? Just try to stay within whatever your doctor recommends. It may seem like you are eating a lot when you are on liquids, but I know I can drink a heck of a lot more chicken Soup than I can eat chicken.

I think your doing fine but watch your calories. I'm still hungry too but I've only been drinking full liquids and the band doesn't really restrict against that. I feel good about everything and hope the restriction will last a few months. My fills cost $250 each.

Good luck to you.

Thanks guys, you prompted me to calculate my calories - Ive had 582 cals and 12.4 fat grams. I know that is way less than the calories I can have but what about fat grams? My doc hasnt told me anything about how much I should be eating. What has your doctor told you?

Lily x

I just had my fill a week ago. I was on liquids 24 hours than 3 days mushies. Today, I've felt like my throat has something stuck in it. And a little chest pain (like after surgery golf ball). I think I may have over eaten today.

I only lost a 1lb though and hoped to loose 5 this week. Oh well still making progress.

I think 1200 calories and 20 grams of fat is where I am trying to stay. I also want to eat 60g of Protein per day. I guess it all depends on your current weight and activity level.

Can i ask, what is "PB'ing"? It seems like it is throwing up but what does each letter stand for? "What is MRSA"? While on the subject, is DH = darling husband? Sorry, still trying to learn all the lingo.

It has been a long time since I have posted and I thought I would give an update on what has been going on...

Began the WLS process with a visit to Dr. Schofield (Ohio) 12/28/06. Surgery date was 2/19/07 (-13#'s). Two week post-op appointment 3/5/07 (-10#'s). First fill 4/2/07 (-7#'s). Weighed in today because not knowing is driving me nuts 4/19/07 (-7#'s). The grand total to this point is 37#'s. I am unsure as to whether this is considered great progress but I will take it. It is better than the alternative! It has been interesting to read about the differences between the 4cc and the 10cc band and the fill/restriction levels. I have a 4cc band and the first fill was 2cc's. I am not sure what to expect on fill #2 coming up on 5/7/07. hhhmmm!

It has been a while since I have posted. I think I must have been depressed with gaining instead of losing. I started out good lost 26lbs on 4wk liquid pre op diet then lost another 16lbs the first 2 1/2 weeks after surgery. That was greet a total of 42 lbs in 6 to 7 weeks. Then over the next three weeks before first fill I gained back 10 lbs:faint: I got 1st fill they put in 2.5 cc in my VG band and after 2wks gained another 1 or 2lbs back this was very depressing so I got 2nd fill of 2.5 cc total of 5cc a week ago.I can not believe this last week I have lost 16 lbs so I have hope again and I am scheduled for my 3rd fill in a week from know hopefully the losing will continue.

Terry

Terry, wow, is that because you have good restriction now? I'm assuming so, what have you been eating then?

It has been a while since I have posted. I think I must have been depressed with gaining instead of losing. I started out good lost 26lbs on 4wk liquid pre op diet then lost another 16lbs the first 2 1/2 weeks after surgery. That was greet a total of 42 lbs in 6 to 7 weeks. Then over the next three weeks before first fill I gained back 10 lbs:faint: I got 1st fill they put in 2.5 cc in my VG band and after 2wks gained another 1 or 2lbs back this was very depressing so I got 2nd fill of 2.5 cc total of 5cc a week ago.I can not believe this last week I have lost 16 lbs so I have hope again and I am scheduled for my 3rd fill in a week from know hopefully the losing will continue.

Terry

Hi Oldgiesser, Congratulations on your recent weight loss, I just want you to read something I had just posted today under (Docters+Hospitals) and then it is the 640th post under (Considering DR. Kirshenbaum) sorry i just don't have the energy to re-post it. I just don't want you to move too quickly with your next fill if you are losing ok. Good Luck, Sunnysea

Only 5 weeks left!! Awesome!! 4th row is great!! I can't remember the set list; however, when Josh sings, "Not While I'm Around", Jerry lets, the first few rows come up to the stage to stand next to Josh. If you see Jerry (Josh's security), ask him if you can get a drumstick after his solo or if you can be one of the lucky girls to go up to the front. I got to do this in Vegas and it was awesome. Little did I know during the whole thing, I was on the big Screen with Josh singing. His Mother came up to me after the show and told me she thought it was adorable. Such a great moment. You are going to love the show. Josh does such an awesome show this time around. I wish I could be there to see your face. :faint:

P.S. I think the reason why nobody says anything about what he sings is that we are all too Josh-brained to remember. LOL

Hi Charlotte,

I have a little over 5 weeks before I see Josh and I can't wait. I'm 4th row from the front and I am literally counting every day!!lol!! I'm sure I will totally freak out when I'm there. What's the set list like for this tour. I keep looking on FOJG but no one says anything about what he sings!