Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hi everyone,

I've been really busy so haven't been on for a while. I had my surgery through Barix Clinics, and they have me on full liquids till day 21, which isn't until the 21st, My surgery was on 2/27. I have lost 15 lbs so far which I'm not sure if that is good or not but we have some different rules not allowed to have more than 2 gms of added sugar in our foods, though it doesn't count if it is from fruits or vegetables. I envy all of you on your mushy's hope I do ok as it's unknown territory yet.

Jen

Tracy, I think I would have been just fine if I'd opted for the grilled version, and only had ONE instead of TWO. I at least wouldn't be feeling so guilty right now, anyway.

I'll just have to work twice as hard at Curves tonight when I go work out.:(

travelgirl , i've tried the grilled snack wrap. i just don't eat the tortilla. have any of you taken that one extra bite and felt like a knife was going thru your chest - ooh the pain ! i haven't had a pb yet, but there was some sliming along w/ the pain. i've for sure learned my lesson and have become really aware of eating slowly now & taking small bites. wednesday will make 4 weeks for me since the surgery. my nutritionist warned me not to stay in the mushies because others have found that they can eat a lot more mushies than solid food and begin to take in too many calories in the mushy stage. i've pretty much moved onto solids except for Breakfast. i feel really tight in the a.m. so i try to eat one softly scrambled egg , but i can usually only eat about half of it. i get hungry after an hour or two tho' so i'm ready for my 1st fill on april 3rd.

Hi Guys,

I am getting soooo frustrated. I dont have any restriction at all. I was banded on 24th February and should still be on mushies but Im just not getting full. I can eat a tonne.

Tonight I went out with friends for lebanese and tried to stick to mushies but I didnt, I ate solids and almost as much as I would have done before the band. Why is this not working for me? I feel like an absolute failure. I have no self control.

Im really scared Ive done myself some damage, ie my band slipped, port flipped etc ...

I know most people dont feel severe restriction until their first fill but Im not feeling any at all ...

:phanvan :faint: :phanvan :faint: :phanvan :faint: :phanvan

Hi Guys,

I am getting soooo frustrated. I dont have any restriction at all. I was banded on 24th February and should still be on mushies but Im just not getting full. I can eat a tonne.

Tonight I went out with friends for lebanese and tried to stick to mushies but I didnt, I ate solids and almost as much as I would have done before the band. Why is this not working for me? I feel like an absolute failure. I have no self control.

Im really scared Ive done myself some damage, ie my band slipped, port flipped etc ...

I know most people dont feel severe restriction until their first fill but Im not feeling any at all ...

I was having the same frustrations. I could eat solid food within a week and I was not getting full. It was such trouble to eat super slow because I knew I would be fine. I got my first fill two weeks ago and it helped a little for a few days then back to normal. I just got my second fill today and I am definitly feeling more restriction. I know it is hard and it sucks but just be patient and work with your doctor to get good restriction.

Hi Guys,

Ok, don't beat yourself up. There seems to be a bit of that going around on this thread today. :guess

You're only 4 weeks out from surgery. You may not have any restriction yet. My doc said that until you have your first fill, once the swelling from the surgery goes completely down, you may feel extremely hungry, and have no restriction. He said that this is PERFECTLY normal and even expected, to some degree.

Jump back in right where you are, go back to your surgeon's instructions, and try to follow them. You are NOT a failure! Unless you are having constant or recurring pain, I'm sure that your band is just fine. If you are still concerned, call your doc and tell him what's going on.

The beauty of the lap band is that even when we backslide, our band doesn't give up on us. We get to start over whenever we feel we need to. Like me, right after lunch today. (I posted a confession earlier...:( )

(((((hugs)))))

I ordered TWO, one honey-mustard and one ranch, since I didn't know which one I'd like.:embarassed: So I'm sitting there, eating the first one slowly, chewing very well....taking small bites,:rolleyes and it all goes down pretty well....and instead of telling myself that I'm not hungry anymore (which was TRUE) and calling it good, I sat there and I ATE THE SECOND ONE:faint:

Travelgirl:

Even tonight I was "hungry" and cooked WAY too much food, and recognized this after I put it on the small plate I use to try and assist with Portion Control. When can we flip the switch and tell our brain we are now eating like a skinny person and our stomach does not hold that much anymore. I really really really wanted to eat it all but I have never eaten until I was full and am afraid to.

Isn't it interesting, I am not afraid to eat anything and everything, because of my incredible chewing, but I am afraid to eat too much.

So the McDonald things are tasty? What kind of nutrition are they? Did you eat the tortilla too? If you think you ate too many calories, just go for a long walk to burn the calories, don't get bummed out.

I could eat solid food within a week and I was not getting full. I got my first fill two weeks ago and it helped a little for a few days then back to normal. I just got my second fill today and I am definitly feeling more restriction. I know it is hard and it sucks but just be patient and work with your doctor to get good restriction.

So Babygirl1234

Will you share with us that belong to the NO RESTRICTION "club" what you experience and try to describe the first fill and the second fill and the significant differences. Since you had no restriction just like us from the get go right after swelling went down, do you think you are experiencing a significant different eating pattern now that you have had two fills? Is is similiar to what we felt for the first 48 hours post surgery?

Give us some insight please.

The no restriction club is really just a term. I had restriction for maybe a day or two,maybe not even that. I am wide open and have -0- trouble with anything.

Yeah, I'm with you, Pam. I have had absolutely no trouble with anything I've tried to date. I even spent a week in Vegas which may I say is NOT a band friendly place....

Also, Pam, to answer your question(s), you can go to McDonald's website, and "bag a McMeal", and you can see all the nutritonal info on everything you put in the bag. It's pretty cool. Put a big mac and lg fries in there if you want to have an instant heart attack! Unbelievable!

I'll probably do the Grilled snack wrap on occasion, but they weren't all THAT good that I'll go out of my way to go have one on purpose if I can help it. Does that make sense?

I feel better reading this. I was banded on 2/23 and feel absolutely no restriction. I can eat anything and everything and haven't lost any weight in more than a week. My fill is set for 4/10, but I also just feel like such a failure. I see how much others are losing and it is depressing. I had lost 13 pounds at my post op appt. after 3 weeks, but most of that was from the preop diet. UGH. I am not a patient person.......this is really hard. I did feel so much restriction at the beginning, but now I just feel back to normal. I hope with fills I will start to lose again.

Gretchen

So do you eat mushies??? Or what do you eat?

Some softer foods, I have a medication I have to take in applesauce or another blendable food. I can't believe that I have no restriction at all, tonight I had 2 pieces of cheese+ mushroom pizza(I know GUILTY). 2 weeks ago if you said that I would be eating regular foods by now I would have said you were crazy. I followed the rules so closely up to now, granted I could be making better choices but I can't be eating just soft foods, they would go right through me.:) I have to get cooking again.

I was just comfortable, each day I seem to be back to my old self! Ofcourse I have gotten away from all my candy eating and my portions as a whole are much smaller than before. Lets just say no buffets for me in the next couple of weeks, this is getting harder than I thought. I really look forward to my 1st fill the 1st week of April. But also I have to remember how lucky I am to have my band and this chance to better my self.:) Sunnysea