Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

CVAden;

The pre op diet is not FUN!! But it is for your safety for the surgery. I could tell you my ugly diet story but I am sure you can understand why we are all in the situation we are in. We all have ugly diet stories, do the best you can and just remember that it only lasts until surgery day and then it is freedom. You can do it!!! Self control is definately one of my downfalls, but I keep thinking of safety during surgery.

Not really dying. It's just really hard, but amazing that I can go to bed hungry and wake up 10 hours later fine. The hardest part is still cooking for and feeding my kids. By habit, you pick up a bite. No wonder I'm big. My mom and one of my BF are supportive, but I think some people in my life don't want to see me thin agian after being overweight the last 10 years or so.

I check in the hospital at 5:45am. The day has come. I did some last minute running around today. I have the last load of laundry in the washer. I think I have everything that I need for the first couple of days. I can have my honey get something if I need it. Of course I will have to wait till he gets home from work. He has tomorrow off of course, but that is all. It will be me and the animals for most of the days. As of right now I have the next two weeks to recover. I am nervous. I am calm, but my insides are having a field day. So far I am pretty sure that I won't be able to sleep. I am going to write my letters tonight. My honey knows where everything is...finances and all. I am nervous about going under. Good luck to the other 2/20 bandsters!!! May we all wake up!!!

I'm now 6 days post op and feel so much better; still some gas pains and pain around the port area but nothing I can't deal with. I've also stopped feeling so weak and wobbly.

The only problem I seem to have is insomnia. I'm so tired but can't seem to sleep. I thought I was just uncomfortable so I took some tramadol last night but I still couldn't sleep. I must have had 1 hour tops. I know if I could sleep I would feel so much brighter. Any ideas?

I have the same problem sleeping. Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, and then woke up wide awake at 2 am..I couldn't get back to sleep until 4 am, and only slept another 4 hours.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Hi Everyone,

Three days post-op, pain is getting much better, but serious gas pain after eating. Feeling very hungry! I see so many different times for different foods. Are creamed Soups ok this first week?

Went for a 30 min walk the day after surgery, but find that inconceivable today! Ouch. Anyone else started their exercise regime yet? I find the port site to be the most tender, with actual protrusion, rather scary, but when I checked with the Dr office, they said to give it a month, as post-op swelling is most likely responsible.

I'm walking like .5/mile every day..Hopefully, next week, I'll be up to a mile. I brought a bike before my surgery, and I can't wait to start riding.

Hey Louise: I was banded February 1st. The first night I slept longer than 2-3 hours was on the 16th! I have no explanation and you're the first other person that I've seen that's mentioned this side affect. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one and I'm happy to report that I'm back to sleeping full nights...FINALLY.

Glad to know I'm not alone. I slept a little better last night but it was still broken. Hopefully like you I will be sleeping properly again soon!:notagree

I check in the hospital at 5:45am. The day has come. I did some last minute running around today. I have the last load of laundry in the washer. I think I have everything that I need for the first couple of days. I can have my honey get something if I need it. Of course I will have to wait till he gets home from work. He has tomorrow off of course, but that is all. It will be me and the animals for most of the days. As of right now I have the next two weeks to recover. I am nervous. I am calm, but my insides are having a field day. So far I am pretty sure that I won't be able to sleep. I am going to write my letters tonight. My honey knows where everything is...finances and all. I am nervous about going under. Good luck to the other 2/20 bandsters!!! May we all wake up!!!

Hi Kelly, my surgery is also today. I keep thinking I don't feel nervous, but then I notice that I have been up almost every hour to 1 1/2 hours. I can't really sleep. So, I know how you feel. For me it still just doesn't seem real. Maybe it will when I actually get to the hospital.

My surgery starts @ 9:00am and I will be there by 7:30am.

Good luck Kelly and everyone else getting banded today. :mad:

We have quite a list for today!!!!!! :clap2:

:cake:DooneyJC - 02/20

:cake:KHolmes - 02/20

:cake:FLPeach - 02/20

:cake:Pam~02'07Bander - 02/20

:cake:Lexus02 - 02/20

:cake:Skyeblue79 - 02/20

:cake:StaceyLynn - 02/20

Tracy

What is your pre op diet consist of? If your gonna cheat, at least cheat healthy and eat lean meat or protien, drink an additional shake, don't eat shit food or you may get turned away on the surgery table. I know you can do it! You have 6 more days left. Drink more 2 more bottles of cyrstal light. You have come this far, we have all done worse diets and have stuck to them more than 6 days; you have 6 MORE days, you can do it. How about low sodium chick broth?

1 hour at a time then 1 day at a time. you can do it!!!!

I am really lucky to have this opportunity and I need to pull up my britches and be an adult. Thanks for the encouragement. Of course this has sparred my mom into saying.. well if you can't do it now.. what makes you think you can stick to it after surgery. I'm like.. ok.. did you even *read* all the stuff I sent to you about this procedure...

ANYwho, thanks

T

My hunger is returning!!! How much is Too much? I'm scared I may stretch pouch??? Any Ideas????

Teacher

banded 2/14/07

Hope everything has gone well with you and your surgery! I had a small undetected hiatal hernia behind my esophagus that when they inflated my abdomen and pulled the esophagus to place the band it allowed air into my chest cavity and collapsed my left lung. All is well now. The lung is inflated and the band is in place. Just sore as can be but not enough to keep me from attending our city council meeting tonight. The nice thing is I haven't eaten since saturday night and I'm not hungry!

Let me know how you are doing.

ouachita

Okay, dtrmt07 and Ouachita, today's our day! I wish you both the best and will look forward to comparing stories later this week. I plan on trying to think of all the positive outcomes I expect from this and try to put all the scary, nervous things out of my head.

Get ready, here we go......