Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very vocal anti-WLS aquaintance is on this site...

She was apparently sleeved not too long ago and has decided to keep it hidden. What she isn't mentioning to people on here is that she is really super harsh and makes fun of people who cannot "do it on their own". Almost no one knows she was sleeved.

Also, she will be very shocked to find out that I now know she trolls VST and reads my posts and posts of her other friends that she then puts down for having the surgery. You would DIE if you knew who slipped your secret.

I wanted to offer you a chance to stop saying the nasty, critical things you say while acting like you are "just changing old habits".

And, yes, I really enjoy the thought of you peeing your pants as you troll this post.

So with that said - has anyone else had this happen? I would not put much past this person, but it still seems so extreme. I never dreamed anyone would be this passive aggressive.

So this person is losing and claims to donut the old fashion way while criticizing those that have bad WLS? And in addition trolls this board to see what you are posting? It may be passive aggressive but it is also rather sad....,

I don't feel comfortable saying, but hopefully she will realize what she is doing.

It sounds a bit wishy-washy, but she IS getting support and help here, and none of her posts here seem to even really express the person I see in real life. Hopefully she is struggling with equalibrium between who she wants to be and what she is right now.

I wish her success, but having been the topic of some of her opinions, I hope she become a less hate-full person.

If I did out her, she could just join under another name. It would solve nothing. :(

This does not surprise me at all. I haven't had experience with any WLS friends exhibiting this behavior but I've experienced it with other things. I can't imagine the level of self loathing they must have. Sad huh?

So this person is losing and claims to donut the old fashion way while criticizing those that have bad WLS? And in addition trolls this board to see what you are posting? It may be passive aggressive but it is also rather sad....,

Yes, she is telling everyone on our end that she is losing after using her vacation home to 'kick start' her 'new outlook' by exercising and walking daily, etc. She is critical of anyone who has ever had weight loss surgery, considered it, etc. The more weight you lose, or the more your size changes, the harsher she seems to get.

She was apparently sleeved not too long ago and has decided to keep it hidden. What she isn't mentioning to people on here is that she is really super harsh and makes fun of people who cannot "do it on their own". Almost no one knows she was sleeved.

Also' date=' she will be very shocked to find out that I now know she trolls VST and reads my posts and posts of her other friends that she then puts down for having the surgery. You would DIE if you knew who slipped your secret.

I wanted to offer you a chance to stop saying the nasty, critical things you say while acting like you are "just changing old habits".

And, yes, I really enjoy the thought of you peeing your pants as you troll this post.

So with that said - has anyone else had this happen? I would not put much past this person, but it still seems so extreme. I never dreamed anyone would be this passive aggressive.[/quote']

JUST WOW ND HOW SAD!

This does not surprise me at all. I haven't had experience with any WLS friends exhibiting this behavior but I've experienced it with other things. I can't imagine the level of self loathing they must have. Sad huh?

It is sad. But also frustrating. I am hesitant to say anger or anything, should she attempt to use it to say I threatened her or something. She is quick to stir up drama.

I know someone who claims to have naturally lost their weight utilizing a weight loss supplement, and in turn has created this large following of people who purchase supplements from them (its a husband and wife team I only know for a fact that the husband has had bypass but I really think she probably has too) Anyway they have made money off of people buying these supplements to get the same results and even won a car and trips through the company. I know he has had the surgery because first it was posted briefly on his FB but he deleted it shortly after it was posted. He uses the same surgeon as me, and has attended the same weight loss support group as me (when the monthly e mail goes out him and his wife are always in the list of people it is sent too. When confronted he claims he just had a liver biopsy and that was it. It frustrates me and because of him I decided early on that once I have the surgery and get past the first few months that I will be completely honest. I want to get thru the application and approval process and actual surgery before I tell those other than the ones I am close too.

Yes, she is telling everyone on our end that she is losing after using her vacation home to 'kick start' her 'new outlook' by exercising and walking daily, etc. She is critical of anyone who has ever had weight loss surgery, considered it, etc. The more weight you lose, or the more your size changes, the harsher she seems to get.

Since she's criticized people in the past for WLS, I'm sure it's really hard to take back everything she's said. Instead she's deciding to lie in the hopes that no one makes her eat crow.

Actually if he is using it to sell weight loss supplemements and he has ever, ever mailed any to anyone, it becomes a felony, I think. It is still illegal. Now that I would call out flat!

Bad karma for someone to sell supplements under false pretense. It will come back and bite them one way or another.

To the OP - why don't you invite her to lunch - she won't be able to hide the truth then.

Lol, I have been near her socially twice since. At a party she sipped a drink the entire time once and took things from the snack table but I never saw her eat them.

At dinner she said she was getting ready to do a fast. :/

I have not told anyone I work with about my surgery. I work in a recovery room and I hear how judgmental my co-workers are, especially the thin ones who never had a weight problem. I feel like I act as an advocate, defending our patients decision! I can't image having this surgery, yet criticizing people who have had it. She's a sick, sick person who needs lots of counseling. I'm sure she lied on her psych eval!