Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know it's strongly recommended "not" to drink carbonated beverages after surgery but it is the on thing I miss. Has anyone tried drinking them??

recommended "not" to drink carbonated beverages

tbomb

my NUT didn't just "recommend" me not to drink carbonated beverages

she said, "NO WAY to ANY carbonated beverages" :o

i was lucky, i was never a big soda drinker

some NUTS allow "alittle soda" maybe

i'm sure many people miss drinking soda :wacko:

some sleevers do drink a little soda whether their nut approves or not - i believe :huh:

but............oh well :(

gotta follow all the rules, can't pick and choose what rules to follow :(

good luck

kathy

Yes, I'm three months out and I've had diet sodas on a few occasions and it didn't feel any different than it did on my pre-sleeve stomach.

For the record, I was NOT advised against carbonation. I was told by my doctor that it is simply a matter of comfort and that SOME people experience discomfort when drinking carbonation, but that if I don't experience discomfort, that I am welcome to enjoy it. Other doctors may advise differently

Personally, I enjoy a diet soda maybe once every week or two and it's delicious and refreshing.... course for my general hydration needs I stick to pure H2O,

Edited to add: I was told no carbonation for the first six weeks.. then after that I was free to try diet soda.

A friend of mine was sleeved in August, she drinks pop. Doesn't seem to bother her, me personally no way"!!

I don't know how far post op you are - but I would want to make sure that I was good and healed before I tried a carbonated beverage. Like 6 weeks out, or more, it doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm hoping that you posted your desire so that someone tells you NO.

I know it's strongly recommended "not" to drink carbonated beverages after surgery but it is the on thing I miss. Has anyone tried drinking them??

I drink diet soda all the time. Everyday. Several a day. I'm not saying you should do it but I do.

Yes' date=' I'm three months out and I've had diet sodas on a few occasions and it didn't feel any different than it did on my pre-sleeve stomach.

For the record, I was NOT advised against carbonation. I was told by my doctor that it is simply a matter of comfort and that SOME people experience discomfort when drinking carbonation, but that if I don't experience discomfort, that I am welcome to enjoy it. Other doctors may advise differently

Personally, I enjoy a diet soda maybe once every week or two and it's delicious and refreshing.... course for my general hydration needs I stick to pure H2O,

Edited to add: I was told no carbonation for the first six weeks.. then after that I was free to try diet soda.[/quote']

I was told the same thing, that it is whether you can tolerate it or not. I was also given a book written by a Bariatric Nutritionist which ok's diet soda.

I just miss the taste. I'm so done with crystal light' date=' Gatorade Water ect... Need liquid ideas.[/quote']

Tea w some Splenda.

I haven't had surgery yet but sodas, including diet Sodas were the only Thing my dr told me was off limits forever. That was 6 weeks ago. Since that day I have traded my 10 can per day diet dr pepper habit for Kool-Aid with stevia. It was a tough first week but I did it. I can say I won't have it again because he spoke so strongly but if he hadn't I would sure try after 2 months or so. I would at least give things a good amt of time to heal well first. I am not happy about it but I am happy to be able to stop putting aspartame in my body all day long.

I know someone who buys soda stream mixers and doesn't carbonate them. They say its good. I haven't tried if

Not everyone is told no soda forever yet some people are so quick to criticize. .my dr and nut says after 3 months if I feel comfortable drinking it ill be fine...I was never a sodaholic but id love to have a small small glass every once in a while. .like 1-2x per month.

I was a HUGE soda addict. I haven't had a soda since before surgery in November. I accidentally (and it really was an accident) took a big swig of my mom's root beer from McDonalds because I thought it was my tea. It was disgusting!!!! Over the moths, I thought about the root beer and tried a very small sip of a few different old favorites of mine and they were terrible. I never thought anything could fix that addiction, but it has! I drink nothing but tea and love it! I did try a Coke Icee and even the small amount of carbonation really made me gassy and uncomfortable. I don't miss them even a little bitty bit. I used to drink literally 6-12 Pepsi's per day before surgery and I know that is part of what made me so huge! No thank you! I'd like to keep this weight off!

I am a diet coke addict...my dr & nut strongly advise against it...but I have tried it and diet root beer a few times after 6 weeks...neither taste the same to me now...I didn't experience any problems, but I didn't enjoy it like I used to.

However, I am staying dehydrated...so I am about ready to try drinking it again in moderation just for fluids sake. I still get really full from drinking or eating, so I struggle with Protein and Water...I typically get in 2 or 3 8oz cups of skim milk and one 20 oz Water per day...plus eat ice...and it takes me all day to do just that...water & Protein shakes are just disgusting to me & give me that I'm going to barf feeling, which I hate!