Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pancakes for breakfast on my pre-op diet!

I'm on a low carb, high Protein diet until my surgery (haven't been assigned a date yet). I'm only allowed 20 carbs per day. I miss fruit and vegetables- ate them all the time before. My typical Breakfast was 2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese with 1c strawberries and 1/4c blueberries. I can't stand eggs more than 2 days in a row for breakfast or I was going to hurl. I need variety- but has to be breakfasty! So I found this recipe for low carb Protein Powder pancakes- 9 G Protein and 3G carbs per pancake and made them for breakfast this morning. Man, they look great, but they are so freaking dry I couldn't get them down! That's a bust. Anyone have some good low carb pancake recipes out there? Any other breakfast ideas? I'm not a seafood fan so smoked salmon is out. :(. I know I'm way more fortunate than most pre-op dieters out there who are on liquid only and my hat is off to each and every one of you!

post-50108-13813666541106_thumb.jpg

What a shame, they look really good! :(

Question...why are you doing the pre-op diet if you dont have a date yet? Or are you doing the 3 month pre diet...have you been approved? Just curious...

Question...why are you doing the pre-op diet if you dont have a date yet? Or are you doing the 3 month pre diet...have you been approved? Just curious...

I have been submitted for approval by my insurance, and my goal is to have surgery in June due to a garden tour I'm hosting at my garden in late August. Lord willing I don't have any complications, that will give me time to get a little energy back and do some finishing work in the garden before the tour (lots of master gardeners & magazine/book featured gardeners coming). Per the surgeons office my insurance could take up to 1 month, but typically they said 1-2 weeks. After approval, we go to a consent signing and nutrition class pre surgery and they start us on a 2 week diet. So that would typically put me out into July. But because I went through all the pre and post surgery appointments with my husband last year (fiddleman), I know how to do the pre surgery diet they want and started the day I was submitted to insurance so they can fast track me and squeeze me into the consent signing the moment I hear something from insurance, and then if there is an opening, surgery almost immediately after the consent signing instead of having to wait the two weeks! The nutrition team was okay with it since they know me and I've already lost 25lbs on my own and know the diet. I'm okay I think if I go into early July- my husband was sleeved July 2 so that might actually be pretty cool if we were exactly 1 year apart, but I'm hoping for June. Whew! :)

Have you checked out world according to egg face blog? She has some pancake recipes and I know she try's to stay way from carbs. I have a couple of her recipes pinned on Pinterest that ill try a little further out.

Have you checked out world according to egg face blog? She has some pancake recipes and I know she try's to stay way from carbs. I have a couple of her recipes pinned on Pinterest that ill try a little further out.

Thanks- I'll check it out!

Aaah- much better! Carmel apple pancakes from Eggface's website- a few improvements such as a squirt or two of SF caramel Torani Syrup, 1tsp Splenda, and 1/2 tbsp butter. I didn't have pancake mix so I added 1/2 tsp baking powder to 3 tbsp whole wheat flour and it came out great! I would eat these even when I'm not low carb! Moist and delish! More of a splurge on the carbs than I'd like but worth it. I see this as a Saturday am tradition. :)

post-50108-13813666642954_thumb.jpg