Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

caved...ate reg. food during liquid stage!

Aaahhhh! I caved! I ate whold food a week after surgery! Not to sound melodramatic...but I feel like a failure.

I am so frustrated with my choices. I finally have a good chance to loose weight and I feel I am that I am sabotaging it. Anyone else cave in to the call of "real" food during your post op eating schedule?

I had lots of restriction until a week after surgery. Then it went away over a couple days. Now I have very little. Do you think the swelling went down, or did I cause the band to slip? Do you think I hurt my band...cause my stomach to stretch?

11 days since surgery...3 days until mushies...

Dont panic, the swelling has gone down. If you'd caused a slip you'd most likely have ongoing problems and if you'd overeaten or chosen something you couldnt handle to that degree you most likely would have been in pain whilst doing it. If it went down fine, the chances are that it has done no damage. But just get back on the wagon.

Dont feel like a failure, very few people are perfect right through this banding experience and we need to eat to live - its not unusual to feel hungry and hyperinterested in food if you're on a liquid diet!

hi there

yeah no need for panic my dr advices semi solids from as soon as you can manage them as he says you can put far more soft foods down your neck than solid so my dietfor two weeks is anything blended scrambled eggs shephards,pie thatkind off thing so although you should do what your own surgeon says there is others like me that dont have same restrictions,i guess the only thing that is universal is to listen to your body when its full even if your head is not stop !!!

im still learning that one ..i was banded 11 days ago and 14 pound down so whatever im doing it working

I would go back on the suggested diet right away. I too ate regular food and my doctor nearly had a coranary attack. It is really important not to hurt the band. The stitches can come out. I would just go right back on. Your band is probably fine. Good luck.

Oh my gosh! I did too. My brother made some mac and cheese and I just HAD to taste it! I ate two spoonfuls! It was soooooo worth it to me. Of course I felt guilty as much but I was more scared of the band and the healing issues. Its only been a week for me and I'm still on liquids. I haven't done that again though, but it was DELICIOUS!

I did the same thing last night. My husband (wouldn't call him dear, we are seperated) took me to the one of those movie theaters where you order dinner. I snuck in my Jello (1 week post surgery) but when I looked at the menu I ended up ordering mac and cheese off the kids menu. It was great! I only ate a few bites but after felt so guilty. Of course I called my mom when I was through and she went balistic on me:cry . Well today is a new day and I am really going to try and stay on all liquids today.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

It wasn't a wise decision, but it is done. Get up and dust yourself off. You are human and we all make mistakes. Just get back on your liquids and follow the diet your doc has you on. You will probably be fine. Just watch the symptoms.

i am in the same boat as you! I am 7 days post-op and have lost my restriction. I tried to eat a piece of lasgna for lunch but couln't so I went to cottage cheese. I am soo hungry. It is a miserable feeling!!

I caved and had some instant mashed potatotes, though I added extra milk. I felt so bad I threw away the rest of the box so I can stick to liquids only for the next 6 days.

It's hard though.

Maurdan, it happens. But just get back on the wagon. The day before I left Mexico, Dr Rumbaut had several of us in his office and told this horrible story about "pizza girl." He said she went back to the hotel after being banded, ordered a pizza, stuffed it down and started throwing up blood, then they had to rush her to surgery. I don't know if it's true, maybe he told us that to scare us, but it created a helluva visual for me. When I got hungry on liquids, I just remembered that visual, and went and got another sugarfree popsicle to get me through.

hi there

yeah no need for panic my dr advices semi solids from as soon as you can manage them as he says you can put far more soft foods down your neck than solid so my dietfor two weeks is anything blended scrambled eggs shephards,pie thatkind off thing so although you should do what your own surgeon says there is others like me that dont have same restrictions,i guess the only thing that is universal is to listen to your body when its full even if your head is not stop !!!

im still learning that one ..i was banded 11 days ago and 14 pound down so whatever im doing it working

Were you on a pre op diet before your surgery because out of my two weeks I only lost 10lsbs but I also cheated too

I did the same thing last night. My husband (wouldn't call him dear, we are seperated) took me to the one of those movie theaters where you order dinner. I snuck in my Jello (1 week post surgery) but when I looked at the menu I ended up ordering mac and cheese off the kids menu. It was great! I only ate a few bites but after felt so guilty. Of course I called my mom when I was through and she went balistic on me:cry . Well today is a new day and I am really going to try and stay on all liquids today.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Please don't feel bad after reading so many of the post, I see that it could be common to fail on some days. I know we can not keep cheating but this website really motivates me to continue and do well. I had a piece of chicken the other day and my daughter screamed, " You don't suppose to have that" so I also got another reminder beside you guys, I really appreciate the support here.

Everyone lets just get back on the band wagon because we are going to look so good.:clap2:

no pre op diet either ...gosh my surgeon chilled though i havent lost anymore in fact it going up a bit but im not worried as i know im not eating too many calories and im still a bit swollen,also i had periodduringweight loss its so hard to tell but my clothes fit better and im wearinga pair of jeans that were banished to bottom ofwardrobe i feel im doing ok !!! its a long road ahead