Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here's to a new BEGINNING!!!

Well....all that is left is the Nutrition classes on Jan 25th and Feb 8th....Lastly is to see the Dr.--I have a female doctor who is really nice it seems. Has done well over 400 lapbands...So my wait is another 3 to 4 weeks for all of this....I am hoping it will go well

:clap2: Well....all that is left is the Nutrition classes on Jan 25th and Feb 8th....Lastly is to see the Dr.--I have a female doctor who is really nice it seems. Has done well over 400 lapbands...So my wait is another 3 to 4 weeks for all of this....I am hoping it will go well:scared: :clap2:

:D I had lap band on November 21, 2206. Wow, I have learned alot and still got a long way to go. I also have lost some weight. Yeah, glad I did it. It sometimes is a roller coaster ride so hang on. Diane H.

Laugh when you can

apologize when you should

and let go of what you can't change.

Kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly,

take chances, give everything and

have no regrets.

Life is to short to be anything but happy.

go to treasuretrooper.com/12247 and join! complete offers/surveys for loads of cash, no personal info required. get up to 50% back on most shopping sites with treasuretrooper!

:clap2: Well....all that is left is the Nutrition classes on Jan 25th and Feb 8th....Lastly is to see the Dr.--I have a female doctor who is really nice it seems. Has done well over 400 lapbands...So my wait is another 3 to 4 weeks for all of this....I am hoping it will go well:scared: :clap2:

What a long process.........hopefully time flys for you.:biggrin1:

New update....I have a Feb-28th Drs appointment. The appointment where I am talking bout the surgery date. The insurance has approved the surgery already. I talked to the clerk--she told me--within 2 weeks of that appointment date--I could have the surgery. I am hoping on that March date. I now know the list is very long and Dr Weaver is doing well in her practice....

The way they work it here--that Feb 28th is when the Dr tells you what date. I have no idea. But the receptionist who called to set up the 2/28 date says--"Dr Weaver usually schedules the surgery within 2 weeks after your appointment with her". The city is Memphis, TN,@ St Francis Hospital-- I live about 30 miles to the south in Mississippi.....

Grab hold of something, it is going to be a wonderful ride.

edie

Wow Edie, You have great results. An Inspiration to all of us. :)

Millions of Dollars have been cut off the Medicare and Medicaid budget. Now the Medicare who controls my fate--even with BC/BS as my secondary. So I find out as thursday--Now medicare wants at least 1/2 a tear of weight loss failure reports. So now--again--blocked for a possible 3 months. Well all is not loss....I have to get my Dr and Nurses Practioner to write up that from my records---Hopefully I have 6 months of weights and reason why it failed...

Millions of Dollars have been cut off the Medicare and Medicaid budget. Now the Medicare who controls my fate--even with BC/BS as my secondary. So I find out as thursday--Now medicare wants at least 1/2 a tear of weight loss failure reports. So now--again--blocked for a possible 3 months. Well all is not loss....I have to get my Dr and Nurses Practioner to write up that from my records---Hopefully I have 6 months of weights and reason why it failed...:faint:

Millions of Dollars have been cut off the Medicare and Medicaid budget. Now the Medicare who controls my fate--even with BC/BS as my secondary. So I find out as thursday--Now medicare wants at least 1/2 a tear of weight loss failure reports. So now--again--blocked for a possible 3 months. Well all is not loss....I have to get my Dr and Nurses Practioner to write up that from my records---Hopefully I have 6 months of weights and reason why it failed...:faint:
Man, that sucks! I have a friend that I work with thats been trying to get approved. She's been struggling all her life with being overweight. She has done all the different diets and like all of us gained it all back plus. She was denied and is trying to appeal. They are all cracking down and getting more restrictive. I feel bad cause she is a perfect canidate and insurance is just screwing with her... Don't give up Lee. Perseverance and patience is a must with this medical system.:mad:

It makes me wonder...The Program director asked my regular Drs office to submit my entire records to them. They didnt want to lose me or others to the red tape. I got a letter yesterday--asking me to submit a menu to them for the surgery. This is saying, they are trying to make this happen. This is also confusing. I took my program fee money and put it back into the bank. The letter says they wanted me to submit a menu of what I'd eat with the Pereed foods for 3 days, then turn it in to them. The an education check list--well I forgot to turn in. So as I know it--they are hoping that I can still go through with my lap band....let's all hope I can get it next manth than in May...

It makes me wonder...The Program director asked my regular Drs office to submit my entire records to them. They didnt want to lose me or others to the red tape. I got a letter yesterday--asking me to submit a menu to them for the surgery. This is saying, they are trying to make this happen. This is also confusing. I took my program fee money and put it back into the bank. The letter says they wanted me to submit a menu of what I'd eat with the Pereed foods for 3 days, then turn it in to them. The an education check list--well I forgot to turn in. So as I know it--they are hoping that I can still go through with my lap band....let's all hope I can get it next manth than in May...

I don't know if I could have handled all the b.s. the insurance and docs put you through. I borrowed and did the surgery in just about ....hmmm 2 months from the first phone call to get info on the band, research and surgery. It's worth the wait , don't give up,buddy.:)