Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pictures of Terry Evans (sascijo)

Hey, Leatha, great idea! Texas is so spread out. Where's a good half-way point?

Terry, you and your daughter are precious! How wonderful to have a daughter for your best friend! I cried when I read your thoughts. I feel everything you're saying! I think you made that bartender's day!

Neicy, you ard your daugher are also banded? How cool is that! You can really give each other moral support and a good kick in the butt when needed. How's your fill?

OH MY GOSH LETHA,

Your new picture is wonderful....Please, post some...its your turn... I would love to meet you Texas gals..... We will have to work on this...Actually Brownwood or Brady (right by Brownwood) is the Geographical center of Tx. But there is not much to do here in this one horse town... The only good thing is that it doesn't cost much to live here. So if you chicks cans figure it out, lets do something. Maybe Austin or Ft. Worth- Arlington (six flags) I still have a hard time walking a lot, but we could take a lot of breaks.

New Hope,

You want to know something funny. My second oldest is 28, male, single and probably older than that bartender. I was telling him about it last night, and I guess I will never be anything but "mama" to him, cause he got that "deer in the headlights" look.. I just cracked up... he can't see me in any other way than his mama... I egged it on too... God it was fun... So then I added in junk that never happened, he finally said, "God mom, thats enough"... Then I told him the truth. Sure was fun.... Then he started telling me some stuff some of his friends have been saying about "his MOM". Sure do like it... It is better than a diet pill to make you not want to overeat when 20ish guys notice. Of course they were just saying kind , friendly stuff. By the way, thanks and I am certainly lucky to have my baby girl.....She is truly awesome....

As I mentioned before... You are quite the little Hottie Terry! You look Awesome!

Darcy

Terry, aren't your kids a riot? My oldest son (23) lives at home. He hasn't "noticed" my weight loss. I told him I'd had to buy some new nightgowns and smaller underwear. He said that was way more info. than he wanted to know. My youngest son (20) lives nearby. He's commented each time on how good I look and how much weight I've lost. Kids, you gotta love 'um!

OMG!! Sascijo, both you and your daughter are gorgeous! You have every right to proud of yourselves!

Hey, the Texas gathering sounds wonderful. I vote hill country, Fredericksburg???

Thanks again Darcy, never get tired of compliments... I am not very good at taking them I'm afraid. And Blossom ,you're a sweetie. Thank you... I would like Fredericksburg... We have to think about the upcoming Holiday's and cost and such. But it shouldn't cost too much just to meet and spend the day or the night even. I have only been to Fredericksbury once and I really don't remember much, but everyone here loves to go...

I want to encourage each of you, even if you don't post them, to get someone to keep a "picture trail" of your journey. I honestly did not realize how big I was. When I look back at the pictures I would let people take, I am appalled. I really believed nobody would be able to tell I had lost weight.... MAN, what an idiot. I was in denial about myself and heart goes out to every overweight lady or man I see. The pain floods back and I am even more appreciative of this gift called "banding"... Here come the tears again.

I haven't heard from Donali, or Delarla, or some of the others... What is going on, are they just real busy... does anyone know?

Hey, Terry -

Your pics are amazing!! Both you and your daughter are simply gorgeous.

Sorry I've been laying low. Feeling a little apathetic, these days - can't quite wrap my arms around why... But I'm reading, and watching, and cheering silently for everyone's success. I know - that's not too helpful, 'cause no one can hear that but me... :)

Keep up the good work, and try not to let yourself get frustrated. This journey is full of ups and downs, and I figure I LOVE roller coasters, so I quit compaining... :D

Once I learned that my journey wasn't about my WEIGHT, but about ME, and that my weight was just a symptom of something being wrong, I've been able to ride the ups and downs with a little more equilibrium. I still fret about the scale - don't get me wrong - but it doesn't hold the same power over me as it did in my "dieting" days.

This is just a very long process, banded or not. And it doesn't end when the excess weight is gone. So I am trying to enjoy the journey, since this is where life is actually happening.

xxoo

"So I'm trying to enjoy the journey, since this is where life is actually happening."

Wow, need that embroidered on a pillow, Donali! I used to always say, "When I lose weight, I'll do such & such, when I get enough $$, I'll do such & such, when I get enough time, I'll do such & such, when the kids get to a certain age, etc.

Unfortunately, time isn't standing still. I think I'm conscientously doing better now about enjoying and appreciating life each day. I still have to give myself a good shake every once in a while, but it seems to be getting better.

Donali,

First let me tell you how I look for your posts. There are things that happen for a reason. I believe that with all my heart. To compare this journey, or even life , with a roller coaster ride is so true. I love the way you put things. Sometimes I get so involved in what "my" life is like, I forget to be compassionate to my family and friends and what "their" life is like, or how they feel. It's hard to always be the "rock". I have always been.... But for the last year, I have been the "needy" one for some reason. I found that I liked it, It was good not to be strong, just to relax and let someone else have the reins. I realize I am doing this not only with my family, but here in the group and with my other group. But I am a little tired of being needy now, and feel I am ready to go back to being the "strong" one again. I must have needed a break. I have had a, wonderful, but "very difficult" life. I am sure we all could tell tales of woe...lol... but when I found you and this site, I really did find a place that I LOVE to be. Thank you for your sincere posts. Hopefully I can help you as much as you have helped me.

Now .....on a lighter note....you are so right New Hope... I guess life isn't standing still . What an eye opener. Makes you take a good look around and stop waiting for "when"....

Well being female, and truly loving the fact that God gave us males, I am very flattered that Bobby took the time to post and tell me that 50 doesn't look to bad after all....:):D puts a smile on my face a:) Thanks guy!

Terry,

This is going to sound weird, but I think it takes strength (or at least courage!) to reach out for (and more importantly) to accept help and support (IMHO).

Needing support is a very vulnerable place to be, because there is a chance that our request might be rejected, or we might be attacked for being in a vulnerable place, and then we need even MORE support to get us over that.

I am still learning that it is safe to ask for help when I need it. I am not always willing to admit I need help, but am outraged to watch others struggle without asking for MY help. :)

So you are right, things happen for a reason, and I needed reinforcement in my lesson to learn to ask for help and support. Everyone here has come through for me with flying colors in that regard.

Also, letting people GIVE support is a huge boost to their own self-worth and power - plus it lets them "pay back" and keep a feeling of equality, which is important in healthy relationships.

And it's easier to be empathetic when we've experienced both sides of the coin.

So good for you that you were able to be needy, and that you got your needs met. I'm sure your supporters were grateful for the opportunity to show you how much they loved and cared for you, like you have always shown them.

Ying and Yang - ya gotta love it. :D

Has anyone heard ANYTHING from Terry since she left for vacation? I'm not normally such a mother hen, but I am really concerned and I miss her. :mad::think

Anyway. I'm a resourceful person, so I went to the White Pages and found her daughter, Sarah's, phone number and called. I had to leave a message, but hopefully she'll let us know if everything is okay.

Just one more advantage to living in smalltown America. You can be found, if someone really cares. :D