Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yo Alex! Lets talk Mexico..

I just came back from running a 10K. Glad I have something to read now :P .

Show off!

I'm trying to do the c25k and they lied! I'm a real couch potato ( think a human version of a baby calf waiting for the veal factory) and I dying in the first week!!! :P

Have a question! Why do you guys talk in kilometers when you run but pounds when you weigh? And another...have you noticed that Laura has more posts than you Alex? Sorry, I am off topic again.

Show off!

I'm trying to do the c25k and they lied! I'm a real couch potato ( think a human version of a baby calf waiting for the veal factory) and I dying in the first week!!! :P

I only started running seriously about a year ago. When I first started I could barely run/jog/walk 1 mile. Slow and steady is the only way to do it. If I can do it, anyone can! Glad to change the topic.....

I'm thinking about beefing up the reviews section for each surgeon and possibly asking members only to leave surgeon reviews on their specific surgeons profile. Think that could be a possible solution to this mess ?

Have a question! Why do you guys talk in kilometers when you run but pounds when you weigh? And another...have you noticed that Laura has more posts than you Alex? Sorry' date=' I am off topic again.[/quote']

Because we are lazy Americans and a kilometer is shorter than a mile so it sounds like we ran more than we did!! :D

Oh and it's because I have a big mouth!

(How do you think I got so fat) if I ever get quiet you will know I'm back to eating!!!

I just came back from running a 10K. Glad I have something to read now :P .

Oh oh.. Does at mean you're catching up on ALL of this thread? :D

I only started running seriously about a year ago. When I first started I could barely run/jog/walk 1 mile. Slow and steady is the only way to do it. If I can do it' date=' anyone can! Glad to change the topic.....

I'm thinking about beefing up the reviews section for each surgeon and possibly asking members only to leave surgeon reviews on their specific surgeons profile. Think that could be a possible solution to this mess ?[/quote']

I can hike in the mountains five miles pretty easy but the whole jogging thing even at 60 seconds at at time is proving to be really hard...:( But I'm trying :)

And yes the review part sounds good!

I'm thinking about beefing up the reviews section for each surgeon and possibly asking members only to leave surgeon reviews on their specific surgeons profile. Think that could be a possible solution to this mess ?

Where is the review section? Couldn't you just put a 'Review your doctor' sub-heading under the 'tell your gastric sleeve story' Section.

Alex,

I think it's a good idea to suggest that people post reviews under their surgeon's profile, but not limit reviews to there.

Maybe pin something in the Mexico and Self Pay and the Gastric Sleeve (VSG) Surgeons and Hospitals forums explaining how to post a surgeon review in the correct location and assign someone to watch for obvious trolls trying to boost a surgeon on the list. Also, a pinned topic for each of the more popular surgeons and hospitals in the Gastric Sleeve (VSG) Surgeons and Hospitals would be good.

A lot of people really don't know how to use the site. I see stuff posted in the wrong groups all the time. Sometimes I suggest they repost in the correct section. I always say "You might get more responses if you post in X because this is where people who are interested in the same subject will be looking. This topic is for Y, so you might not get many responses here." It helps them understand they have posted in the wrong section without being a slam.

My two cents: I'm not bothered by the Mexico reviews no matter where they are. I'm not interested, so I don't read them. To me, it's a tempest in a tea pot. People flow through this community and all the pissed off people will be gone after a while anyway. And some people are not going to find the information they need no matter how obvious you make it.

Lynda

The problem with stickies and such is that a very large number of people use the app these days..

And yes you can access the stickies on the app but you have to go and find them?

The problem with stickies and such is that a very large number of people use the app these days..

And yes you can access the stickies on the app but you have to go and find them?

Ah. I see the stickies are on a separate tab in the app. And lots of people really aren't good with tabs (I was UI designer in a previous life :-) My suggestion is to change the app so that stickies appear at the top of the threads in the app the same way they do on the site. It's not that much to scroll past them. Of course, people will complain about that too.

Lynda

Ah. I see the stickies are on a separate tab in the app. And lots of people really aren't good with tabs (I was UI designer in a previous life :-) My suggestion is to change the app so that stickies appear at the top of the threads in the app the same way they do on the site. It's not that much to scroll past them. Of course, people will complain about that too.

Lynda

YES!

I use the android app and I have no idea what a stickie is!

I use the android app and I have no idea what a stickie is!

Haha! See.....

It's ok Nicole they really are not front and center, so one does have to go looking for them.

I can hike in the mountains five miles pretty easy but the whole jogging thing even at 60 seconds at at time is proving to be really hard... :( But I'm trying :)

And yes the review part sounds good!

If I had mountains around here I'd be climbing daily! I have to "drive" to decent places to run. If you'd have told me a few years back that I'd be running today, I'd have laughed so hard my band would pop.

Where is the review section? Couldn't you just put a 'Review your doctor' sub-heading under the 'tell your gastric sleeve story' Section.

It's within the Patient Profile area of the site.

We're going to make it much more user friendly and accessible as well as editable from within our mobile apps within the next few months.

Alex,

I think it's a good idea to suggest that people post reviews under their surgeon's profile, but not limit reviews to there.

Maybe pin something in the Mexico and Self Pay and the Gastric Sleeve (VSG) Surgeons and Hospitals forums explaining how to post a surgeon review in the correct location and assign someone to watch for obvious trolls trying to boost a surgeon on the list. Also, a pinned topic for each of the more popular surgeons and hospitals in the Gastric Sleeve (VSG) Surgeons and Hospitals would be good.

A lot of people really don't know how to use the site. I see stuff posted in the wrong groups all the time. Sometimes I suggest they repost in the correct section. I always say "You might get more responses if you post in X because this is where people who are interested in the same subject will be looking. This topic is for Y, so you might not get many responses here." It helps them understand they have posted in the wrong section without being a slam.

My two cents: I'm not bothered by the Mexico reviews no matter where they are. I'm not interested, so I don't read them. To me, it's a tempest in a tea pot. People flow through this community and all the pissed off people will be gone after a while anyway. And some people are not going to find the information they need no matter how obvious you make it.

Lynda

Site usability is a big deal and we're working on a major update (hoping for ~30-45 days) and an update to follow that one (4-5 months.) The first will address mostly cosmetic and some usability changes. The next will be mostly usability and other updates that'll bring the site closer to todays modern tech.

Part of the initial design are site tutorials which will teach people how to get the most out of the site as well as detailed WLS info.

This has already been addressed within our new beta version of the app. You can contact me to beta test if you own an Android device. The iOS version should be ready for beta testing shortly.

Let me know if there are any other app issues you'd like to see addressed.

Lynda

We agree :-)

That's why they've been moved in the new (beta) app and they're part of the regular forums. Now we need to make sure that we're not going sticky crazy in any forums. It'll get annoying having to scroll past them each time you view a forum if they get outa control.