Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention All Biker Ladies - and Gentlemens!

My first bike was a 1994 HD Dyna Lowrider.....

My current bike is a 2005 HD Softail Deluxe.....I love, love, love that bike!

We put 5,000 miles on our bikes last summer and loved every minute of it!

I would suggest visiting the dealerships in your area....sit on several bikes, see which one 'speaks' to you.

If you are a new rider and haven't taken a rider's course, PLEASE do yourself a favor and take one!

If you are a rider that hasn't been on a bike in awhile, maybe consider taking the course just to get your 'bike legs' back!

I work for Harley-Davidson, so of course, I am a bit biased....but I do love my HD!

I have a 2002 Heritage Soft tail, the 100th anniversary and I love it!!!!!!!!!

I'm confused here???

Harley Davidson Est. 1903

When the 2003's come out I was going to buy a new Anniversary edition until I found out they were making them in all model's so I passed. You sure you dont have an 03 HST??? :confused2:

I work for Harley-Davidson, so of course, I am a bit biased....but I do love my HD!

HarleyGirl, what do you do for Harley? It's my dream to work for them but in an office capacity as sales are commission only and I need a bit more stability than that.

HarleyGirl, what do you do for Harley? It's my dream to work for them but in an office capacity as sales are commission only and I need a bit more stability than that.

I work in motorclothes for our local dealership.

It's a great job, awesome environment, good people in and out all of the time, I really like it!

I work in motorclothes for our local dealership.

It's a great job, awesome environment, good people in and out all of the time, I really like it!

I bet it's a fun job! Maybe one day I'll get to work for the Motor Co!

Any members of the PGR here (Patriot Guard Riders)?

Going on my first mission this morning, have been a member for a couple years but always gone working on the road before. Gonna be cold out this mornin. It's 31 now with the Wind Chill at 26, to cold to be riding but for a good cause.

If you dont know what PGR is, do a search and read up. I'm sure you'll want to be a member too!

Here's the website;

Patriot Guard Riders -->Home

I have a suzuki boulvuard, rides great, doesnt have any problem pulling my big butt around (lol). Wife and I put about 4000 miles on it last year not bad when ya live in NW PA. seams to be an all around good bike cheeper than the yamaha.

I'm 51. Never rode a bike before 2006. I wanted to ride my own bike and not on the back with hubby. We started with 2 Vespa's. We took a motorcycle training course together before we bought the Vespa's. Rode the Vespa's for 9 mo. --then we bought two Yamaha 400 Majesty's. We have 2,500 miles on the Majesty's which is much more stable than the Vepas. Start low and graduate...take a training course....Harley's are great, but i want the ease of an automatic Yamaha Majesty, particularly for my age and ability.

GBG, sounds like you and your man have the brains to go with the desire. A friend thought he could handle a Harley Roadking, even though he hadn't been on a bike in forever. He hit some loose gravel his first day out, went off the road and is no longer with us. The best thing to have going for you is training and experience. How do you like the automatic transmission? Does it shift pretty smooth? What about down shifting? Any problems? I've been thinking of picking up a Silver Wing for my wife. I hadn't heard of the Majesty.

I just bought a VFR 800 2006 left over...bought it in Dec. 07 so havent rode it yet with my Band...was banded in Oct 07...so as you may see i am so itching to get it out and ride it!!!!! But I am a "jap" bike rider....always have been...learned on a GSXR 1000....ex-husband raced bikes....and new husband also rides.

Its really what you think is comfortable....try both of them...your feet postions are different and arms....like I said..just depends on what YOU like!!!!

Good Luck!!!

I actually want a 1973 Volkswagen Thing.. It is the car that Drew BArrymore drove in 50 First Dates.

Years ago (late 70's) I had a Vespa 50cc scooter. Loved it. Took time off to have kids, move etc andIt's been gone for years now. 2 years ago I needed a new vehicle, I started thinking about a bike. I thought it might be fun and put Dw on back. She wasn't sure about. I offered to get a bike with a trike conversion. She was ok with that until we looked at the prices.

At that time a Goldwing was about $24000 dressed out for the road. The Trike conversion was about another $10-13000. Possibly $35000 for the vehicle I wanted. Long story short, I have an 06 Scion XB that gets great MPG, less than $17 base price, and I'm inside and the DW will get in it with me.

(sigh) Maybe in a few years when I retire from my day job.

gk

:thumbup:

I started riding my own bike in Sept '07. At 5'2" I wanted a low seat height. I chose a Honda Shadow VLX 600. It was an awesome starter bike. Not too heavy, in control with my feet firmly planted on the ground and plenty of power to feel safe on the highway. I live in Colorado and soon realized it didn't have the power I wanted to keep up with the "big boys" in the Rockies and also, after a couple of long weekend trips, I decided I wanted more comfort for long hauls. I now have a 1500 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic. It's really comfortable and can definitely keep up with and even blow past some of those "big boys" I ride with.

My advice would be not to go smaller than a 600 to start with. If riding becomes an addiction for you the way it does for a lot of us, you will outgrow the smaller bike too quickly. The comment about the bigger bikes being too heavy to pick up if dropped should not be a concern. There is a video that teaches a technique that will allow a 5'1"-110 lb woman to pick up any bike, including a Goldwing. Definitely take the beginner rider class and then enjoy the ride! Good luck.:thumbup: