Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention All Biker Ladies - and Gentlemens!

Well, the only reason I gave it up was to make our honeymoon teh best I could, and at that time I wasn't making a whole lot of money..

I should have kept it. I should have kept it. I should have kept it.

Oh well, at least my new wife won't have to sit on the same seat as so many others once did. I can't even begin to count how many times I would be sitting at a stop light in down town Scottsdale and some random woman would hop on my bike and demand a ride... Mammories.. :clap2:

I mean memories!!!:biggrin1:

I should have kept it. I should have kept it. I should have kept it.

I mean memories!!!:biggrin1:

No you didn't but that is ok, :):D

And yes....you should have kept it! :D

Hi everybody and Big girl banded;

No- I'm not a newbie- but the last time I rode a bike was back in germany in the '80 and I was going back and forth between a BMW R 1000 and the Moto Guzzi California 1100.

Just never rode an american bike and since I was busy with raising a family for a while I didn't really pay much attention to bikes beside some longing glances.

Since my kids are big now and almost out of the house (Knock on wood nothing stops them..., lol) I think I'm ready to get back in the saddle.

As for the questions about the weight and not being able to pick up your bike if you flip it (hopefully it just fell over to the side-and not with you on it) there is a really easy way to get it back up.

And no- I have not crashed a bike yet and I'm not planning on getting started with that now.

Remember- Germany is the country that still has autobahn areas with no speed limit.- You learn to handle that in driving school which everybody has to take. - Just as you learn to drive really sssllllooooowwwww. :straight

Carola

As for the questions about the weight and not being able to pick up your bike if you flip it (hopefully it just fell over to the side-and not with you on it) there is a really easy way to get it back up.

Carola

Yeah. I know how to pick them up The weight of my 1100 weighs about 700 lbs. Its a 1978, made to stay on the road. That is pretty big.

I have been riding 16yrs. I just thought you may have been new in which case a smaller bike IS easier to start with. Esp if you are a smaller woman. I didnt mean to step on your toes...

Carola, I ride a '98 Harley Road Kind Classic. I've had the Honda 350's too. What sort of riding are you looking to do? What is your comfort level? Crotch Rockets are nice, but not if you're heading out on a 3000 mile ride. Price is another concern. I love my Harley, but they don't give them away.

Carola, I ride a '98 Harley Road Kind Classic. I've had the Honda 350's too. What sort of riding are you looking to do? What is your comfort level? Crotch Rockets are nice, but not if you're heading out on a 3000 mile ride. Price is another concern. I love my Harley, but they don't give them away.

I bought a 2006 Honda shadow 600 vlx cause it was half the price of a harley. It's a nice bike. It's a great bike to get re aquinted with riding again. I can't wait to be a little momma instead of big momma on the bike;)

kjojojr, the Hondas are great bikes. Loved mine when I had them. And affordable. Now we're AD (after dependents) and have a little more disposable income. It's nice to be able to get what we want. I started looking at bikes again after a long dry spell and was really looking at the Goldwings. My wife tells me one day, "Would you just go ahead and get you a Harley? It's what you really want." Well, who was I to argue...? LOL

Yeah. I know how to pick them up The weight of my 1100 weighs about 700 lbs. Its a 1978, made to stay on the road. That is pretty big.

I have been riding 16yrs. I just thought you may have been new in which case a smaller bike IS easier to start with. Esp if you are a smaller woman. I didnt mean to step on your toes...

Hi Big Girl Banded;

no worries about stepping on my toes - with size 12 (womens) they can handle a lot.... lol - and some more :laugh

My Kids Dad;

I was able to ride the VStar and liked it a lot- it's comfy even for longer distances. Crotch rockets - Oh my godness- these times a long ,long, long gone... I can barely remember them. (This is where my husband poks me in the side: we are not "that " old) lol.

Harleys are nice but they seem really on the high end here.

Hi kjojojr;

you like your Honda? Maybe I should just go and also try one out for a day or so- HMMMM Not a bad idea.

Love all your input.

Have any of you been to Sturges?

Would like to put that on my "TO DO" list in the future.

Carola

I currently have a 2006 gsxr 1000, and a 2003 harley 883 with the 1200 conversion. My DH has a 2000 gsxr 1300 (hayabusa) and ysr 50. We both love to ride and our 8yr old also has the bug. I would def. try out different bikes to see what you like. Our next bike is gonna be a Harley Ultra Classic. Want somethin for long rides.

YOu have a ysr 50? So do we! Man those things are fun. The DH is rebuilding it now.

If you have a GSXR why do you want a harley? Are you really taking such long rides? We have a Gsxr too but it is a 92? Last year for oil cooled. That is my DH's all around ride, he has a TL1000 also

we want a bigger bike for the longer rides. As DH says he wants everything but the kitchen sink. Motorcycles are our passion, so we will always have several. He is goin to start redoin the ysr50 this year. Our son thinks he's gonna get to ride it all over. He doesn't understand it is street legal.

That ysr is tricky... it looks so much like those pocket bikes but i tell ya what.. my DH flipped it once going very fast. Oh yeah... you said your son is 8 right!! Now wonder he wants it .... it is just his size! LOL

Kids... DH's included. We had 12 bikes at one point. I made him downsize a little. I know it is only temporary though :)

Not only do we have the 4 motorcycles we have 2 four wheelers. And in the spring we are acquiring a 68 SS Camaro all original. That will by my son's car. Him and dad are gonna fix it up together.

Guess Mom won't be gettin anything for awhile. LOL.