Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention All Biker Ladies - and Gentlemens!

Hi everybody; :help:

My question has nothing to do with my band but I thought I'll ask anyway.

I'm thinking about getting a Motorcycle for myself and would like to know what kind of bike(s) you ride and what you like about them - or maybe not so much?

I would be glad for any input I can get.

Thanks for your help.

Carola

I have a 1995 HD 1200 Sporster. My DH has a 1972 HD Sporster. We love em. I do not ride mine anymore, my hubby had an accident that scared me to death. I ride sometimes on the back now, but I do miss riding alone!

My husband has a 2002 Yamaha Roadstar, its a great bike. I don't drive it but I'm on the back seat every chance I get.

Carol

I am currently in between bikes but looking to buy a HD or custom trike. I am going to a trike because as I have gotten older I tend to tire quicker. The trike adds more stability and you dont get as tired on long trips. Trikes are an easy ride and very enjoyable. My SO has a custom built hard tail chopper. Talk about a rough ride! But he loves it because it's a one-of-a-kind.

:)

Here are mine

moto.jpg

d2_12.jpg

I have been riding since the age of 16. My husband builds them so he has about 4 right now, but he likes Suzuki.

I chose the fzr 600 bc they are easy to ride, about 2000.00 and easy to find parts. They are not too big or too small. They feel great on the highway. I will say that with my port i feel it sometimes rub inside me but just sit up alittle and can get comfortable again.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I'm contemplating on a Yamaha V-Star 1300- anybody know anything about this specific bike?

Thanks,

Carola

I have a Honda Shadow 600. It's been 20 years since i last rode and i wasn't sure what to get but I love it. I stopped riding because i had children. But now they are 18 and 21. It's a beautiful bike . I know it's not a harley but if i continue to ride I might go for it in a few years.

We have several bikes....

a 1981 yamaha Midnight Maxim 650

a 1981 Yamaha 1100 Special

(these 2 were DH's original bikes)

a 1985 Suzuki 250 -he uses this to teach the kids to ride

a 1995 HD Heritage Softail Springer

a 1998 Honda Shadow 1100

a 1999 Honda Goldwing 1500

and he is rebuilding/restoring an antique Triumph.

These days we may ride differently. We had all but quit riding anything but the Wing, because with my size, it was best, on my back, and for us to have room. Now we may do a little differently. I have rode on my own, I have also laid down the 650....so am a little unsure of it now...and mostly ride b*#ch!!!

It is the best form of stress releif ever. We will go for evening rides when the weather is good, and it is such an awesome feeling----it is like you can feel the stress blowing off! C'mon summer!!!

Kat

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I'm contemplating on a Yamaha V-Star 1300- anybody know anything about this specific bike?

Thanks,

Carola

Are you a new rider? If so why in the world would you want such a large bike with so much power. You are crusin for a brusin...

My first was a 400...

I do have an XS1100 Yamaha... 1978... but it is a stream train. And if it falls it weighs SO much that i could NEVER pick it up.

And i have crashed. More then once in the last 16yrs.

Rethink such a huge bike. Remember i am 6ft tall and 240... and i wouldnt want such a cumbersome ride.

If you do get it take a lot of riding courses so you can handle it.

I sold my '96 fat boy to go on a honeymoon in 2002 only to get a divorce 6 months later... Go ahead and make fun, I deserve it...

My new wife is pushing me to get another one. I just have to make my decision on what I want now.

Hey, I won't make fun of you dude. Anyone can have an error in judgement! My first ride was an old 350cc Honda! Talk about errors in judgement! LOL

I sold my '96 fat boy to go on a honeymoon in 2002 only to get a divorce 6 months later... Go ahead and make fun, I deserve it...

My new wife is pushing me to get another one. I just have to make my decision on what I want now.

You gave your bike up over a GIRL!!:)

Silly you!! I guess we all learn from our mistakes!:D :D :D