Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved May 15 and Regretting it

I cried every morning for the first few weeks. It gets so much better! Wait till the weight really begins to melt off. Once you can eat regular food and find yourself satisfied on very little your only regret is going to be you didn't do it sooner......promise!

I guess the irony is that our "love" for food put us in the situation where we need a surgical remedy as extreme as this. Then after we do the most amazingly positive thing to limit our relationship with food. We then lament the success this surgery has on our LIFE THREATENING desire for inappropriate amounts of food. And the we wonder why we need a psych eval. Life can be a trip.... It will get better....

I know how you feel and I empathize with u. I too felt the same way, and a a side bar anyone that says I didn't do my research can kiss my ass, Bc I did a ton load if it.

It is normal ring feel this way Bc it represent a change you are going through not only physically but also mentally. Remember why you had the surgery in the first place. There will come a time when you will not only loose but you will be able to eat things you like again just in smaller portions. It's up to you to Make healthy decisions but your first really big one was to get this surgery.

So chin up and weight down....

How you going to spend that 300 bucks? Wish someone would have made that bet with me. It's money in the bank. You should stop thinking about food, that's the whole point of the surgery.

D

Okay' date=' yes you will. Now onto your regret. I was 260 when I was sleeved on March 4. Wore 44" pants and XXL shirts. I am now in 32" True Religion jeans and a Lucky Brand size large shirt. My weight is teetering around 199. Now, I don't care how delicious the sandwiches at Panera are, NOTHING tastes as good as these jeans and this shirt.[/quote']

I like your comment is true nuthing taste better than feeling good with yourself.

I cried every morning for the first few weeks. It gets so much better! Wait till the weight really begins to melt off. Once you can eat regular food and find yourself satisfied on very little your only regret is going to be you didn't do it sooner......promise!

Ya I've cried a few times as well. You're right I think once I start seeing results or get a better support system I will feel much better.

I know how you feel and I empathize with u. I too felt the same way' date=' and a a side bar anyone that says I didn't do my research can kiss my ass, Bc I did a ton load if it.

It is normal ring feel this way Bc it represent a change you are going through not only physically but also mentally. Remember why you had the surgery in the first place. There will come a time when you will not only loose but you will be able to eat things you like again just in smaller portions. It's up to you to Make healthy decisions but your first really big one was to get this surgery.

So chin up and weight down....[/quote']

Lol I like that "chin-up and weight down" :)

How you going to spend that 300 bucks? Wish someone would have made that bet with me. It's money in the bank. You should stop thinking about food' date=' that's the whole point of the surgery.[/quote']

$300 hmm credit card debt lol

Young lady take a deep breath.. Sometimes the strength that you need comes from the people here. You must stay mentally STRONG and I love gambling so get that money. For those who don't believe ,that should MOTIVATE you even more. Remember time heals all wounds. Had my surgery May 6 and the first 2weeks are rough! But it's ok, life is not all was easy but live with the decisions that you made for YOU! As far as the foods that you see others eat believe your stomach can't hold it.. Take Care

We can be your family. Is your dad overweight ( does he understand what it does to the body and mind? I am very lucky with my support system. I regretted it for about the first week. After that - it is the best thing I have ever done. I was sleeved on Dec 13th - I have lost over 55 lbsand have less than 25 to go. sleep apnea - gone. Incontinence - gone. Migraines - virtually gone. Mood swings - pretty darn stable. Tendonitis in knees and ankles - gone. Running a 5k 3 days a week and had the best tkd tournament of my life. I look awesoome and people constantly comment. This includes people I hardly know. Hang in there - it is so worth it. Then - make your Dad pay you the money!!!

We are here for you!

Just hang in there. It gets better with time. I felt like a new woman when I was able to eat a piece of toast & a scrambled egg (3rd week on my dr/nut guidelines)...I am 11 weeks out now and I feel more normal...it gets easier to deal with. I have avoided social situations so far because I know I am not ready to handle certain people, places, and food challenges. Avoid the negative as best you can & embrace the positive.

Best of luck to you. Take care.

It isnt like you will never be able to eat again. You will have all the things you love, just in smaller portions. Maybe you should be attending an over-eaters group. Sounds like you weren't mentally prepared for this.

you will see all the great things that will come of this.. I have not regretted one time not being able to have something others are eating.. I dont put myself in that situation. as for panera.. yes I love that place..and yes I can eat a half of sammich.. but then im post op 5 mo.. do I eat it all the time? NO.. I try and stick to the things Im suppose to be eating..and also I find that those fatty fast foods no longer appeal to my stomach. it hurts..and so you learn.. dont eat that.. trial and error.. I find that heavy foods hurt my tummy...so I dont go there.. I stick to the stuff that doesnt.. breads are mostly out.. except for toast.. that is ok for my tummy... sure it takes me a long time to eat stuff.. but who cares... I watch people all around me eat those unhealthy things.. I stick to my foods..and I search for recipes of good things.. so I can switch up.. thats as much fun as going out to eat.. finding new stuff... I love it.. and my food bill is down more than half.. and I get to buy new clothes.. thats the fun part.. looking at my clothes now.. I cant believe it.. so you are on your way to a wonderful new journey.. a new life.. hang in there.. dont let people bring you down.. stay positive.. im down 94lbs in 5mo.. not one day goes by that im not thankful Ive done this.. I have a great support system at home too.. so hang in there.. hang with us.. we will be your support.. anytime you need it we are here for you. best of luck :)

I had my operation the day after yours and admire that you are up out and about with so much ease. I am still treating my poor abused fat gently but yes there where two days where I was really sad and down in the dumps. It's the chemical and hormonal rest in your brain. Try chewing on some ice chips (yes, I know it's bad for your teeth but this is a coping strategy not an assault on your dental work)

I am so sick of sweet drinks and not chewing any