Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YIKES, this just became REAL!

Hi guys,

I just paid my deposit! :o

I'm the 1st surgery of the day on June 7th, bright & early.......I have the shakes & I'm sweating and I don't know if I'm going to laugh or cry!? I start my pre op diet on the 23rd....

Any advice for the next 17 days is greatly appreciated........SMH, I can't believe I'm actually doing this!

-Molly

I could have written this a little over a month ago. You'll come down out of the clouds, settle into the reality, and finally get with the program. My advice would be to stay connected with a support group (if only this one), ask questions and remind yourself of all your "reasons for". Congratulations!

Yay Molly!!

Advice? Umm.. Don't cheat? :P:o:P

Hehehe.. Your going to do great just remember to be good to yourself. The pre op is tough the first few days but it does get better :)

Hi guys,

I just paid my deposit! :o

I'm the 1st surgery of the day on June 7th, bright & early.......I have the shakes & I'm sweating and I don't know if I'm going to laugh or cry!? I start my pre op diet on the 23rd....

Any advice for the next 17 days is greatly appreciated........SMH, I can't believe I'm actually doing this!

-Molly

CONGRATS!! Feels good, huh? My advice would be to prepare your mind like you're entering the ring for the fight of your life. Prepare to win. Plan your meals, Water, etc carefully/strategically. DO NOT let the scale control your mind. Look at it & rejoice if there is a loss, but if there is no loss or if there is a gain, be patient with your body. As long as you are doing everything within your power to make it happen, just sit back, relax, & let your body catch up. Also, be creative once you get off the restricted diet. People ask "Can I have this, that, etc", well, I, for example, took a small tortilla (low carb one) & made a pizza with it (only few pepperoni). You can enjoy flavor & texture, & be satisfied while losing weight. I could go on & on...hope this helps. God bless!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all my sleeve friends for your wise words! :)

Seriously nervous! I think I'm more nervous about the 2wk post op liquids!? Did any of you add unflavored Protein to your liquids?

Can anyone recommend a great unflavored Protein powder?

THX!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all my sleeve friends for your wise words! :)

Seriously nervous! I think I'm more nervous about the 2wk post op liquids!? Did any of you add unflavored Protein to your liquids?

Can anyone recommend a great unflavored Protein Powder?

THX!

I purchased powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored and didn't like it, but many people do. You can buy a sample for $1.99 online before making a more expensive commitment. I thought unflavored meant tasteless. It doesn't.

I'm here! Did my pre-op today & have been a busy bee. A little nervous & kinda confused? Dr. is worried that my reflux might get worse...He suggested the gastric bypass again! :o

What? What? What???? Omg the night before surgery?? What? What are you going to do?

The surgeon suggested it? The umbach guy?

Yes...but, I hear quite a few people get reflux from the sleeve. Are you on Prilosec or anything?

I'm going to have the sleeve.

Yes...but' date=' I hear quite a few people get reflux from the sleeve. Are you on Prilosec or anything?

I'm going to have the sleeve.[/quote']

Good :) yes it's pretty common I have been ok with it.. I only take something once in a while!

What time do you go tomorrow?

I know you met with Dr Umbach awhile ago ... I would be surprised to hear that he suggested that if there wasn't a good reason Sorry, you couldn't get me to re-arrange my intestines for anything.

Umbach repaired my hiatal hernia and I haven't had reflux issues since, but we are all different.

Good luck tomorrow.

I have to be at the hospital at 6am...I'm 1st up for 8am! :wacko:

I know you met with Dr Umbach awhile ago ... I would be surprised to hear that he suggested that if there wasn't a good reason Sorry, you couldn't get me to re-arrange my intestines for anything.

Umbach repaired my hiatal hernia and I haven't had reflux issues since, but we are all different.

Good luck tomorrow.

He said the same to me..that if I have a hernia, he will fix it & may possibly help with the reflux. He said that he has to tell me that the sleeve itself will not help with the reflux.

I totally agree...no re-routing for me!

Thanks, PdxMan!