Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Phil tomorrow with Sharon Osborne

she had it removed in october...... i remember seeing a news clip about it while i was waiting in a doctor's office

i wonder what they will say about it

I read in People that she was having it removed in December. ~Mandy

Dr. Phil welcomes Sharon Osbourne onstage, where she immediately kicks off her shoes and gets comfortable.

“You’re just as busy as ever," Dr. Phil observes. "You’ve got your show in the UK, and you’ve got the X Factor [with Simon Cowell]."

"We’re in our third season now," Sharon says proudly. "I can’t believe it. I’ve actually lasted that long without getting fired!"

03f790eaa19a07407dd1aa36bcfaad1d.jpg"So, how is Ozzy?" Dr. Phil asks.

"He’s wonderful. He’s busy making a new record and getting ready to tour next April," Sharon shares. "Three years this Christmas, [he's] clean and sober."

Dr. Phil comments on the tumultuous journey that Sharon chronicles in her new book Extreme. "You’ve climbed a lot of hills. You’ve done a lot of things that most people wouldn’t stand up to," he says.

"I’ve been in a lot of holes too," Sharon admits. "Big, deep holes trying to get out."

When Dr. Phil asks Sharon about her numerous cosmetic surgery procedures, she rolls her eyes in mock exasperation, then concedes. “I’ve had my boobies done twice. I’ve had a face-lift, neck done. I haven’t had anything done to my eyes or lips," she confesses. "Arms cut and lipo'd. Legs lifted and lipo'd, Tummy Tuck. Bum lifted and a little implant put in."

“Doesn’t that hurt?” Dr. Phil asks.

"It hurts, but then again, there’s no gain without pain," Sharon says. "Nothing comes without a price."

"So, you’re, like, 50 percent new,” Dr. Phil teases. “So, is there anything you did that you wouldn’t do, if you had it to do all over again?"

"The boobs. It’s such a pain," she says. "And you never get it right. One’s always different."

Dr. Phil reveals that Sharon is considering removing the gastric band that she had installed in 1999 to lose weight. "Why are you afraid to take this band off? You have anxiety about that," he says.

"I do, because I know myself. I know that the first thing I’ll do is eat, eat and eat," Sharon replies.

"You’ve been wrestling with this since you were 14. You say you float from size 8 to 22. You said, ‘I go to bed every night thinking about what I’m going to eat tomorrow,'" Dr. Phil points out.

"Oh, sure. I go to bed and I have these menus floating in my mind,” Sharon admits. “I’m pathetic.”

"What you’ve said is that you think about food all the time, and that when this [band] comes off, you’ll now be able to eat all of those foods without all of the side effects. You’ll gain the weight, but without all the acid reflux, and that sort of thing," Dr. Phil notes. "You’re going to manage it now with, I think you said, therapy. Lots of therapy. But you don’t need lots of therapy. I can tell you how to do this, where it doesn’t have to be an issue in your life ever again.”

"How can I ever go past those drive-thrus without looking and smelling and thinking, 'Oh, here I am. I’ll have a large fries and a shake’?” Sharon wonders.

"You Celebrate with food. You comfort yourself with food. You entertain yourself with food. You companion yourself with food,” Dr. Phil points out. “Food is tied to every emotion.”

Sharon agrees. "I’ll even pick the spot where we go on holiday because of the food," she says. Thumbing through his copy of Extreme, Dr. Phil says, "There was a point in this book that really stuck out to me. You said that you were actually attending a family session for rehab, and you said, 'They just told us like it was. Their father was a drunk and their mother wasn’t there for them. It was unbearable. I didn’t cry. They would only have been tears for me.’ But that was one of the most painful moments in your life to hear that. Why?"

2f373eb491a8c6208e18d34c305a6229.jpg"I suppose I had a big thing in life that I wasn’t connected with my mom. I felt my mom didn’t love me. She wasn’t mean to me. She didn’t hit me. She didn’t do anything to me. That was the thing," Sharon reveals. "I just would hear other people in these group sessions talk about their moms and dads and I couldn’t breathe. I had to run out of the place.”

a890c71d69f704aa5eadc240335c76b2.jpg"But the truth is, you’ve lived your life for your children. I know two of your three children,” Dr. Phil says. “They are connected to you in an amazingly close way. So, that had to be surprising to hear [the counselors] say that, and then you think, ‘Are they feeling what I felt with my mother?'”

"I always tried to not make the mistakes that I felt my mom made with me,” Sharon says through tears.

"It seems like you’ve always kind of thrived on crisis. There’s always been crisis in your life, whether it was the kids or it was Ozzy," Dr. Phil observes.

Sharon says, “I was born into crisis. The family where I came from, there was always drama, always a crisis, always a whirlwind going on. You’d get carried up in it."

a74ca0a0b94a15641026fea62e399af8.jpgDr. Phil mentions some life-threatening incidents that Sharon has endured. "You’ve had the battle with cancer, and you never blinked. You just kept moving right on through it. Then Ozzy’s accident on the ATV. He’s in a coma and you don’t know if he’s going to wake up," he says. "Then the kids and the drama that they have brought into your life. Is the silence going to be deafening now with the kids gone? It’s just kind of you and Ozzy at this point, and that makes me worry that you will start using food in a way that will blow you back up. And I’m not just worried about how you look in the mirror. What I’m worried about at this point is your health. If you gain all that weight with your history of cancer, you don’t want all of that weight on you."

"My body was failing me before I had the band on. I couldn’t move. In the morning to get out of bed, to put my feet down on the ground, it would be two, three minutes before my feet would stop hurting," Sharon says. "That’s no way to live." In Extreme, Sharon details her often volatile and violent relationship with Ozzy. "What did you hit him in the back of the head with the day that he broke your two front teeth out?" Dr. Phil asks.

"A bottle of gin or vodka. I know it was some white stuff in there,” Sharon recalls. "It struck the back of his head.”

"That could have killed him," Dr. Phil points out.

ea7bdd8c047a2c6b605ce4f13b6a21e6.jpg"I know,” Sharon says. "That’s why when people go, ‘Oh, you were abused,' oh please! I gave as good as I got. I know how to stick up for myself.”

"You told me two years ago, and you have it in the book too, that you guys have moved 27 times in 25 years."

"Oh, don’t be shocked,” Sharon tells the audience.

"You say you’re getting ready to move again."

Laughing, Sharon says, "Do I have a problem?"

"No, people do that in everyday life; they just call it camping,” Dr. Phil jokes.You said something that I thought was really interesting about empty nesting. You said, ‘The kids were such a big part of my life and now they’re gone and they say they need me, but that’s just bulls**t,'" Dr. Phil says.

"I need them,” Sharon says. “I think I need them more than they need me."

"That’s not necessarily a bad thing," Dr. Phil says.

"I think it’s sad,” she says. “It sounds very sad to be at 54 and say, 'You know, I call my kids 10 times a day each: ‘Where are you going? Who have you been with? What’s going on?’ I think it’s sad. I should learn to back off.”

"You didn’t tell me you were calling them 10 times a day," Dr. Phil teases.

Dr. Phil warns Sharon that when the gastric band comes off, she needs to put something in its place instead of food. “You’re going to wind up with the same results if you don’t change your entire lifestyle about this,” he warns. “You’ve got to make a decision that this is something you want to do for yourself, not for somebody else, and it’s got to be a lifestyle. You’ve got to change your thinking. You’ve got to change your feelings. You’ve got to change your environment. You’ve got to change your impulses.”

When Dr. Phil tells Sharon that she needs to exercise as well, she says, “Oh, shopping! Running to the store.”

“If there is a way that I can set up for you to go through this, where you don’t have to diet, and you don’t have to be hungry, and you don’t have to suffer, and you don’t have to eat carrots and broccoli all the time, would you do it?"

"Yeah," she replies.

He and Sharon shake hands.

today is dec 14 and my time is central standard time.

Its about 845am here right now?

anyone know what time dr phil comes on Central standard time?

I confess I have never watched his show.

Just saw on TV that tomorrow Dr. Phil will have Sharon Osborne on talking about the removal of her Lap Band. This should be interesting. I wonder if we will find out the real reason.

What time is Dr. Phil on Eastern Standard time? Thanks a bunch!

By the way my appointment was cancelled today. I was to have a fill and the surgeon had an emergency. :grouphug: :D

today is dec 14 and my time is central standard time.

Its about 845am here right now?

anyone know what time dr phil comes on Central standard time?

I confess I have never watched his show.

sorry, just read your post. It comes on at 3:00 CT in my area, but every state and television network is different.

Josette - thanks for posting the conversation of Sharon & Dr. Phil. Very interesting, but she really didn't say "why" she wanted the band off, just wants it off i guess. Weird....

I watched Sharen Osborn and Dr. Phil...I was disappointed. She did not say why she wanted to have her band taken out. Although Dr. Phil did say, "it was NOT about the book" and it was about her book.

I didn't mind the interview too much but was somewhat disappointed as well. I was hoping to hear more discussion on her experience with the band and why she was having it removed. Also, she evaded some of his questions with silly answers that I would have really loved to hear answered honestly.

Oh well, she'll be doing the circuit to sell her book so may the answer on the lapband removal will be answered elsewhere.

Carol

Dr Phil did say Sharon had it with all the reflux, etc. I wonder if she had a slip or something. Why remove a healthy band?????????

I love Sharon, but am starting to wonder if she is saying she is having it removed for the publicity? If she evades the questions, how many people will buy the book looking for answers? I know that Star Jones sold tons of books by claiming it was a tell all about her weight loss. And it wasn't, maybe Sharon will keep her band after all? ~Mandy

I heard her say something about having problems with Acid reflux as well. Overall I got the impression she felt that the band was masking her eating issues not curing them- and she wanted to get behind the reason and try to maintain her wieght "on her own". STill, she certainly could have been more specific about the WHY question....I guess with her money though mb its not a big issue to take it out since if she decides to put it back in its just pennies to her.

*shrug*