Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Phil tomorrow with Sharon Osborne

I may have read between the lines but I took it that she wanted to eat the foods she loved without having the band hold her back.

Thanks for posting that - I had it on this morning and my mom called and I missed most of it.

I too was disappointed. I do like Sharon but she's very immature in my opinion. She could have used this as a tool to help others, to help herself understand WHY She wants the band removed . She said she's going to get as big as a house once the band is off she's going to eat eat eat .She wants the band off to eat , in my opinon it was plane and simple . Dr Phil said because she hasnt dealt with her issues as to WHY She eats that having the band off is going to do change nothing but have the band off, its true, and ya know what ? She's not going to change . She's too immature to . Dr Phil says she thrives on drama , so she'll blow up again to have the drama around her so her kids need her again . She had no intention on coming on that show to "Deal" with or learn anything, it was to promote her book and that was it .

Just my take on it.

Mindy

I may have read between the lines but I took it that she wanted to eat the foods she loved without having the band hold her back.

Thanks for posting that - I had it on this morning and my mom called and I missed most of it.

That was the same impression I got when I saw her on one of the late night shows a few weeks ago. She made the comment about how she was able to 'outsmart' the band. We all can do that if we want to with soft calories, but why do that?

I didn't see today's show, but after reading the transcript and seeing that she had moved 27 times in 25 years, maybe she is just someone who is never happy with what she has. I think I said in a previous post that I think she might be 'addicted to change' and this transcript certainly added to that feeling.

I read in a magazine she wanted it removed where she could eat a lot again a lot of foods Pasta etc she can't eat and she said seven yrs is too long to have a craving

please note this was a magazine not sure how creditable it is but there u go

My honey had said he had heard that she wanted it removed because she hadn't stop being Bulimic and that her urge to purge was dangerous with the band in place. She did an interview on one of the morning shows months ago and that is what he remembered.

I love that woman but I do think it is a bunch of publicity stunts some of these talk show appearances. It is really hard to take when someone puts themselves out there but is totally evasive when the questions start coming at them.

IMHO. I don't mean to be critical but honesty is so important when she is the highest profile person who has had this done AND is willing to discuss it.

Eating disorder makes sense. If that is not it and it is beign able to eat what she wants couldn't she eat whatever she wants with the band and no fill. i sure can...very weird!

Saw the show on Dr. Phil and I think her battle with colon cancer is the reason for band removal. Maybe something to do with nutrition. Never really discussed her reason only her fear of gaining the weight back. I so identified with her explanation of hunger. You know, going to bed thinking about what you would eat the next day. She said she already had her 1st meal planned for when the band comes off. I'm one week post op for the second time due to slippage. Seeing her this week validated so many feelings that I have about mealtime. Dr. Phil asked her to promise to do just what he asked for 30 days, and he would guarantee the weight would stay off. Who are they kidding? If she could do that, she wouldn't have the band in the first place. Some of us truly like to eat, enjoy the next bite, live to eat! Anyway, I've done the year without the band, thinking I won't gain back the weight. All the cute clothes I had bought are now awaiting the new me,...Once Again !!

Hmmmm, I don't understand why she just doesn't have the band unfilled, try it her way (or Dr. Phil's way), and see if she can do it. I just wonder what's going to happen when she regains the weight, which appears to be inevitable based on her current mindset. Oh, silly me, that's the makings of the next book!

This woman has issues. She seems to have a need to fix things that arent broken and ignore things that need her attention. My question is, why put her on stage and share her problems with the world if she hasnt answers to share?

The next book, right. That's the hollywood way. I can't identify with that, but I do, unfortunately, relate to her obsession with food. When she removes that band, I think her problems with food will double. The emotional and physical changes are overwhelming. I can't imagine doing without the band. Mine slipped last summer and I feel whole again after having it replaced. Now food can be savored, bite by bite, again. I don't think everyone who has passion for food is masking an underlying problem. We have to eat to live. An appreciation for the flavor, artistic presentation and atmosphere at mealtime could be considered an art. I know I love to cook, create, taste...Does that make me unstable? Or, in a way, an artist of a sort?

Sharon said on Howard Stern a few weeks ago .... and she really really tried to avoid the question .... that she had acid reflux and that since the band needed to be replaced every 10 years anyway (I've not heard that - is it true?) she was just going to have it taken out and try on her own. She didn't state acid reflux as *THE* reason but more as *A* reason she wants it out.

I was kind of wondering if she is having a problem with it but doesn't want to publicize the problem in fear of scaring others away from the band. If that was the case though, why would she even go public with removing the band?

I have her book but have not had time to read it yet. I am having surgery next wed, I am sure I will read it in the waiting room and then while I am recovering. I will let you know what she says about it. ~Mandy

Sharon is a huge binge eater....even back on the Osbournes there were a couple of episodes where Sharon was running to the bathroom to PB or purge. Ozzy said once that he wished she would just take the f***ing thing out. She has also said, years ago, that her whole family has addictive personalities and that her vice was definately food. Isn't frequent PBing linked with slippage? I feel for her, I really do. I too am a binge eater and that is why I am looking into having a band placed. I have to have something to hold me accountable for my actions so that I will learn....Evindently Sharon hasn't learned...I'll just hope that if I am banded I will be a fast learner!!!!!!

Sharon said on Howard Stern a few weeks ago .... and she really really tried to avoid the question .... that she had acid reflux and that since the band needed to be replaced every 10 years anyway (I've not heard that - is it true?) she was just going to have it taken out and try on her own. She didn't state acid reflux as *THE* reason but more as *A* reason she wants it out.

I was kind of wondering if she is having a problem with it but doesn't want to publicize the problem in fear of scaring others away from the band. If that was the case though, why would she even go public with removing the band?

She had the band 10 years.

Rock matriarch Sharon Osbourne is to undergo an operation to remove the restrictive gastric band in her stomach which helped her lose weight.

The band, which was fitted in 1996, has reached the end of its ten-year lifespan and will be removed before the wife of Black Sabbath rocker Ozzy celebrates Christmas with her family.

Gastric surgery helped The X Factor judge slim down after a lifelong battle with her weight - although the 53-year-old admits she will still need the support of therapy to avoid falling back into her bulimic ways.

She says, "I'm going to have to do it and I'm going to have to go and see a therapist."

I could swear this is repeat, that it was on maybe a month ago....I turned it off because it seem way too negative. I forgot she also had cancer, which that alone sends your body/mind and everything else into a tailspin, but she's also married to the Prince of Darkness! Between Ozzie, Jack, Kelly, and the critters I think she has more problems than just the lap band itself.