Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve In Guadalajara Mexico

Hi, Well Ive been doing alot of research over the passed year about gastric Sleeve. Im so ready but the problem now is finding the right doctor for me.

I started off with a consultation at the Nicholson Clinic In dallas texas. But, Im a self pay patient. So now Im considering my Options In Mexico. So far the Lowest price was with Dr. Alvarez In Tijuana Baja California. I could not simply convince my dad for the life of me, he says its dangerous and that he doesnt want to play with my life. However He considered anywhere In guadalajara Mexico. So I did my research and I found a Dr. Named Castaneda. He has alot of great Reviews. has anyone ever used him? whats the pricing like. Btw the reason I didnt have the surgery in the states is because I simply canot afford 12,000 Dollars ;( Im at a crossroads and I want to change my life now.. Im sick of looking at myself in the mirror. At just 5'1 326 Pounds im only 22 and have been obese my whole life.. Id appreciate in help.. Im also new here.

I had my surgery in Tijuana with Dr. Garcia. $5200 for those with a bmi over 50. It was a very good experience. The doctor and his team were very professional and I never felt unsafe. I understand your dad's concerns, but there are some great doctors in Tijuana. Good luck

Your Dad really has no idea what it is like in Tijuana. I had my surgery with Dr Fernando Garcia in Tijuana and it was extremely safe and clean: just like a city in the U.S. What is the difference with Guadalhara? His price also is very reasonable and he is an amazingly skilled surgeon. Have a look at posts about him, you won't be disappointed.

I am 10 days post-op with Dr. Garcia also. I felt safe the whole time. Maybe ask him to do some poking around on the internet. I think his thoughts are more fear driven than fact. My whole family said I was crazy. Then I told them where to look, and in less than a week they all called me back telling me to do it. Good Luck!

Dr. Alejandro Lopez works out if Guadalajara. He works with another surgeon and does the surgery as a team. Two doc's for the price of one. His price is 4650 to 5000. Research I don't believe I have heard to any bad reviews on him. He is the surgeon I was originally gonna use. However am now in the process with insurance. My husbands insurance now pays for it 100% I we use a center of excellence. BUT....I would go to Mexico without any problem if it falls through with insurance.....also just a Lil more info Dr Lopez also works out of Puerto Vallarta, and Tijuana.< /p>

I just had surgery on 5/4/13 I had a great experience with de F. Garcia I paid $4700 it included transportation, 2 nights in the hospital and 3 nights in the hotel !

My life is changing next on May 17 in PVR with Dr. Castaneda. I can update you with my experience if it helps. I did research for about 2 years and decided he was the surgeon for me.

-Good luck with your research.

Hey everyone, well I did talk to my dad about it and he definitely still wants to me to do it in Guadalajara or puerto Vallarta and right now I am aiming for puerto Vallarta because it seems like such a beautiful city. Any recommendations ?

Puerto Vallarta definitely with Dr Lopez.....they use a new facility. You stay at a resort like hotel. I know two ladies that had it done by him there in January and they had nothing but good things to say. And it's more of a vacation spot. Some really beautiful beaches and very nice ppl. Janese with A lighter me was my coordinator and she was great. And the ladies I know also used her and I don't believe they had any issues either. Here is her contact info. Hope all goes well for you and keep us updated.....

Janese Pitcher

Patient Coordinator

@alighterme.com

714 516-8193 My Direct Line

714 334-0991 (text me for quickest response)

877 765-THIN (8446) Office

619 502-9325 Direct office line

916 914-2108 Fax

Has your dad payed attention to the news? There is lots of violence in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta, both. It's all over Mexico, although some areas are safer than others. Do a quick search on 'net and you will find lots of information supporting that. Actually, just this month, the U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara issued an alert to U.S. citizens about a rise in violence and armed robberies in the area.

Yes, Tijuana has it's share of violence, as well, but so many American's (and non-Mexican citizens) travel to that city yearly for its medical services. With its close proximity to the California border, it's easy to get back across to the States if safety becomes an issue. The same can't be said for Guadalajara or PV.

I've heard the Yucatan Peninsula is the safest area in Mexico. Being that your dad is so concerned about your safety, maybe you should look into having surgery in Merida Yucatan Mexico.

Good luck!

Each person will give you a different opinion...I myself preferred to do the surgery in a tourist destination. And honestly,,,anywhere you have your surgery in Mexico they take really good care of you....and unless you want to you never have to go anywhere unaccompanied by a support person from Dr. Lopez's service or any surgeon. So the best advice would be to research the Doctor and make your choice based on that not necessarily the location. And tell your dad it wont matter where you go if you pic the wrong surgeon.....PV, Guadalajara, Tijuana, Cancun, or USA. And also do a Lil more research in the states if he is really that scared of you going to MEXICO. There is a doc in Decatur TX that some one on here that said they paid between 7000 and 8000 for there sleeve. And in Louisiana there is a doc that does it for 9000. So just research and pic your doctor and hopefully your dad will agree and be comfortable. Because ultimately the DOC is the most important choice not the location.

Thank you sunmoon! Your information has definitely helped me a whole lot. I'll be forwarding this information with my dad. I will keep you all updated . I appreciate you alls support.

I'm going with Dr. Garcia in Tijuana in July! I've heard nothing but awesome thing about his work and service of the whole surgical team and care at the hospital land hotel...i'm having mind done at florence health hospital (oasis of hope)...And its only 30 min. from San Diego airport!

My mom had the lap band with Dr. Ortiz. I just had the sleeve 1 week ago! (My insurance covered it here in Cali) thank goodness! But I have to say Dr. Ortiz office was way nicer than the hospital I had my surgery in. And he is much more patient friendly, and the staff is amazing.... I live in Brea CA so we drove down parked our car on the Cali side and DR. Ortiz office picked us up in Cali. Very safe such a good experience. I wasn't sure if my insurance was going to cover my procedure! So I called him and his price is $5,500 for the sleeve. That covers ride over border, hotel room for 2-3 nights, food (broth), and the ride back into Cali!!!!! Way worth it. Hope this helped....