Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8weeks post op and stuck

I'm now 8 weeks post op and after a brilliant start my weight has stayed the same for a week. I've list 55lb now but it's just stopped coming off. I'm so upset and wondered has anyone else had this problem and how do I kick start it again. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am right there with you. I am 8 weeks post op and only down 35 pounds. I have went back to full liquids mixed with some Protein (meat) hoping that will kick in. I also have to kick up my cardio.

I was thinking of going back to liquids. May give it a go. Good luck to you x

I'm now 8 weeks post op and after a brilliant start my weight has stayed the same for a week. I've list 55lb now but it's just stopped coming off. I'm so upset and wondered has anyone else had this problem and how do I kick start it again. Thanks

I'm trying to remember when I've ever lost 55 lbs in 8 wks. and if I did (and I didn't) what a success I would consider myself. You're doing great. Don't freak out. Just follow the program. Congratulations, too!

Yes about 8 weeks is when I had my first stall, do worry your body is freaking out cause you have lost so much so fast just keep doing what your doing and it will start coming off again

I stalled after 2 weeks! My surgery was 4/16. I lost approximately 16 pounds but most of that was post diet. I have to force myself to eat; I have no appetite. I probably average 500 calories a day, but I am getting in my Protein. My doctor said that is just not enough calories. I'm going back to two Protein drinks between my 'mushie' meals. Is anyone else having a hard time getting in 1000 calories/day?

Very discouraged right now.

Its very rare I get 1000 cals in, right after my surgery I avg 500 now I avg 700-800cal

I'm 9 wks out and exp the same thing I thought it was just me ........I have lost 55 lbs and now worried I'm not going to loose more so thanks 4 your post it helped a lot:)

With everyone on this thread! 9 weeks out stalled and gained 2 pounds. Going back to liquids!

Hi All, stalls are very common. Its only been a week. I've had stalls that lasted 2 weeks. Just keep up what you are doing, it'll start up again. Best of luck

uh... I'm 8 weeks today and my weightloss has finally started picking up again.. My weight loss for the ENTIRE month of April??? THREE POUNDS. Stalls happen.. you won't lose weight every day.. or even every week.

I stalled after 2 weeks! My surgery was 4/16. I lost approximately 16 pounds but most of that was post diet. I have to force myself to eat; I have no appetite. I probably average 500 calories a day' date=' but I am getting in my Protein. My doctor said that is just not enough calories. I'm going back to two Protein drinks between my 'mushie' meals. Is anyone else having a hard time getting in 1000 calories/day?

Very discouraged right now.[/quote']

I don't eat more than about 600 a day. I too am never hungry which is brilliant but I have to remember to eat !

I have same , after 2 week i stopping lose weight for 18 days , now I starting lose 300gramms or 400 gram in day ! My surgery was 5 weeks ago totally i lose 30 pounds .

So glad to see other people experience the stall. My surgery was 3/14 and I've lost 40lbs. But the last two weeks the scale hasn't moved--up or down. I do feel like I'm losing inches so I'm trying not FREAK out. I am never hungry and don't regret a thing. I'm just ready for this journey to move forward a couple of steps. :)