Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I started with a BMI of 35 and I've lost 65lb in a year, I have about 16 to go but its not moving.

I eat whatever I want in moderation, and yes, a stricter "diet" would probably do the trick for me now, but I cant be arsed to do it. I hate diets. I eat well, I like healthy food but I hate obsessing over calories and measuring and weighing and it will be a cold day in hell before I touch a Protein shake.

I exercise a LOT - I run regularly and do weights and am pretty active incidentally too, I'm 5ft 10 and looking pretty OK at the weight I am so I'm not going to stress about it, I'd say I'll slowly lose the rest over a much longer period of time.

I was banded September 25, 2006 at a BMI of 37, I am 5'1" and prior to surgury I weighted 206. I am only down to 191.5. I definately believe that the higher BMI "you are" the faster you can lose. I also feel the more active you are the more it helps. Gee, I sit behind a desk 8 hours a day and I can make any excuse not to excercise!!!

I go back for a 2nd fill this Thursday, December 14th hopefully my doctor will fill me some more, I have been having some problems with getting meats down. Do I say anything or not? I am thinking about not saying that to the doctor. I want more restriction.

So this is my opinion on lower BMI.

LYNN

I am sad!:) It looks like my money may not fund in time for my surgery! :):D Meaning,I need to reschedule!!!!!! :faint:

I am very bummed out.. I need to call the clinic and see if they have anything in December, if not, I wait until January!!!! BOOOO HOOOO

There is a very slight chance, but it doesn't look good.

Audree

Julestwu:

Hi! I just wanted to know how you lost your weight? Do you eat low carb or do you eat whatever you want in moderation? Do you exerciese regularly? It seems like those who really "stick" to the rules do best and I wonder if for the lower BMI's, if that would help the weight come off quicker.

Audree,

I don't exercise (yet). I just try to eat right. I do Protein drinks almost daily. I don't drink any "empty" calories either. I drink a lot of Water and then some Minute Maid Light drinks. I work full time and go to school full time, so when the semester is over, I plan to start working out. Oh, I eat a lot of fat free, sugar free pudding too. I make it with skim milk, so I guess that boosts up my Protein intake as well.

I started with a BMI of 35 and I've lost 65lb in a year, I have about 16 to go but its not moving.

I eat whatever I want in moderation, and yes, a stricter "diet" would probably do the trick for me now, but I cant be arsed to do it. I hate diets. I eat well, I like healthy food but I hate obsessing over calories and measuring and weighing and it will be a cold day in hell before I touch a Protein shake.

I exercise a LOT - I run regularly and do weights and am pretty active incidentally too, I'm 5ft 10 and looking pretty OK at the weight I am so I'm not going to stress about it, I'd say I'll slowly lose the rest over a much longer period of time.

Jachut,

When were you banded? In pounds how much did you weigh? I am curious. Thanks.

I am at BMI of 33 now! I started at 42! Almost 10 points off my BMI! WOOO HOOO! I had surgery on August 1st. SO I am feeling VERY greatful that I am loosing so well.

I started with a BMI of 39 at surgery, I am now at 29 just over a year later. I am no longer Obese!!! It seems like I have lost rather slowly, but there are many things factored in to that. I lost pretty steady until I hit 180 (50 lbs lost) and it has been slow slow going since then. I am still very pleased to be where I am at weight wise compared to where I was last Christmas!

I was about 113kg at surgery - that's about 245 lb I think, december 9, 2005 was my banding date and I"m in the low 180's now, 83kg. So its taken a year, but I've been 83kg for about six weeks now!

I weigh what I did at 16 now (I'm 39) but I'd love to get down to 72kg, which is what I weighed when I got married. 160lb or so? I'm five foot ten though, so tall.

Sorry, I hit a wrong button!:faint:

Hello all,

I started at a BMI of 35.8, self pay as my insurance wouldn't even band my husband who was a BMI of 46 and had 2 co-morbalities but since they were controlled by medication they didn't do anything. He would have had to have a BMI of 50, and even then they only do gastic bypass (yuck).

Anyway, both hubby and I were banded in July of 06. I now have a BMI of 30.4 but have been stuck here for 7 weeks!

I swim for about 40 minutes each day. Swimming laps. Today I went for 45 minutes and hit a mile. So, I am really working out.

Here is what I ate today, Keep in mind that I need a fill and will have one on Saturday. Right now, I am using what little will power I have to keep from overeating:

Breakfast: South Beach Protien bar: Calories 140 Protein 10 grams

sugar-free carmel mocha (OKay I live in the PNW and it's what we do!)

Calories 250 Portein 10 grams

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Calories 280 Protein 18 grams

cheese stick calories 80 protein 7 grams

Snack: Cottege cheese double calories 130 protein 11 grams

Dinner: lasnagna Calories 500 (guess) protein 25

Total : Calories 1380 Protein:81

Wow, it has been a while since I added it all up. It looks pretty good on paper, but I haven't lost in a while, and I certainly struggle with not over eating.

Exercising has come comparitivly easy since I started getting up at 510 and swimming BEFORE I go to work. I can't seem to get myself to do much after work. I'm a teacher, so I am fairly active during the day. I walk a lot, but that is about it.

I hope that my fill on Saturday will set things off for me again. I want to go back to school in January saying that I am in the 150's.

Conversly, my DH has lost 70 lbs, but still seems to struggle with the same things. We are both at a plateu right now. the difference is since our last fill in October, he has lost 26 lbs and I have lost 8!

I started at a BMI of 35. Went to Mexico b/c I didn't want to have to gain 30 more pounds for my surgery to be approved by insurance...weight loss has been slow but steady I suppose...I need a fil land will get one on 5 jan. My doc is happy woth my weight loss, but I wish it would go a little faster...

I exercise an hour 3x a week; am trying to add weights to that cardio so that I can tone...

I eat b/t 900-1300 cals a day and write down everythign I put in my mouth; I take an antidepressant, which slows weight loss...

I am going to my first consult friday. I am 5'7 195lbs. I plan to self pay. Can this procedure help me , nothing else has worked.:help:

General consensus in Australia is that anything over BMI 30 can be considered for banding. Why wait till you get fatter! So, yes, it can help you.

Weight loss might be slower and less dramatic, but it still works the same way no matter how overweight you are. Good for you for doing something preventative before you hit morbid obesity.

:update:

My surgery had to be rescheduled to January 5th. I am still a little bummed. I was getting really excited too. The positive thing is that I wanted to re start going to the gym so it can be easier to walk after surgery and keep on going.

I just wanted to give everyone a tip that I learned when I was doing a medical weight loss program at Lindora. It is a plateau buster.

Breakfast: 1 egg and 1/2 a grapefruit

Lunch/Dinner: white fish, spinach and 1/2 a grapefruit

Also, a lemon boiled and drank all day

You are supposed to eat this until the plateau breaks and I remember it always worked within a few days (I did Lindora like 6 times, I just couldn't keep the weight off).

I have done so many diets. I think I will rotate them for fun. South Beach, The Daniel Fast, Juvo shakes, Lindora, etc.

Does anyone else have a plateau buster they'd like to share?

Audree:clap2:

Hi everyone! I was banded about 6 weeks ago and I started at a BMI between 39 and 40. Audree that plateau buster sounds interesting...I might have to try it sometime.