Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I think I took a nap almost every day for the first 2 months while my body adjusted to the small portions of food I was taking in.

2 more pounds down, what a good day it is today!!

For those of you just banded don't forget to measure yourself. thighs, calfs and arms as well waist, chest and hips. I lost 7 3/4" in December, what a great feeling that was to be able to measure. When you are having plateaus (while your body is "compacting) and not losing weight, it is nice to see that inches are still coming off!

I keep track of my calories and exercise on sparkpeople.com. It's nice because it has a lot of food that already have the calories/fat/protein added up for you so you don't have to input too much stuff yourself. It really helps keep me in check.

I am going to have to check out sparkpeople.com. I tried using fitday.com and it just doesn't have some normal food choices that I eat everyday, so it was hard for me to use.

I hate that feeling that I need to burp and I can't! I am wondering what is going on because in the evenings, I have that feeling all evening. I wonder if it has to do with the swelling going down or something. I am only a week and a half past surgery.

I really should start counting my calories.all of you seem to know your calorie intake. Maybe that's why I am not losing. I count my Protein grams, but not calories. I have no clue how many calories I am getting per day. I bought the Protein Drinks from the dr. and never even looked on the can to see the calories. I usually drink 2 cans of slim fast low carb per day too, and I know they are 190 calories.

I like it over here at the "lower BMI" EVeryone is so friendly and informative.:huggie:

Denise,

You sound like you are doing great. At about for weeks I think all my gas finally started to come out. I was banded 12/21/06 and still am getting ride of the gas. It takes awhile. I would not really worry about calories right now till you heal. You need all the liquid calories to heal your body. It will get better. It took me about 3 weeks. Again I hope you feel better. Keep in touch.

Madden

I can't have the Beans or lentils until day 22, but check with your doctor when you mushie stage starts. The split pea Soup was GOOD!!!!

Beans have a ton of Protein too!!! You can even have chili beans and mashed potatoes in mushie stages. I don't get a mushy stage though, I go straight to solids on day 22.

Audree

Baby Got Back,

Don't I wish I had a Trader Joe's here. I live in the middle of nowhere. I have to drive 100 miles to go to Trader Joe's .

I didn't think I could have any kind of beans. I would suppose as long as I blended them until they turned into liquid, I could have them. I am supposed to be on liquids for 4 weeks and it will only be 2 weeks this friday. I really need to search around for more liquid recipes. I am getting discouraged too because I feel like I really should be losing again. I am at a standstill.

I have my post op appointment on Monday. I will be curious to hear what my dr. has to say about all of this. I appreciate you answering me! (ALOT!)

You are really sweet. :huggie:

I used to get a really strange feeling in my chest. Like my body was trying to adjust to the band being there. For a while, I really didn't think my body was going to "take" to it. But, eventually, the feeling went away. I was also kind of weak for a while, but not the grumpy kind of weak that I get on a diet.

I was banded in the summer, so I didn't have to worry about working, I could sleep as late as I wanted. But, I did go on long walks by the river. I miss being able to do that. Reason 101 why I love summer.

Today, we're on a snow day. Which is great for me, since I was home sick yesterday, I actually have an extra sick day without having to use a sick day!

Guys,

Im not sure, but i think im too tight. The other day, i went for my 4th fill. Feeling like i could eat more than i should, and also wanting to get back on track with the new year. Well, im at 8.5 cc and i have the swedish band, and since then, everything is a struggle. Even oatmeal. Im wondering if maybe i should be feeling this restriction? or am I too tight? And for months ive heard people talk about the sweet spot, and im not sure what the heck that feels like...can someone shed some light?

Does anyone know if Dr. Ortiz does Breast Reduction surgery?mmmm

No he doesn't but he has a plastic surgeon that he recommends. Just call the office and they will give you the number! If you don't have the number, just go to his site Obesitycontrolcenter.com Audree

I was out all day! But these are my stats

Day 6 pre op and feeling great!

Breakfast: 1 cup gano mocha coffee and 1 cup soy milk=200 cal, 6 g Protein

Lunch: I went to the CheeseCake Factory and had the broth of a Soup called Mexican chicken Vegetable soup= 0 cal, 0 protein

Snack: nectar Protein Drink in Fuzzy Navel(got my sample pack from bariatriceating.com) 90 cal, 23 grms protein

Dinner: 7 oz of Creamy Split Pea Soup; 130 cal, 9 grams protein

1 Vitamin Water=150 cal; 20 ounces

Exercise=walked around for about 1 hour

I am super restricted at night, so I could only get a small cup of soup in. I may try to have a little yogurt before bed since 570 calories for today is not enough

Ive been struggling with my weight for the last 10 years - I'm only 31 and I'm having a hard time accepting my weight. I've always been active and when I got pregnant (1994) I was around 115 pounds. I thought I could eat anything and lose it later. So I gained 65 pounds with her. Needless to say I wasn't able to "bounce back". I made excuses for not working out and for my eating. Two years later, my husband and I decided to have another baby. Well we had twins (boy/girl). Once again, I was eating for 3, but this time it was healthy eating - I only gained 35 pounds with them. I'm currently weighing 195 pounds - I went from a size 5/6 to a size 18 in the past 10 years. I feel so guilty because I know I'm not as heavy as some and I've been told just workout and eat right - you can lose it - but in my world I can't just workout & eat right. I work 12-14 hour shifts, I have 3 kids and a husband. I try to bring my lunch - drink Water - walk, etc. but the weight is not going anywhere. food is my friend. I find myself stoping to feed me, then going home to cook for my family (and eating also) - I think I've stretched my stomach out so much that it is the size of a soccer ball. I'm unhappy with myself and I feel like if I don't do something I'm not going to be there for my kids. I just want the band to help me control my intake - I eat healthy a lot of the time but I over eat healthy (go figure). I don't want to be skinny like a runway model. I can't find any pictures or any stories about people that need help that are not 100 pounds or less. I need other opinions please let me know what you think. Thanks. Now I feel better.

I am sooooooooooo sleepy. Probably due to only being able to get in about 520 calories and about 1 1/2 walking today (Went to Ikea and Victoria Gardens).

Good night gals!! See you in the morning!!!:notagree :notagree :notagree :notagree :notagree :notagree