Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Niki, what did you hear about your ultrasound/Doppler study and your liver/GI? I hope it is good news. Sending prayers your way.

Hugs! Linda

Hi Linda:

Well I got bad news two ways today...good day in that I took a new profile pic, whaddya think? Im trying to stay positive so it's amazing how good you can look when you finally put on makeup, get your hair cut off (since it's falling out by the handsful) and dress up a little!

The first bit of bad news was that when I saw my bariatric surgeon today he did another swallow test (I think it was like my 1349337487th test :) ) and he finally looked far enough down to find a kink, or possible hernia, in my intestines. So now he wants to do exploratory laproscopic surgery 3 weeks from today.

The second bit was that my liver/GI doctor called and told me that my celiac artery is narrowed but to go have a vascular doctor do another ct scan that's special just for arteries and see how narrowed it is. If it's 85% or more, then I'll have to have the vascular surgeon put in a stent.

Here's the kicker...I have to have the new ct scan for arteries and the capsule camera test done right away to determine the narrowing of the artery because I can't have the abdominal surgery until I have the stent surgery, if needed. Whew! It just keeps coming...one right after another!

Hi Linda: Well I got bad news two ways today...good day in that I took a new profile pic, whaddya think? Im trying to stay positive so it's amazing how good you can look when you finally put on makeup, get your hair cut off (since it's falling out by the handsful) and dress up a little! The first bit of bad news was that when I saw my bariatric surgeon today he did another swallow test (I think it was like my 1349337487th test :) ) and he finally looked far enough down to find a kink, or possible hernia, in my intestines. So now he wants to do exploratory laproscopic surgery 3 weeks from today. The second bit was that my liver/GI doctor called and told me that my celiac artery is narrowed but to go have a vascular doctor do another ct scan that's special just for arteries and see how narrowed it is. If it's 85% or more, then I'll have to have the vascular surgeon put in a stent. Here's the kicker...I have to have the new ct scan for arteries and the capsule camera test done right away to determine the narrowing of the artery because I can't have the abdominal surgery until I have the stent surgery, if needed. Whew! It just keeps coming...one right after another!

Oh, I'm am so sorry to hear this!! Still praying and hoping you get some answers.

Hi Linda:

Well I got bad news two ways today...good day in that I took a new profile pic, whaddya think? Im trying to stay positive so it's amazing how good you can look when you finally put on makeup, get your hair cut off (since it's falling out by the handsful) and dress up a little!

The first bit of bad news was that when I saw my bariatric surgeon today he did another swallow test (I think it was like my 1349337487th test :) ) and he finally looked far enough down to find a kink, or possible hernia, in my intestines. So now he wants to do exploratory laproscopic surgery 3 weeks from today.

The second bit was that my liver/GI doctor called and told me that my celiac artery is narrowed but to go have a vascular doctor do another ct scan that's special just for arteries and see how narrowed it is. If it's 85% or more, then I'll have to have the vascular surgeon put in a stent.

Here's the kicker...I have to have the new ct scan for arteries and the capsule camera test done right away to determine the narrowing of the artery because I can't have the abdominal surgery until I have the stent surgery, if needed. Whew! It just keeps coming...one right after another!

OH girl! Wow...

I am praying so much for you. I know this has to be so hard!! One thing after another! I hate so much that you have to have another surgery but since they've found why you can't eat and are still losing they can get that fixed and then you won't feel so faint and be able to keep your weight maintained.

The artery, I've never heard of it but I'm going to think positive and say it isn't narrowed that much. I wonder what caused that? If it is, maybe they can put the stent in through a cath. I've had three of those and they aren't bad at all. But mine were heart and kidney caths.

You will get all of this taken care of and I believe with my whole heart you will get better. I don't know you but you seem to have the best attitude and you are handling this very well. I've heard that our attitude can heal us! :)

Again, I know this has to be so hard for you. God bless you!! Many prayers going up for you Niki.

Well first off - your profile pic is adorable!!!!! LOVE it!!! As for the bad news, you're right that it just keeps coming one after another. This bad news could turn into good though because at least they have identified some possibilities for your ongoing problems. It just SUCKS that it took the bariatric surgeon 1349337487 times to look a little farther down. Sheesh! It's not like he/she had to look at other body parts (like your legs) to find it!! How is it looking for the feeding tube? No news is good news?? Blessings to you!!! Linda

Well first off - your profile pic is adorable!!!!! LOVE it!!! As for the bad news, you're right that it just keeps coming one after another. This bad news could turn into good though because at least they have identified some possibilities for your ongoing problems. It just SUCKS that it took the bariatric surgeon 1349337487 times to look a little farther down. Sheesh! It's not like he/she had to look at other body parts (like your legs) to find it!! How is it looking for the feeding tube? No news is good news?? Blessings to you!!! Linda

Thanks for the compliment Linda...it is kinda amazing how good you can look with a little help and how sucky you can feel on the inside. As of right now, the feeding tube is a no go...as long as I can maintain and function until the 2nd of December...that's a big if. My surgeon definitely does not want me to have one...but the GI doctor is insistent if I can't get my nutrients in and if I lose too much more weight...no real number on that though. And I really had to put my foot down to get my surgeon to look further...but at least I got my way today and they did find something so that is good news. I'll keep you updated on the 2 new tests.

OH girl! Wow...

I am praying so much for you. I know this has to be so hard!! One thing after another! I hate so much that you have to have another surgery but since they've found why you can't eat and are still losing they can get that fixed and then you won't feel so faint and be able to keep your weight maintained.

The artery, I've never heard of it but I'm going to think positive and say it isn't narrowed that much. I wonder what caused that? If it is, maybe they can put the stent in through a cath. I've had three of those and they aren't bad at all. But mine were heart and kidney caths.

You will get all of this taken care of and I believe with my whole heart you will get better. I don't know you but you seem to have the best attitude and you are handling this very well. I've heard that our attitude can heal us! :)

Again, I know this has to be so hard for you. God bless you!! Many prayers going up for you Niki.

Thanks so much for the well wishes and the comments about the stent. I'm so nervous about that. I just hope the test comes back and says I don't need one! I try to stay positive but sometimes it's hard...ask Laura-Ven...I have my bad days too. And believe me, I need all the prayers I can get!

Great news! Had my CT Angiography this morning and it came back normal! No surgery for a stent! Yay me! Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes! Now on the the capsule camera test and then surgery December 2nd. Then I'll be back as good as new!

I am so happy to hear this! Girl, it's bringing tears to my eyes :)

Let's keep putting it out there into the universe for continual good news and improvement!

Great news! Had my CT Angiography this morning and it came back normal! No surgery for a stent! Yay me! Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes! Now on the the capsule camera test and then surgery December 2nd. Then I'll be back as good as new!

So happy to hear this news Niki!!!!! YAY for you!! I have been waiting to hear back from you. The capsule camera is easy I thihk. With this one, I think you just swallow the capsule and it takes pictures on the way down.

Good luck!! Oh I forgot, what is the surgery for again?

You will be as good as new! So happy for you. :)

I am so happy to hear this! Girl, it's bringing tears to my eyes :) <br> Let's keep putting it out there into the universe for continual good news and improvement!

Thanks girl! I'm so happy too! Good to hear from you! I thought I'd lose you with this new site! Ugh!

I am so happy to hear this! Girl, it's bringing tears to my eyes :) <br> Let's keep putting it out there into the universe for continual good news and improvement!

Thanks girl! I'm so happy too! Good to hear from you! I thought I'd lose you with this new site! Ugh!

So happy to hear this news Niki!!!!! YAY for you!! I have been waiting to hear back from you. The capsule camera is easy I thihk. With this one, I think you just swallow the capsule and it takes pictures on the way down.

Good luck!! Oh I forgot, what is the surgery for again?

You will be as good as new! So happy for you. :)

Yes Lisa! I'll just be so happy to have all the answers I need! The surgery is supposed to be exploratory surgery for a "kink" or hernia in my intestines that makes my stomach or I guess belly, really, hurt when I eat, and it bloats bad. But it shouldn't be much of an exploration if the capsule does it's job! That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Niki,

You won't lose me unless you beat me off with a stick :P

Remember when you converted and I told you, don't go, you belong here still??

You are helping guide so many that come up against the same complications.

So for that I thank you for staying here.

And plus I just like you :)

Niki,

You won't lose me unless you beat me off with a stick :P

Remember when you converted and I told you, don't go, you belong here still??

You are helping guide so many that come up against the same complications.

So for that I thank you for staying here.

And plus I just like you :)

Awwww, I like you too! That makes me happy! :)

Besides, I don't carry a stick! :P

Niki! This is awesome news!!!! I'm so happy for you. It sounds like this awful time is almost over. No stent, capsule cam, surgery and YAY!!! You must be elated :-)