Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't stop losing

RealMe, I notice two things; I notice that a lot of sleevers have given some pretty good suggestions, backed up by experience, and you have negated, it seems, all of them. I also notice that you chose to start this topic and called it Can't Stop Losing, implying that you would like to stop losing, but with every offer of advice (that you asked for), you return to what your nut says. If you are satisfied with the guidance of your nut, why raise the topic at all? Maybe it would be helpful to discuss loss/gain anxieties with a therapist.

Now may be the time to add foods from the O's food group. Cheetos , Doritos , Fritos and my fave Oreos !!

I hope you are kidding!!! Regularly eating foods that made us fat, in the first place, is a sure ticket to be fat again.

I hope you're able to get this resolved soon. I think my point is just that alot of people (including my NUT) don't see low fat and no fat foods as a healthy alternative because usually, in processed foods, they take out the dietary fat and replace it with sugar....which is harmful to your health. Dietary fat, on the other hand, isn't unhealthy at all, it's just higher in calories which seems like what you need.

I don't eat many processed foods. Most foods I eat are homemade. I just use fat free dairy, and lean meats, baking/grilling instead of frying. The fat free foods that I eat are also low in sugar/carbs. I do sweeten food with Splenda, but that is usually only one of my 4-5 meals.

Not sure if you're trying to be funny' date=' but that comes out sounding rude AND not at all helpful[/quote']

At the time of writing this I really thought your nutritionist was off...

Sorry you found that offensive. After further reading I believe your nut is not the nut.

At the time of writing this I really thought your nutritionist was off...

Sorry you found that offensive. After further reading I believe your nut is not the nut.

Rofl!!!!!

Rofl!!!!!

Hey Amanda, Can you please change your profile photo back to your first photo. You looked really pretty in that photo and the one you have now is really not nice, and I think you are better than that.

Hey Amanda' date=' Can you please change your profile photo back to your first photo. You looked really pretty in that photo and the one you have now is really not nice, and I think you are better than that.[/quote']

Say wha?! That's me during my blue dye leak test...

Say wha?! That's me during my blue dye leak test...

I know, but I really liked the other photo you had. Not trying to insult you, but, well you just looked really nice in that other photo.

I know' date=' but I really liked the other photo you had. Not trying to insult you, but, well you just looked really nice in that other photo.[/quote']

There ya go. This was the other day after an invigorating hike on a gorgeous Spring day.

OP: I know I'm addicted to food. I worry this obsession I have with food will switch from one bad extreme to another. Without knowing you personally I can only ask, have you researched that?

RealMe, I notice two things; I notice that a lot of sleevers have given some pretty good suggestions, backed up by experience, and you have negated, it seems, all of them. I also notice that you chose to start this topic and called it Can't Stop Losing, implying that you would like to stop losing, but with every offer of advice (that you asked for), you return to what your nut says. If you are satisfied with the guidance of your nut, why raise the topic at all? Maybe it would be helpful to discuss loss/gain anxieties with a therapist.

Some of the advice has been helpful, but I will not return to my old habits, that is how people regain the weight, after a few years. I am following a healthy low fat diet, not processed foods. I don't deprive myself, I just limit sweets and junk foods to an occasional bite. My nut told me to add a few extra calories at a time (1-2 extra bites at meals) so as not to increase calories too rapidly, that makes sense. I asked the question while I was waiting for a response from my nut. As my stomach expands, I will be able to include fresh veggies/fruit. My health is EXCELLENT and my energy through the roof!!

I hope you are kidding!!! Regularly eating foods that made us fat, in the first place, is a sure ticket to be fat again.

I don't think this is accurate... moderation, accountability and yes, sometimes exclusion may be in order for the worst trigger foods..., but eating small amounts of variety in my opinion is the path to health and "normalcy"

Now may be the time to add foods from the O's food group. Cheetos , Doritos , Fritos and my fave Oreos !!

I hope you don't go there.....Keep it healthy foods, none of these. You are doing great and just need to eat nutritious foods. I would start eating real eggs with the yolks because the yolks hold all the nutritional value.....Add some nuts and cheeses and enjoy your new habits.....You will do fine with stopping the weight loss but you do have to add some additional calories from nutrient rich foods that are good for you body. :)

I don't think this is accurate... moderation, accountability and yes, sometimes exclusion may be in order for the worst trigger foods..., but eating small amounts of variety in my opinion is the path to health and "normalcy"

I believe in moderation, which is why I used the word 'regularly' As my stomach expands, I will be able to have more variety. I occasionally have a bite or 2 of something else, besides Protein. But, I feel great and am very healthy, all blood work has been perfect, and he checks EVERYTHING! It's like donating blood when I go, LOL!!