Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't stop losing

RealMe, I notice two things; I notice that a lot of sleevers have given some pretty good suggestions, backed up by experience, and you have negated, it seems, all of them. I also notice that you chose to start this topic and called it Can't Stop Losing, implying that you would like to stop losing, but with every offer of advice (that you asked for), you return to what your nut says. If you are satisfied with the guidance of your nut, why raise the topic at all? Maybe it would be helpful to discuss loss/gain anxieties with a therapist.

These are my thoughts reading this through out. I really haven't heard too many people having this problem of not stopping their weight loss. In some ways, I wish i had this problem. Just joking. I agree with seeking a therapist to work on the issues of gaining weight back. Might call the NUT and discuss with her your fears and how they are affecting your ability to stop the weight loss. Sometimes the weight loss is an addiction in itself.... Hope you get this under control really soon....This can also be considered and eating disorder.....

I believe in moderation' date=' which is why I used the word 'regularly' As my stomach expands, I will be able to have more variety. I occasionally have a bite or 2 of something else, besides Protein. But, I feel great and am very healthy, all blood work has been perfect, and he checks EVERYTHING! It's like donating blood when I go, LOL!![/quote']

Curiosity... Do you think, not your nut, but you..

Think that eating only an occasional bite of vegetables is healthy for you? I understand that you were told that your stomach will "relax" with time also but doesn't that happen in the first year out? And if you are over a 1 year, met goal and want to maintain why not add veggies? Does you nut think you need to lose more?

I'm almost two years out and my stomach continued to relax a bit during the second year. I've heard some say it continues till year 3. I hope not, because I'm really happy with my restriction at year two. At year one, things were much tighter. Now I can eat a small salad in addition to a small serving of starch and three ounces of Protein. At one year, it was a few bites of starch and veggies only.

For the OP, I say, follow the nut's advice. Add a few bites and see how that does. Sometimes the change can be pretty small. If you continue to lose, call the nut again.

As for me, I do enjoy healthy fats now. A little avocado, Peanut Butter, and olive oil here and there. And the occasional treat. But everyone is different, including caloric needs to maintain. I'm always shocked by how little some people, such as eggface, eat to maintain their weight.

Lynda

I'm almost two years out and my stomach continued to relax a bit during the second year. I've heard some say it continues till year 3. I hope not, because I'm really happy with my restriction at year two. At year one, things were much tighter. Now I can eat a small salad in addition to a small serving of starch and three ounces of Protein. At one year, it was a few bites of starch and veggies only.

For the OP, I say, follow the nut's advice. Add a few bites and see how that does. Sometimes the change can be pretty small. If you continue to lose, call the nut again.

As for me, I do enjoy healthy fats now. A little avocado, Peanut Butter, and olive oil here and there. And the occasional treat. But everyone is different, including caloric needs to maintain. I'm always shocked by how little some people, such as eggface, eat to maintain their weight.

Lynda

I do eat peanuts, so am getting some good fats, there

Curiosity... Do you think, not your nut, but you..

Think that eating only an occasional bite of vegetables is healthy for you? I understand that you were told that your stomach will "relax" with time also but doesn't that happen in the first year out? And if you are over a 1 year, met goal and want to maintain why not add veggies? Does you nut think you need to lose more?

It's NOT healthy, long term to not eat fruits/veggies. In the meantime I am taking my Vitamins, as prescribed. Again, not a good long term solution, but as my stomach expands, will be able to have more variety.

My intent is not to over simplify, but I thought the idea behind maintenance was to gradually increase your intake (ie. calories, fat, healthy carbs) to find out where you stop losing, start maintaining, and prevent regaining?

It's NOT healthy' date=' long term to not eat fruits/veggies. In the meantime I am taking my Vitamins, as prescribed. Again, not a good long term solution, but as my stomach expands, will be able to have more variety.[/quote']

If you don't add healthy fats and a bigger variety until your stomach relaxes you'll continue to lose weight. It takes at least a year if not longer for the stomach to reach its full relaxed state. And ANYTHING low fat is still processed. There aren't "low fat" cows (God I wish there were) and there is a chemical process to remove those natural and healthy fats. As I previously mentioned, long term, the additives in low fat dairy and other foods do almost as much damage as eating from the O group as someone else said

Now may be the time to add foods from the O's food group. Cheetos ' date=' Doritos , Fritos and my fave Oreos !![/quote']

The O group :P

And ANYTHING low fat is still processed. There aren't "low fat" cows (God I wish there were) and there is a chemical process to remove those natural and healthy fats.

Just wanted to clear this up. All dairy products that are sold in stores are "processed" upswing the strictest sense of the word. But creating low fat cheeses, yogurts, & other dairy products is done by filtering the fat from the milk base before processing it. I'm sure there are companies that do use a chemical process for certain products but this most often not the case.

BTW, I personally believe that milk in general is not healthy, and dairy products in general should be used in moderation.

And ANYTHING low fat is still processed. There aren't "low fat" cows (God I wish there were) and there is a chemical process to remove those natural and healthy fats.

As far as I know, it is not a chemical process to remove fat from dairy. In un-homogenized milk the cream rises to the top and is removed

I stopped reading after the first page for a couple of reasons. First, I think that stopping losing isn't actually a goal here, or at least not a serious one (yet?) for you, theRealMel.

I also think nutritionists who recommend s**tty processed foods like low-fat crap and egg beaters are mental and not worth talking to. EAT REAL food, is my number one rule. Real milk, real butter, real cheese, none of this processed low-fat BS. That crap is no good for you. Eating real food IS good for you -- as real and as whole as you can get it. Not crap meat from horrible feed lots, but organic/pastured meats that are full of nutrients your body needs. Organic fruits and veg. Real eggs from chickens who know how to walk around and feel the sunlight. Etc.

The nut who told me to eat a low fat string cheese? That would be the nut I'd never go to again. Focusing on 100 grams of Protein for its own sake, regardless of the source or quality of the Protein, is IMO crazy. That is NO way to be healthy, 'normal', or live a good life. But again, I'm not sure eating heathfully is theRealMel's goal -- rather, the focus is on fear. Fear of regain. Fear of eating well. Fear of letting go of the heady sense of control that the sleeve has provided. That there is eating disorder territory, so just be really careful and mindful. Wish you the best in your journey!!