Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

You are so right - because SUPPORT is so important to me - If we meet once a month I will put it on my calender and just try to either be off or trade with a coworker to work a day shift that day - If enough people get into it maybe we could have AM and PM support meetings. I hate the gym scene so I'm going to be a mall walker.....In more ways than one - Walk for health and I can't wait to SHOP TIL I DROP. I have window shopped for so long that the mall will become my friend...and so maybe some of us can meet in the AM and be mall walkers at Deerbrook.

BTW - I'm not banded yet but of course if anyone want to join me once I am - I would love to.

Let me make it clear that it's not MY meeting. It's ours. I ain't the leader. I have 2 suggestions:

1. Let's keep the meeting at 6:30 Monday night, and let's propose a Sunday time to mall walk. OR

2. Forget the meeting and if anybody wants to, they can go to the Houston or Woodlands meeting. And just set us up for a regular time to go mall walking.

Let's "weigh in" :-) on the suggestions.

If those are my only 2 choices, I vote for option 1.

I know myself and I won't travel to a meeting in another area.

I would LOVE to mall-walk.

Hi everybody, I just had a fill yesterday and I saw a notice at the surgicenter that they are starting a meeting at Dr Spivak's office at 7pm on March 13th for bandsters. It is being run by a successful bandster. I can only remember that her first name is Wanda. We have to reserve a space by calling the office. Just thought yall would want to know. Maybe if we get to have another Humble meeting (Feb 5 at 6:30pm--Humble Cafe) we can arrange a car pool (my car is working again). It could be fun!

Let me make it clear that it's not MY meeting. It's ours. I ain't the leader. I have 2 suggestions:

1. Let's keep the meeting at 6:30 Monday night, and let's propose a Sunday time to mall walk. OR

2. Forget the meeting and if anybody wants to, they can go to the Houston or Woodlands meeting. And just set us up for a regular time to go mall walking.

Let's "weigh in" :-) on the suggestions.

I vote for the Monday night meeting!:)

OK. 6:30 PM Monday the 5th at Humble City Cafe. Lets shoot for monthly meetings. And I'm game for whenever anyone wants to start mall walking!

Thanks Betsyjane, I'll be there if I have to walk. I had my second fill on 1/25/06 Thursday. They said I had lost .7 of the l.5 I got on my first fill (surgery 10/16/06). So they gave me .8 to get me back up to the l.5 I got originally on 1/4/06. Has that happened to anyone else? This is the first time I've felt any restriction.

lanajane: I've read where people have gone back to get a fill and they had lost some solution. Someone said it evaporates ?? I'm not sure. Did you question the doctor?

Also I am still pending bandism. I am waiting on insurance, so I will continue to keep up with you guys and jump in as soon as I can.

Keep up the good work!

Hey Bikergirl, the doctor wasn't there, it was a Nurse Practitioner. I guess because it's a second fill the doc doesn't have to be there. She said it does happen. It did worry me a bit, but I have sure started losing weight again. I think you are going to really be happy when you get banded. I put it off for a long time because I was afraid and I had to pay for it myself. It really is working for me. I've lost about 34 pounds since Oct. 16, 06. And I didn't do so well at Christmas because I postphoned my first fill until 1/4/07. Thanks for the well wishes. I hope to meet you soon.

I would love to join you guys at the meeting. I have been looking for a support group close to home. I have finally found one!!!

I'll be there on the 5th.

Yes, you can lose some of your fill. It is more typical after the 1st fill as some of it can get absorped by the band. I lost mine after several fills so they switched me to a thicker saline called omnipacque. Most of the fills are done by PA's at the surgicenter. You have to request your doctor if you want him to give it.

Thanks Barbara456, Glad to get the info on fills. It's really helpful to see your history at the bottom of your page. I know each case is different but it is really a better understanding of what goes on. I wish I knew how to do a page like yours, but I'm not so computer savey, but I am keeping a record of my surgery and fills on a word document for me. Lana