Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okkkkkk my name is Suzanne and I am a food Addict. I was sleeved on March 20th. Lost 8 lbs pre-op, 22 post-op for a total of 30. Lost 10 inches. Have not lost an ounce in the last three weeks. Was at 229 at the 2 weeks check up, now 227. Saw 226 briefly.

Eating too much. Today, Protein shake. 2 oz hummus. 3 inch eggplant roll up with sauce. 2 oz hummus, 10 pretzels. 2/3 small bag of Pork rinds. Few bites of avocado. Probably 6 sf popsicles. Drinking but not as much as I should. WHY WHY am I soooooo resistant to doing what I'm supposed to do? After eating what I did today I finally feel like I have been full in the ""old" way. I can see how people fail. I can see how to "eat around my sleeve".

Yes, I'm in therapy. So mad. So sad. I want a magic wand. :(

Have you looked up "Three week stall"? Many people have a stretch of time where they do not lose weight. It does not mean they are doing anything wrong. The body needs time to catch up, and the three week stall is part of that. Are you writing down everything you eat? Do that, even if you are not eating on plan. This at least keeps you accountable for what is going down the hatch. You may not be eating too many calories... but pleas be careful about eating rough foods, foods that swell up, foods that over extend the tiny tummy. You don't want to bust a stitch. I have trouble with Water too.. I tell myself whats up with that! How hard is it to get in enough water...still I struggle. Congratulations on your weight loss, I think you are doing great. 22 pounds in a month? When is the last time you did that!? Its takes time to lose the weight. The part of this sleeve process that is the hardest is the maintenance part after a year or three... keep working on getting strategies in place that you can take with you into the future. Exercise that you LIKE. snack strategies, keep a log of what you eat even if you are off plan....Maintain consciousness. drink your water. I'm there with you on that one...

Thanks for the love Feed.....I think I am scared to death to fail. And scared to death to succed. I am like a toddler having a tantrum. I knew that this surgery would bring up ALL of my food issues, and it sure has. I know that this will pass. Trying to breathe in love and exhale fear. I have never had any success with any sort of discipline around food. Stirs up all the depravation crap from childhood. I do exercise, Water yoga/pilates/pi yo chi 5 mornings a week. The othe thing that has happened is a huge uptick in physical pain this week ( I have a chronic pain syndrome, fibro and arthritis). Today I was given the ok to start mobic for a week, and have taken extra neurontin and 2 hydrocodones today. FINALLY not in pain. So I'm hoping breaking the pain cycle will help - pain = inflammation = hanging onto weight/fluid. Geesh, I have rambled on. Think I needed to get this out of my system? Thanks for listening.

Thanks for the love Feed.....I think I am scared to death to fail. And scared to death to succed. I am like a toddler having a tantrum. I knew that this surgery would bring up ALL of my food issues' date=' and it sure has. I know that this will pass. Trying to breathe in love and exhale fear. I have never had any success with any sort of discipline around food. Stirs up all the depravation crap from childhood. I do exercise, Water yoga/pilates/pi yo chi 5 mornings a week. The othe thing that has happened is a huge uptick in physical pain this week ( I have a chronic pain syndrome, fibro and arthritis). Today I was given the ok to start mobic for a week, and have taken extra neurontin and 2 hydrocodones today. FINALLY not in pain. So I'm hoping breaking the pain cycle will help - pain = inflammation = hanging onto weight/fluid. Geesh, I have rambled on. Think I needed to get this out of my system? Thanks for listening.[/quote']

Hang in there Suzanne!! You CAN do this!! Believe In yourself and who you are now, not who you"were" although those experiences created the Old behaviors, they don't define you. Don't be too hard on yourself either, just learn from what you think you have done wrong, and do it differently or "right" tomorrow. And keep reaching out to friends and for support. I just joined this community today and love it. I have not had my sleeve yet but have spent the past year mentally preparing and dealing with past issues so that I can't wait now, truly excited! I am excited for you and your new life and weight loss too!! Keep up the good work!!-Brenda

Thanks for the love Feed.....I think I am scared to death to fail. And scared to death to succed. I am like a toddler having a tantrum. I knew that this surgery would bring up ALL of my food issues' date=' and it sure has. I know that this will pass. Trying to breathe in love and exhale fear. I have never had any success with any sort of discipline around food. Stirs up all the depravation crap from childhood. I do exercise, Water yoga/pilates/pi yo chi 5 mornings a week. The othe thing that has happened is a huge uptick in physical pain this week ( I have a chronic pain syndrome, fibro and arthritis). Today I was given the ok to start mobic for a week, and have taken extra neurontin and 2 hydrocodones today. FINALLY not in pain. So I'm hoping breaking the pain cycle will help - pain = inflammation = hanging onto weight/fluid. Geesh, I have rambled on. Think I needed to get this out of my system? Thanks for listening.[/quote']

Suzanne, I deal with serious all over joint pain, swelling, and flare ups from rheumatoid arthritis so I understand that part too.....you are an inspiration to me to be more active, with everything you do...what is pi yo chi?

the most important thing is that you know there is a problem. We all make mistakes and slip up in our eating. Don't beat yourself up to much about it though, that wont help anything. conquering our previous food issues is no easy or simple feat, you have made amazing progress! Tomorrow is a new day, don't let the mistakes of today drag you down tomorrow. Also think, that you may have eaten "a lot" today, but compared to what you would have eaten in a day before surgery, you hardly ate anything. Try using Myfitnesspal to help keep track of your foods It really helps me stay on target. You are doing great, and you will succeed! Hang in there!!

I had the dreaded week three stall, the real kicker was that it lasted three weeks too.

I mean... You know this but lets break down your food because its not ideal

Protein shake - you started off great.

2 oz hummus - not a bad thing to eat but its a slider

3 inch eggplant roll up with sauce - this is fine

2 oz hummus - slider

10 pretzels - junk food is not ideal for a bariatric patient

2/3 small bag of Pork rinds - there really isn't anything good about this choice either

Few bites of avocado - again with the sliders

So overall, its not terrible, but you really need to focus your energy on solids if you are at the stage that you can have them.

Thanks again for the love and support. Re the Pi/Yp/Chi....it's through my local YMCA. A 45 minute class that includes yoga, pilates (lots of core work) and Tai Chi - breathing and movements designed to slow your mind and relax. Awesome for me, mostly for the spiritual aspect. Have loved the core toning as well. That's 3 x week. The other two I do the Arthritis Foundation's Water class. I have just seen a Y class for restorative yoga - you are propped, pillowed, bolstered and cushioned into position. It's designed for ppl with health issues and obesity to get them ready for floor yoga. The Y also has a "chair yoga" for "active older adults" meaning all the ol' ladies. Now,, I would be thrilled to take it but it's at 7:30 in the MORNING!!! What are they thinking??? :unsure:

Great that your in therapy!!! Mine was put of town this week do I missed my session!!!

You have done great so far!

I don't know what's happened this week--- every one I know has been like this-- I've had an awful time today- it's been bad!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Great that your in therapy!!! Mine was put of town this week do I missed my session!!!

You have done great so far!

I don't know what's happened this week--- every one I know has been like this-- I've had an awful time today- it's been bad!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Maybe it has something to do with this partial lunar eclipse going on tonight??? Lol....must be something going on.