Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Life as a Bandster

Thanks Bandiva!!! I will make sure I let you know when I weigh. I think I will wait till I start solids! I don't know why I am scared. I think I don't want to be disapointed!

Audree...I am sure you are doing great. I stopped losing for a couple weeks when I went back on solids, but my clothes kept getting looser, so it is all OK.

I leave for my fill in a couple hours...a bit nervous...but I am looking forward to having it behind me. I have terrible flight connections, but I got a really good deal. I will just bring a book...or two.

Wish me luck and please send warm fuzzy thoughts so that I can keep my neurtic side (ie...what if my band slipped) under control. xoxo

Wow!!! I can't believe you will only be a couple of hours away from me!!! Maybe one day we can meet for a fill in Mexico? I'd love to meet you in person!

I always felt bad that we didn't meet up for surgery on the same day due to mine needing to be rescheduled.... I was really bummed out about it.

I will pray your trip and flight are safe and that you have fun!!!

Let me know how it goes, okay?

Hi I'm back, tired and broke!:( But I have my fill! I don't really feel any different which freaks me out a little. He put 2cc's in my 4cc band. Maybe it will 'kick in' in a couple of days. I am glad I went ot TJ for this first fill, but like Brenda recommended, I will find someone around here to do the rest of them. I am off to work now, will write more tonight and catch up with everyone.

congrats on your fill, glad your back safe and sound. Yah, give yourself a few days to let the fill "kick in"

Hi I'm back, tired and broke!:( But I have my fill! I don't really feel any different which freaks me out a little. He put 2cc's in my 4cc band. Maybe it will 'kick in' in a couple of days. I am glad I went ot TJ for this first fill, but like Brenda recommended, I will find someone around here to do the rest of them. I am off to work now, will write more tonight and catch up with everyone.

HI!!!!!! I have heard that sometimes it takes about 2 weeks to kick in. FillCentersUSA.com does Dr. Ortiz fills. Maybe you can check in your area. How was the experience? Are you hungry or able to eat solids?

BabygotBack

I noticed that it has been two weeks since your surgery, how are you feeling Now ?

What was it like the first few days ?

My date is Feb 1st, and I am trying to prepare myself for the road ahead.

Congrats Bandiva!

2cc's for your first fill? Wow! That's craziness! no... it's not, but usually from what I've seen, people usually get 1cc to start with. I'm only at 1.5cc!

When exactly did you get the fill? And you're not really noticing anything yet? Did he do it under flouro?

I'm glad you said it Mandi, cause I was thinkin' it!!!

Most people I see on here with the 4cc band start at a .5 cc fill and sometimes reach the sweet spot well before 2 ccs.....

Bandiva, I hope all will be well....I'm going to assume because you didn't feel discomfort right away (ie. after the fill when you drank some water) that perhaps you will be fine....

*fingers crossed*

BabygotBack

I noticed that it has been two weeks since your surgery, how are you feeling Now ?

What was it like the first few days ?

My date is Feb 1st, and I am trying to prepare myself for the road ahead.

I am feeling great!!! No pain no discomfort!!! The first 3 days were the worst, but still not bad. The gas pains were the worse thing.

Just make sure you have as much of a variety at hand, shakes, V8, creamy Soups, etc!!!

Bandiva, glad you got your fill. Be very careful in the next few weeks. That baby may kick in anytime and catch you off guard. Thats a big fill. Just be careful.

You all are so sweet and take such good care of me. It really warms my heart. Thank you.

My fill was done under flouro and I am sure he said he put two cc's in. Now I am second guessing myself! (I am a little nuerotic if you haven't noticed yet). I had it done monday morning and I was on fluids mon and tues. Wed I ate about 1/2 cup amounts at a time...maybe a little more, but grazed rather than sat down and ate a meal This morning I had a piece of WW bread, 1 tbsp penut butter and 1/2 banana for Breakfast. I got hungry again around 1pm so I had 1 cup of ground beef with cheeze melted on top. Yummy. So far so good. I have to eat slowly and I get full very fast but that is the whole idea right?

I have been reading a little about you all....Mandi and Yoda...wow..you are huge losers! xox Congrats.

Audree...all went well except for my bright idea to walk everywhere I went. I have shin splints like you won't believe!

Cloe...thanks for the love! I appreciate the advice. I hope restriction doesn't kick in while I am on my tip! I still can't believe I am going. We have almost the same goal weight...It will be fun to reach it together.

Neenah...I can't wait to get to your starting weight! I am almost there! Glad you are doing well.

Bandiva, I'm glad your doing well. As far as getting to my starting weight, youre almost there! And youve lost so much in a very short period.

Sounds like your still able to eat a decent amount with the fill, so i think you'll be fine on your trip.

ps. in the past i did get as high as 275...so i know how it feels ;0

Bandiva,

Sounds like you're doing good! I'm sure you'll be fine with that fill... if it's not feeling TOO crazily tight now, it'll probably be good for quite a while.

Man, you can eat things that some bandsters only dream about! I tried toast and PB a few months ago, for breakfast, mind you, (when its not a good idea for me to have anything), took a couple bites, and ended up licking the melty Peanut Butter off! I don't usually have a problem with hamburger, or melted cheese, but lots do! Don't think it's a bad thing, you'll have more variety, and that's always good.

( I like this new thing with Ticker Factory showing your BMI now too!! Don't you guys?!)

Keep it up, Bandiva!! :rolleyes:

Mandi