Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery friday new big fear

Yep that is scary I wish I.loved ice Water like coke I wouldnt need this

When is yalls surgery and what surgeon?

Hi guys :D

I think I've told you the ugly truth of my food problems... Just go in with eyes open and know its still work as far as having restraint..

But it can be done, look at all the people here that have done well.

I know several people at different stages of the surgery and I am pretty confident its just in back of my mind

I was a soda addict, too. But, after fighting so hard with the insurance company to get approval, and knowing how much this will all cost, and going through all the obstacle course the ins co required, and STILL getting approval... I made up my mind I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make this a success and that means I CAN live without carbonated water!

My old life ended on April 17th at 2 pm. I was reborn in that operating room. My old life and my old eating choices just didn't work for me. They were killing me. So, I am trying to adapt to my new life and my new way of feeding my body. The echoes of the past are still lingering, because its still so new. But, I figure if I just work hard on my new life, the voices of the past will fade away eventually. That's my hope.

My new passion is Raspberry tea. Find your new favorite beverage. Change is good.

I think DIET COKE ADDICT would certainly describe me pre-surgery as that is virtually all I had to drink! Since the surgery 11 weeks ago, I have had a sip and it tastes AWFUL let alone how nasty it feels in my sleeved stomach. Who knew?

Pre-surgery, I couldn't get enough to eat. One cookie would just piss me off, so I would eat until I was "full". I tried a cookie last week and didn't eat it all because it just didn't taste that great and it didn't leave me with any feelings of fullness. I used to LOVE boneless buffalo wings. Now, eh. They are OK, but not the yummy treat they used to be.

Before surgery, I worried the sleeve wouldn't work for me and that I would waste all this money. But, it is working! And the foods they tell you to eat are also the foods that make me feel full and agree with my new stomach. It's hard to really communicate how the changes feel. The foods and drinks that used to be "wonderful" are just not that great anymore. Who knew??!!

I have the fear I will have a hard time knowing when I'm full and be throwing up a lot, or somehow stretch my stomach back and gain everything back :-/

Oh, trust me, me will learn to recognize when you are full!

I'm right at a month post-op and the first time I ate too much/too much I just felt a little crummy then instantly realized it was coming back up. I had just moved from full liquids to pureed foods, so was a little...eager, let's say, in eating my lunch. It's happened once more since then (I'm nothing if not stubborn) and I ignored my body saying it was full, since there was just one more bite. It would have been less of a waste to throw out that one last bite. :)

On the post-op board, you can research and find lots of info about figuring out body signals for fullness. For me, I often hiccup (just once) or my nose starts to run a little. Those are my clues I'm at my limit. If I ignore them, it's all over.

When I was on the liquids and full liquids phases, feeling full felt almost like I'd swallowed something the wrong way and had a sort of stuck feeling in my chest.

~Kat

I'm a diet coke addict ... I'm not looking forward to the headaches ... I'm drinking much less but knowing I CAN NOT have them after is scary

I was a huge Diet Coke addict. I have been drinking it since I was a teenager...I had been drinking it daily for right around 15 years. I not only was worried about not drinking it, I sort of mourned the end of my relationship with it.

I stopped drinking it during my pre-op diet and haven't really missed it at all. I'm so busy getting in other fluids it's not even on my radar.

You'll be able to do it! :)

~Kat

I think DIET COKE ADDICT would certainly describe me pre-surgery as that is virtually all I had to drink! Since the surgery 11 weeks ago, I have had a sip and it tastes AWFUL let alone how nasty it feels in my sleeved stomach. Who knew?

Pre-surgery, I couldn't get enough to eat. One cookie would just piss me off, so I would eat until I was "full". I tried a cookie last week and didn't eat it all because it just didn't taste that great and it didn't leave me with any feelings of fullness. I used to LOVE boneless buffalo wings. Now, eh. They are OK, but not the yummy treat they used to be.

Before surgery, I worried the sleeve wouldn't work for me and that I would waste all this money. But, it is working! And the foods they tell you to eat are also the foods that make me feel full and agree with my new stomach. It's hard to really communicate how the changes feel. The foods and drinks that used to be "wonderful" are just not that great anymore. Who knew??!!

This is inspirational. Thank you for sharing this!

I will not lose any weight ?

Ha! I think this too!