Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery friday new big fear

I will not lose any weight ?

Let go of that fear. You will lose. I don't know ANYONE who has failed.

I had that fear. I still do fear I won't lose any more. Probably irrational, but I sure do understand what you are saying! I couldn't lose weight before, so why now, I figured. The difference is that you can't over eat. You can't take a break. You can't go on a binge. You still have to do your part, but it's the long haul that makes the difference.

I have the fear I will have a hard time knowing when I'm full and be throwing up a lot, or somehow stretch my stomach back and gain everything back :-/

I have the fear I will have a hard time knowing when I'm full and be throwing up a lot, or somehow stretch my stomach back and gain everything back :-/

I hate nausea and throwing up. If you do, too, you'll take tiny nibbles and gradually take little bit bigger bites until your body says, EH. Your body will tell you.

I don't think the pouch can stretch that much, unless maybe if you deliberately try to force the issue, but I've never heard of anyone doing that.

I am just scared to spend this money and have a surgery ans not lose any weight

Right now I'm stuck at 58 pounds lost, I asked my husband "what if this is it? What if I don't lose anymore?"

"All this time and money was it worth it if I only lost 60 pounds"

We thought for a minute then both of us agreed

Yes it's worth it :)

I know that its slow for me and sometimes it's not going anywhere but I'm sure that I will eventually lose more until then I will be happy with my 58 pounds :)

Right now I'm stuck at 58 pounds lost' date=' I asked my husband "what if this is it? What if I don't lose anymore?"

"All this time and money was it worth it if I only lost 60 pounds"

We thought for a minute then both of us agreed

Yes it's worth it :)

I know that its slow for me and sometimes it's not going anywhere but I'm sure that I will eventually lose more until then I will be happy with my 58 pounds :)[/quote']

How long has it been Laura? Are u feeling healthier and more energy for eating better? Are u working out- maybe gaining muscle ?

How long has it been Laura? Are u feeling healthier and more energy for eating better? Are u working out- maybe gaining muscle ?

Hey rollar,

I'm 5 months out, yes I feel a lot better! I was taking high blood pressure meds for the last year and I felt like at 46 I was close to having a heart attack! So being off of the meds alone is worth it!

I eat better I guess, I ate for the most part healthy before though.. I'm a stay at home mom and cook for my family nightly they are healthy meals ( kids with sad faces but healthy can attest to that) I just ate a lot of food.

Exercise is my biggest problem! I'm a lazy lady and I need to do more!

Totally my fear....spending the money for it not to work. So, the only way I knew to tip the odds in my favor is DO EVERYTHING the doctor and nutritionist say. And I am....11 weeks out from surgery, I am losing. If I apply logic, I never GAINED weight this fast, so it is coming off at a great rate.

If you spend the money and do everything you are told post-surgery, you WILL lose weight.

Before surgery, I had to stay out of my own head...it was a dangerous place to go! If you can keep sane during the pre-surgery phase, you will do well on the post-op phase. Good luck!

I'm not worried about not losing weight because you will lose weight since you are unable to eat like you used to. What I am afraid of is after a few months my appetite returns and I barely lose weight. Possibly gaining some back. What if I graze on junk food instead of healthy food? I know everyone says to follow the diet plan, but this is why I'm doing this because I CANNOT follow a diet. I always end up getting off my diet, that is why I'm doing this surgery!

I think like this - I would love to eat some chicken & salad for lunch but that wouldn't even touch the sides & satisfy me - I need 1 or 2 big fluffy Buns with it to fill me up! So after this surgery hopefully I can eat the healthy food first and will be satisfied. Fingers crossed. Just print "before photos" and post them all around your house as motivation haha

I hear ya that is part of my fear also... my weakness is sweets and soda

I eat alot.of salads its bored eating is my problem and once again coke

I'm a diet coke addict ... I'm not looking forward to the headaches ... I'm drinking much less but knowing I CAN NOT have them after is scary