Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone having feeling of regret after surgery

Hi I had my surgery on april 3rd 2013 at first I was so happy & excited even right after I had the surgery but then all of a sudden last week I started having these feeling like what did I do 2 myself i,I could have done this on my own & then feeling weak at times don't help yes sometimes I feel good about my decision but 50% of the time I feel bad I am so confused right now & my attitude is the worse at times I hope this feeling don't last 4ever I thought I knew what I was getting myself in obviously I didn't

I am having a lil doubt too, I had mine done april 15 and I started the Protein Drink today and drank 8 oz no problem but I feel hungry still. I thought I would be less hungry and wanting food. I am scared I will never leave the 200's.

I have not yet had my surgery, but being an obsessive type of person, have haunted various wls forums every day for quite a while now. From what I have read, what you are feeling is normal. Your hormones are all over the place, your body is in shock, and you haven't yet begun to reap the benefits. Hang in there!

The best advice I got on these boards when I first has surgery was this: the first month sucks!!! Don't worry, you're going through the hard part right now, but it gets SO much better! Hang in there, the regret will go away and you'll be thrilled with your decision. Hugs!!

I had surgery on 3/25. I had my first moment of being sad over food this weekend since surgery. I got to eat crawfish for the first time since surgery and they were so good and I was sad that I couldn't eat more. I did this to myself, I had to get over it. The thing about doubt after VSG is that it is pointless. This surgery is permanent so doubt doesn't do anything but get you down. The "what ifs", what if I never get out of the 200's? What if I can't do this? Well guess what, you will and you can! I know that it is tough right now but you can do it. The weight will come off and you will be successful IF you do what you are supposed to. Don't get me wrong, you will have stalls and they will make you feel like you are failing, but you aren't! You don't fail until you quit trying!! I just got to start on baked fish, tuna/chicken/egg salad as of Friday and I'll tell you, I was beginning to wonder when I would feel some restriction. I could eat and still feel hungry. I thought the point of this was to not eat as much, to not feel hungry, to feel full after only a few bites!?! That wasn't me, at least not before this weekend. Now that I have started eating things that are a little more dense Protein I am feeling restriction. I had been eating 4-4.5 oz of scrambled eggs at a time and still felt like I could eat more. I had about 2-3 oz of tuna salad yesterday and had to stop. I had a 3 oz piece of baked salmon last night and felt full. And I stayed full, for hours! When I tried to drink Water after waiting an hour, it still felt like my tummy was full. This will get better. Keep your chins up and keep working your sleeve. It gets easier when you get to eat a little more. I can't say that I had any feelings of regret but there have been times that I wasn't so sure of the decision I made. Like I said earilier, the decision is made and this is permanent. There is no point in getting down or doubting. Keep a positive attitude and keep confident! This is unlike any diet we've ever done before and the results are going to be different too! WE CAN DO THIS!

Thanks every 1 I hope this feeling do go away I was so tired of being the fat girl or not wanting 2 go 2 the beach with my family because I felt like every 1 was looking and laughing at me

Now I'm tired of being tired not having any energy sometimes people say its normal but I don't feel normal & getting all the Protein in is hard but I make away everyday 2 get in at least 70grams Protein I am so thankful 4 this site and the people on it don't know what I would do without it

I am 1 month out and I an not going to lie to you thise first 5 days I was wtf did I get myself into. I was totally regretting it. I was so miserable. I hd the wirst gas pains and felt like no one understood what I was going through. A few days later I weight myslef and I was 18lbs down from my starting weight and then I measured myself I was 2 idnches down on everything. I was so darn happy because with a regular diet it would have taken me 2- 4 months to lose that much.

I had a stall which was the worst because it lasted almost 3 weeks but I did not regret the surgery bevause without this tool I would have been like "efff this im going to McDonald's" I cant do that anymore and I am truly grateful.

What helped me alot was seeing videos of people who have gotten sleeved on youtube. Gave me lots on motivation.

You'll be fine. Good luck.

I had a stall which was the worst because it lasted almost 3 weeks but I did not regret the surgery bevause without this tool I would have been like "efff this im going to McDonald's" I cant do that anymore and I am truly grateful.

That is so totally me! I have said time and time again that had I ever had a stall that long on a previous diet I would have gone to McDonalds or Taco Bell! My stall started at a week and a half out and lasted almost 3 weeks. I'm glad the scale has started moving again but most of all I am so thankful for this tool!

Hi I had my surgery on april 3rd 2013 at first I was so happy & excited even right after I had the surgery but then all of a sudden last week I started having these feeling like what did I do 2 myself i' date='I could have done this on my own & then feeling weak at times don't help yes sometimes I feel good about my decision but 50% of the time I feel bad I am so confused right now & my attitude is the worse at times I hope this feeling don't last 4ever I thought I knew what I was getting myself in obviously I didn't[/quote']

I'm 11 days post op and experience buyers remorse at times however, I've lost 12 lbs and can already see the difference in my face. It really is a one day at a time thing with me and sometimes 5 minutes at a time. Just think about the warm weather and not feeling humiliated of the thought of putting on a pair of shorts :o)

I have no will power this surgery is best for my health.

Thanks that's all I can do is take it one day @ a time & pray this feeling don't last long I'm happy with the results but don't wanna feel like I could fall out at times I also don't like this attitude I have sometimes 4 no reason I really appreciate every 1 help I really need it right now

The feelings you have are normal. You will mourn food . And Now i lost all the excess weight i know that Its easier to maintain the weightloss if you have the surgery done. I Am 11 months post op. And between 146 And 150 pounds. So look to the future. You will lose the weight without much effort.i did not exercise.

Thanks every 1 I hope this feeling do go away I was so tired of being the fat girl or not wanting 2 go 2 the beach with my family because I felt like every 1 was looking and laughing at me

Now I'm tired of being tired not having any energy sometimes people say its normal but I don't feel normal & getting all the Protein in is hard but I make away everyday 2 get in at least 70grams Protein I am so thankful 4 this site and the people on it don't know what I would do without it

Don't worry, EVERYONE goes through this. I'm a slow loser and had a leak. Talk about regret. But it's normal. And so are stalls. Just keep doing what you're doing and in a few weeks start exercising! It's all about the new lifestyle, if you don't commit to healthier choices, your commitment to surgery won't be worth it. But to be getting so much protein and by keeping on keepin' on, you're headed for success!

I felt like I'd never get my energy back but when I least expected it I was back to almost normal :)

Don't worry' date=' EVERYONE goes through this. I'm a slow loser and had a leak. Talk about regret. But it's normal. And so are stalls. Just keep doing what you're doing and in a few weeks start exercising! It's all about the new lifestyle, if you don't commit to healthier choices, your commitment to surgery won't be worth it. But to be getting so much Protein and by keeping on keepin' on, you're headed for success!

I felt like I'd never get my energy back but when I least expected it I was back to almost normal :)[/quote']

Thanks when did u have your surgery

Lizv, how far out were you when you had your leak?