Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone having feeling of regret after surgery

Everyone is right. The feelings are normal and the first month is the hardest. It gets better. A lot better! The energy comes back and weight will come off. I was sleeved on March 6th and life is so much better. The first month or so keeping up with the liquids and Protein are a full time job and and it sucks because you are forced to think about nothing but food and what can I have how long has it been since I had Protein.< /p>

Slowly things will get back to normal. I have been out with my friends a few times and it is good. Within a few months there shouldn't be anything I can't have but only in very small portions and that will be satisfying.

You will be so happy you did this. Please post on this thread every couple of weeks and let us know how you are doing. It will help those who come after you. :)

I'm guessing you are going to be one happy, skinny camper!

Thanks when did u have your surgery

My sleeve was November 19 it 20...I can't really remember. But I wasn't out of the hospital until early January so that's when I count from. I actually GAINED weight the month I was in the hospital and couldn't eat or drink. TPN's a mother haha

Lizv' date=' how far out were you when you had your leak?[/quote']

They think it started IMMEDIATELY after surgery. I went the ER and the CT scan showed an abscess but due to the swelling in my stomach they couldn't fully diagnose a leak until a week and half after my emergency surgery. My initial surgery was November 19-20, my emergency surgery was December 1st. So it was pretty early. Faulty staple :/ I was told usually the earlier the leak is found the greater the chances is WASN'T owner error :)

I really can't emphasize 2 things enough.

1.) The more popular the sleeve becomes, the more people will rush into it and regret it because they weren't really ready for the lifelong commitment.

2.) Low energy SUCKS! And in the first month or two you are hyper aware of it but you get used to it and when you're not paying attention you'll randomly realize "holy crap I haven't done this since before surgery!" If you float around this site you'll see tons of people with more energy a few months post-op than they've had in years.

Hang tight fresh sleevers, take your supplements, get in your Protein and Water, keep exercising, and before you know it everything is second nature and you'll e well on your way to a healthier, smaller you!

I will be 8 mths. post surgery on the 27th and I'm down 96 pounds. I am in a 12/14 depending on the cut and manufacturer. There are days when I can eat more than others. I don't snack a lot between meals. I have learned to read labels. I eat a lot of the Greek yogurt 90 cal. and the Protein Shakes 120 cal. I also rarely eat anything fried. I try to stick to green leafy vegetables, berries and fruit. My back doesn't hurt anymore and I have two ruptured disk. It's hard to swallow all the Vitamin supplements, but I just suck it up and do it. I need them and that's that. I don't miss the bread, and I don't crave sweets. It's just trying to find a variety of food I can eat. One thing is for sure when I go to lunch with my co workers I am always taking the majority of the food home to my husband or to eat for dinner. I am looking at loosing another 36 pounds. I have days when I'm down, but the majority of the days are good and getting better as time goes on. You just half to remember that a piece of your body was taken out of you, and it's like having a loss. Also loosing the weight in and of its self is a loss. You had an excuse to hide behind (the weight). As you loose your weight you loose the ability to hide behind it. It's like your out there exposed. I liken it to a person who has been stripped of all their clothing, and they are standing in a room naked. Loosing this much weight is like being naked, your vulnerable, and looking for something to comfort you. That something use to be food. You have to find something that can replace the food, that doesn't have a negative connotation.

I will be 8 mths. post surgery on the 27th and I'm down 96 pounds. I am in a 12/14 depending on the cut and manufacturer. There are days when I can eat more than others. I don't snack a lot between meals. I have learned to read labels. I eat a lot of the Greek yogurt 90 cal. and the Protein Shakes 120 cal. I also rarely eat anything fried. I try to stick to green leafy vegetables' date=' berries and fruit. My back doesn't hurt anymore and I have two ruptured disk. It's hard to swallow all the Vitamin supplements, but I just suck it up and do it. I need them and that's that. I don't miss the bread, and I don't crave sweets. It's just trying to find a variety of food I can eat. One thing is for sure when I go to lunch with my co workers I am always taking the majority of the food home to my husband or to eat for dinner. I am looking at loosing another 36 pounds. I have days when I'm down, but the majority of the days are good and getting better as time goes on. You just half to remember that a piece of your body was taken out of you, and it's like having a loss. Also loosing the weight in and of its self is a loss. You had an excuse to hide behind (the weight). As you loose your weight you loose the ability to hide behind it. It's like your out there exposed. I liken it to a person who has been stripped of all their clothing, and they are standing in a room naked. Loosing this much weight is like being naked, your vulnerable, and looking for something to comfort you. That something use to be food. You have to find something that can replace the food, that doesn't have a negative connotation.[/quote']

Thanks 4 your kind words they really helped

Really helpful subject. I am 2 months out and have lost a lot of weight (83 lbs since 1/1/13, 54 lbs since surgery). The 1st month wasn't too hard. The liquid restriction kept me full and allowed me to keep my Protein intake high. But when I was allowed to start eating solids, yikes! That has been hard. Not only do I fill up way to soon, and regret it, but I have not been satisfied either and that was a huge disappointment. That said, though I think I am learning to eat more slowly and I seem to be getting more protein in and not getting that feeling like I am going to explode. With more protein I feel more satisfied and that is good. So I hope that I am getting over the "what did I do" hump and into the this is the greatest thing ever....I have gone from a 60" waist to 48" already - woo hoo! Good luck everyone!

Really helpful subject. I am 2 months out and have lost a lot of weight (83 lbs since 1/1/13' date=' 54 lbs since surgery). The 1st month wasn't too hard. The liquid restriction kept me full and allowed me to keep my Protein intake high. But when I was allowed to start eating solids, yikes! That has been hard. Not only do I fill up way to soon, and regret it, but I have not been satisfied either and that was a huge disappointment. That said, though I think I am learning to eat more slowly and I seem to be getting more Protein in and not getting that feeling like I am going to explode. With more protein I feel more satisfied and that is good. So I hope that I am getting over the "what did I do" hump and into the this is the greatest thing ever....I have gone from a 60" waist to 48" already - woo hoo! Good luck everyone![/quote']

That's great I'm happy 4 u & I can't wait 4 the day when I say this is the best thing I could've done 4 myself also

That's great I'm happy 4 u & I can't wait 4 the day when I say this is the best thing I could've done 4 myself also

That's the day I'm waiting for! Hopefully we'll get there before we know it!

That's the day I'm waiting for! Hopefully we'll get there before we know it!

Yes I am praying 4 it 2 come soon 4 us & I also can't wait til I can swallow these Vitamins they are getting nasty and nastier every day