Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved this coming friday !

I am getting scared and anxious . I am afraid of my inability to have what I want..

I know this sounds terrible but I've said it before,

Part of the reason I had this surgery was to take my "free will away" because my choices where not good ones..

It is hard and I've had meltdowns here and there because I just WANTED something.

But this is what we signed up for.

Good luck on your travels and up coming surgery

:)

Laura

Thanks so much .. it has already been an emotional roller coaster ride .. I sure hope my family doesnt hate me after this..

Thanks so much .. it has already been an emotional roller coaster ride .. I sure hope my family doesnt hate me after this..

Why would they hate you? This is a hard journey for us.. But also for our families, they may be worried? But I'm sure they will be relieved when they see your safe and happy AND when they see you getting healthier and happier

I am sure I will be very hard to live with for awhile . I love my family but they have it in there head this surgery is all cosmetic

I have been this way for so long that I believe they think that it is in my head. I am 36 bmi and no comorbidities . But my mom had her first heart attack at 48 and I turned 40 this year . My mom has never been over weight but its hereditary and I quit smoking and I want to get weight off ao my heart doesnt have to work so hard. Also I am tired.of hating myself in pics

I have been this way for so long that I believe they think that it is in my head. I am 36 bmi and no comorbidities . But my mom had her first heart attack at 48 and I turned 40 this year . My mom has never been over weight but its hereditary and I quit smoking and I want to get weight off ao my heart doesnt have to work so hard. Also I am tired.of hating myself in pics

Lol, ok your not the fattest person in the room but you are still "morbidly obese" that should say it all right there ( I would tell them this)

I am forty six and I really felt it was a matter of time before I died from a heart attack.

I was a 40 bmi and on a low dose blood pressure meds but I felt my body breaking down everyday under the weight.. I have children (16 and 11)

And I did it so I at least have a fighting chance to see them grow up marry and have children.

Call that cosmetic if you will...

Oh and bravo on the smoking! Keep it up.

Are you going alone??

Thats exactly how I feel and thanks souch it was actually eat but gained 15 lbs I didnt need lol.. my husband is goi.g with me .. he wouldnt let me go alone .. I felt like it.may have been some good soul searching

Cosmetic Surgery? No this is about your Health end of the Story. If a person needed Heart Surgery they get it. If they have a broken arm they get it fixed. There is a need to be sensitive to your immediate family , children and explain it in such a way but don't let it deter you from accomplishing your goals. I have 5 boys and not all gave their full support but everyone has adjusted more importantly I have.

My 5 year old inspired me the most to do this surgery. I wanted to see him get married and be a Grandma to his children as well as the others. Let alone take him for walks to the park and go on his school trips. You must remind yourself of why you are doing this Surgery. And it so nice your Hubby is going with you.

Good luck wishing you a speedy Recovery!

I'm glad your husbands going with you,

It sounds like you are already doing some soul searching now, and there will be plenty of time afterwards too.

This is a very emotional journey, I told my husband EVERYTHING that was going on in my mind about this surgery. I also told him about my true relationship with food.

And prepared him for a rocky ride ahead with this process.. So when I start getting crazy he has a better understanding about where it's coming from.

Ballermom .. I feel.the same way I have 6 kids and they range in age 23 to 13 and I have a 2 yr old grand daughter I am so blessed bu..I.wan to.be healthy an enjoy seeing.pictures of my self with my family.

Laura-ven

I cant imagine going without him . We have been married for 20 years and he is my best friend in the whole world.

I am going to set him and kids down this evening and explain all to them .. oh and by yhe way this pre op diet is killing me lol

Laura-ven

I cant imagine going without him . We have been married for 20 years and he is my best friend in the whole world.

I am going to set him and kids down this evening and explain all to them .. oh and by yhe way this pre op diet is killing me lol

I'm glad you have a good support in him! My husband and I are very close and this surgery has brought us much closer.

It's a good thing to do, talking to the whole family, even if the teens seem disinterested they will be listening and better prepared :)