Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My poor experience with A Lighter Me

I had problems contacting my coordinator while in mexico (thankfully it wasn't for too serious of an issue) my issue with these coordinating companies is that they don't have people available all the time. I get they are human and need a day off or such, but the companies need to hire more people so that someone is always working. Just my two cents

I hope otheirs Learn from this

Why are people such b*****s. Everyone us allowed there opportunity to share there experience. I used the same company and know of others who have had less them stellar experiences. Would I do it again, yep. Was it 100% positive( nope) but no one has the right to attack someone else. These people don't firm personal bonds or relationships, your just a paycheck. Sorry and janese took mr money and I've never heard from her again. Not while in Mexico or even upon my return.

ok so the same doesn't go to the rest of us? Really? wow, like I've said multiple times I did not intend to upset, only to explain what happened. And yes some of these people do form personal relationships with their clients, I am one of those who was blessed with this experiance. I stand up for people when I feel they need it. Janese is very personable, but, it goes both ways... you have to be personable as well. I am done defending my comments because all of the comments berating ME are doing exactly to me what you say I was doing to dawndenise, which is unnecessary. I had my experiance and can share as I please just as Dawndenise did I already apologized for the "throwing them under the bus" statement and I truly meant it. I am 6 days post-op and all the hurtful comments from all the hypocrites are really uneeded. Thanks to those who understood my comments and liked the input I provided to the rest please leave me alone. Dawndenise once again I apologize for causing such a stir believe me I feel the backlash and definately did not intend all this.

I now declare this bridge (thread), closed.

WOW!!!! I just got sleeced by Dr. Illan and Omar was my coordinator. I had a fantabulus tine so far. Btw still here til tom. Ive had no problem with my sx or post op treatment. I went to florence oasis and the staff there were undescribable they were so awesome!!!! Never had any problem even after my recovery when i woke up i couldnt breath due to the pain and i had every single doc and nurse in there helping!!! Please make sure you are comfortable with the doc you plan on going with. They are not all whipp cream with cherries on top!!!!

First and foremost, everyone is permitted to share their personal experience on this forum. Whether you agree with it or not, it is their experience and they are welcome and encouraged to share it, whether it was positive or negative. You are welcome to disagree, but you are not welcome to be disrespectful to one another.

Next, I feel it is important to say that being a "coordinator" does not mean someone does not care about the patients they are working with. On the contrary, many of them, myself included, have gone through weight loss surgery, and after having seen the wonderful, life-changing effects it had on us, choose to pursue a career in which we can help others have similar positive outcomes. Everyone needs to make a living, if we can do so by doing something we truly enjoy, all the better. I am very concerned for my patients, I want them to succeed and am in contact with them from start to goal. So, please, do not make generalizations that all "coordinators" are in it just to make a paycheck and care nothing about the patients. There probably are bad coordinators, bankers, chefs, doctors, waitresses, dog groomers, etc. But just because one is, doesn't mean all of them are.

First and foremost' date=' everyone is permitted to share their personal experience on this forum. Whether you agree with it or not, it is their experience and they are welcome and encouraged to share it, whether it was positive or negative. You are welcome to disagree, but you are not welcome to be disrespectful to one another.

Next, I feel it is important to say that being a "coordinator" does not mean someone does not care about the patients they are working with. On the contrary, many of them, myself included, have gone through weight loss surgery, and after having seen the wonderful, life-changing effects it had on us, choose to pursue a career in which we can help others have similar positive outcomes. Everyone needs to make a living, if we can do so by doing something we truly enjoy, all the better. I am very concerned for my patients, I want them to succeed and am in contact with them from start to goal. So, please, do not make generalizations that all "coordinators" are in it just to make a paycheck and care nothing about the patients. There probably are bad coordinators, bankers, chefs, doctors, waitresses, dog groomers, etc. But just because one is, doesn't mean all of them are.[/quote']

Is there a full moon? I know the aurora borealis was flaring last night.

Next' date=' I feel it is important to say that being a "coordinator" does not mean someone does not care about the patients they are working with. On the contrary, many of them, myself included, have gone through weight loss surgery, and after having seen the wonderful, life-changing effects it had on us, choose to pursue a career in which we can help others have similar positive outcomes. Everyone needs to make a living, if we can do so by doing something we truly enjoy, all the better. I am very concerned for my patients, I want them to succeed and am in contact with them from start to goal. So, please, do not make generalizations that all "coordinators" are in it just to make a paycheck and care nothing about the patients. There probably are bad coordinators, bankers, chefs, doctors, waitresses, dog groomers, etc. But just because one is, doesn't mean all of them are.[/quote']

Susan,

I must say that if the OP were your client and had an issue, I have faith that you would of handled it in a much more professional matter..

My issue is with the coordinators that some of them hang out here obviously selling their doctors while posing as a patient. And contribute nothing more to this site beyond their "wonderful experience"

The op should not be intimidated into not posting her experience.

Having people attack her is not cool.

Problems happen, things go wrong.

How they are handled is the most important thing at the end of the day.

Susan' date='

I must say that if the OP was your client and had an issue, I have faith that you would of handled it in a much more professional matter..

My issue is with the coordinators that some of them hang out here obviously selling their doctors while posing as a patient. And contribute nothing more to this site beyond their "wonderful experience"

The op should not be intimidated into not posting her experience.

Having people attack her is not cool.

Problems happen, things go wrong.

How they are handled is the most important thing at the end of the day.

[/quote']

Thank you, Laura.

We also do our best to address the issue of coordinators who pose as patients, but it is difficult for us to "catch" all of them without the help of our members. If you suspect someone is doing this, please let us know.

We encourage people to share their personal experiences. We want to make sure our members have as much information available to them as possible so they can make informed decisions. No one should ever be attacked for sharing their experience, good, bad or otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I agree.. There are some superior Cordinators that go way beyond the normal call of their job requirements. Fortunately, I had one nd still in contact with her today nd plan on returning to visit.

Research is the key to getting what you want.

Now, I know some say the thread is dead... But I just got here and have to add my two cents. I wasn't aware anyone was ever sent to the hotel with a drain and I know my doc doesn't do that. If a drain is necessary then it means you remain in hospital care. If the drain is leaking then it is either full (probmatic in many ways) and needs emptying, the tubing/incision is in need of care or there's a malfunction in the equipment.

The OP.. Had legit concerns and I'm glad she shared them.

People.. Research the docs you consider as well as the company and ask about more than just the price. Most of us have wonderful experiences down there and will gladly answer your questions.

Abraham was an AWESOME driver and resource person' date=' I can not believe your negativity toward the company! my God! Abraham is right the drain site does leak, and you were told before you left the hospital that you had to change the dressing... Anyways, I'm sorry you are so dissappointed and having such a hard time, but really to throw them under the bus is disgusting and shame on you. BTW Janese was on a plane during the time frame you are talking about, so maybe find out more info before you shoot someone down so quickly, you are not able to take or return phone calls on planes... This company cares greatly about thier patients and I had a FANTASTIC experiance with them.[/quote']

I would love to know how you know she was on a plane at the same exact time.. Especially after the coordinator told her something different...lol all lies

P.S gettinsleeved, you will still have a lot of patients even though one patient voiced negativity. What you should do is learn from your mistake and be better next time around not pretend that you're a patient that had a great experience. Shame on you!!!

I will now ad my two cents worth in also because on May the 8th, I will be having surgery with the same doctors, cordinator (Janese) and company A Lighter ME. Does this concern me? You bet it does. I have worked in hospitals for years in ICU. I believe this lady had every right to be concerned about her health and well being.

I would have been very upset and scared. As a patient, you are in another world. You are by yourself and most of us have no ideal what comes next other than reading people's experiences good or bad. It is hard enough researching and endless reading to make sure that you have chosen the right company and doctor. This is our life that we are putting into another's hands. This is a very serious surgery not a pedicure as someone stated.

I was going through another company at first but after talking to Janese, changed my mind because of trusting that doctor Lopez was best suited for my surgery. I researched his credentials and due to his experience,I felt that I would be more comfortable with him. I canceled my appointment with no problems with a full refund in order to go with what I feel, is the best choice.

I totally agree with this patient about her concerns. So far my experience with Janese has been a good one. She always gets back to me promptly . I would feel better knowing that, if I have problem as serious as that. I would be able to contact the person that I corresponded with from the beginning. The person, meaning the cordinator that I am trusting with my life. I understand that we do not know our coordinators personally, how ever, I expect my cordinator to treat us all like they would want to be treated when going to a country that you are hearing bad reviews about constantly.

We as patients have to be concerned about issues like crossing the border to start with. Concerns about the doctors we put our life in the hands of. Is the hospital equipped enough to take care of complications. Can our Mexican nurses understand us when we tell them how bad we hurt or what is going on with our body. If we start bleeding profusely. So many issues here.

I feel so bad for that lady. I cannot imagine how she felt. As far as the Mexican cordinator goes, she only met him for a short period of time. She did not have time to build a rapport with him like she did with Janese over a period of months. My suggestion to help keep this companies good standards would be to have another cordinator to handle their case load when not available and to stay in contact with that patient until they arrive safely at home.

As I stated, my experience has been very good with Janese. She has been on top of any questions or needs that I might have. I have been talking with her for about three weeks. I have sent in my questionnaires and my deposit. I am looking forward to the rest of my journey with this company. I am a firm believer about all on this sight should talk about their experience good or bad. We are here to help support each other. We are here to make sure that everyone has a good experience by telling our story. I thank this lady with all my heart for sharing her story. For me, I pray to have an successful journey to a life of freedom from aches and pains from being over weight. Thanks to all of you for voiceing your opinion and stories. It has helped ease my worries of this surgery.

This surprises me. I am here now and the experience with Janese and Abraham has been nothing short of perfect. In fact my drain was taken out after my shower today by Jessica the nurse. She then gave me gauze to change today once arrived at the Marriott. Did you not get your package to take??? All gauze and tape in there. Further dr Ortiz just left my room. He came to the hotel!!!! He was checking on all his patients to day. I would recommend lighter me. I have heard horror stories from OCC and meet 5 people with their drains still in today. They go back tmr to get them out! Of course each person has a different story. Count on me to giving a glowing reference. Far exceeded my thoughts.