Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My poor experience with A Lighter Me

What is the name of the doctor who did your surgery?

Officially will never go to Mexico for surgery. Wow- so sorry to hear about this. Get back home to see another doctor ASAP

Due to one experience with one company?

I had some communication issues with r4ac the day prior to surgery (coordinator had the day off so it took several hrs to get ahold of her) but I was well taken care of by the coordinators once I had surgery. I've read other negative things about ALM which made me choose r4ac. I paid the last 4200 the day I checked into the hospital

And yes take your own bandages' date=' neosporin, antispetic spray and tape. What they sent me out of the hospital with was laughable at best. And when the dr came to the hotel to take the staples out he had no supplies other then gloves and the tool to remove the staples thankfully I had all the bandages etc with me[/quote']

Thank you! My friend here is a pharmacist so ill ask her to make me up a care package lol

????

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I read another very disturbing review of A Lighter Me/ Dr. Lopez/hospital issue yesterday, and it really helped me take them off the table as an option for VSG. I pray for your speedy recovery and your safe return. Please keep us up to date as to the "end" of your story.

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lopez, Dr. Ortiz, Abraham, and Eduardo! Dr. Ortiz came to my room, took care of my drain, told me how to take care if it. He was VERY professional. And everyone I encountered was so professional and treated me like I was a princess! I will NEVER regret going to Mexico or going through A Lighter Me. One persons experience doesn't put in stone how a Dr is or a coordinator. Anytime I needed one of them they were right there. I was very well taken care of.

I had some communication issues with r4ac the day prior to surgery (coordinator had the day off so it took several hrs to get ahold of her) but I was well taken care of by the coordinators once I had surgery. I've read other negative things about ALM which made me choose r4ac. I paid the last 4200 the day I checked into the hospital

And yes take your own bandages' date=' neosporin, antispetic spray and tape. What they sent me out of the hospital with was laughable at best. And when the dr came to the hotel to take the staples out he had no supplies other then gloves and the tool to remove the staples thankfully I had all the bandages etc with me[/quote']

Wow with the OCC and dr Ortiz they don't send u to the hotel with staples nor do they have u clean your own wounds...

There dissolved stitches

Wow with the OCC and dr Ortiz they don't send u to the hotel with staples nor do they have u clean your own wounds...

Yeah they do the dissolvable stitches on the inside of the incisions and staples on the out. I liked that they did it that way because then you are guaranteed to have a dr come check on you at the hotel and answer any last questions or concerns.

I was just surprised the dr didn't have all the bandage supplies he needed. He did have the steri strips thankfully lol

Yeah they do the dissolvable stitches on the inside of the incisions and staples on the out. I liked that they did it that way because then you are guaranteed to have a dr come check on you at the hotel and answer any last questions or concerns.

Bugger - I was told they just do staples - I'm allergic to the dissolvable sutchers ... My body rejects them

Bugger - I was told they just do staples - I'm allergic to the dissolvable sutchers ... My body rejects them

Hmm may want to double check that. When the doc took my staples out he specifically not to worry because they had internal stitches. On a random side note I talked to a girl while at MiDoctor who had the surgery a few months ago ànd she said that the internal stitches "pop" and that when they did it was painful. I haven't heard that anywhere else and have wondered if its true- it made me super paranoid lol

I have NEVER heard of that either hahaha

When I had my breast reduction they got infected and daily for over a month I'd have to pull them out .. Little 1 cm stitches would work their way out through a few select holes. It would start to close then I'd feel a sharp prick under the scab that would fill with pus until I dug it out ... Maybe if the stitches are not on the top and only internal it will be ok? Worst case ill have scar tissue in my belly button... My boobs didn't fall off they eventually closed up lol

I have NEVER heard of that either hahaha

When I had my breast reduction they got infected and daily for over a month I'd have to pull them out .. Little 1 cm stitches would work their way out through a few select holes. It would start to close then I'd feel a sharp prick under the scab that would fill with pus until I dug it out ... Maybe if the stitches are not on the top and only internal it will be ok? Worst case ill have scar tissue in my belly button... My boobs didn't fall off they eventually closed up lol

Yowza! That's no bueno. Which dr are you going with?

Thats too bad... Sorry your experience was not good..:(

I used Ready4Achange.com and was treated very well, no issues at all, they were first class, good communication and they provided tons of aftercare and supplies

Doesn't ALM have a coordinator in Mexico that should be checking on you? Eduardo I think is who they use. I used a different company, but I had Christy checking on my by phone from the States, and Daniel was my coordinator in Mexico who checked on me daily and made sure I got everywhere I needed to be. But I haven't read where you have made mention of a coordinator right there in Mexico taking care of you. OP, please check in with us and let us know how you are doing. I've been thinking about you all night.

ALSO, for everyone asking about sutures/wound care. My coordinator told me ahead of time to expect to care for my own wounds while in the hotel and to bring or purchase in Mexico some bandaids/bandages/tape/peroxide. While at MiDoctor the nurses and doctors cared for my wounds and upon discharge, the doctor explained how to care for my wounds. I was told to only keep the wound where he just pulled the drain from covered for a few days until it stopped oozing. I was also instructed NOT to cover the other incisions after my shower the next morning (that would be the third day) and just wear a loose clean cotton shirt while at the hotel. I was instructed to simply take a warm shower daily and wash all my wounds with soap and Water and make sure they all dry well after the shower and to use a clean towel each day. I was told I can put a dab of peroxide if I wanted but that it wasn't really necessary. I was told specifically NOT to use antibiotic ointment because they wanted the wounds to be dry and the ointment would be wet. My guess is that it all depends on what stage of healing and how they closed the incisions. I was an extremely fast healer and my incisions (except where he pulled out the drain of course) were all healed by the time I left the hospital.. perhaps if they were not yet healed, he would have given me different instructions though.

I did not have staples, I had dissolvable internal sutures and then the outside was glued. A few of the dissolvable sutures poked out and I tugged gently and just pulled them out. I didn't feel any popping.. though when it poked though I felt a little pricking sensation.

Im sorry you are going through this, that is not good of them at all.

As to the dont go to Mexico for surgery, you are an idiot. I was banded by Dr.A Ortiz 4.5 years ago and was sleeved by Dr.Aceves March 22/13. Both experiences I was treated amazing and the follow up was great. With Dr.Aceves I have emailed a few questions since surgery and had them reply promptly and had exceptional care at the hospital. I actually went to Dr.Aceves because of the 3 day hospital stay so I wouldnt be sent to a hotel.

I do hope the rest of your recovery is smooth sailing.