Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My poor experience with A Lighter Me

Where is this story???

I don't know who is speaking negative about Dr. Lopez and A Lighter Me, but I feel that I chose the best company and doctor. I had no pain, no sickness and no complications at all. I had very good support. Yes, I was scared but doctor Lopez's anesthesiologist comforted me and assured me that I was in very good hands and I was. I went off pain meds the next morning. My choice, also the nurses were very attentive and most of all very caring. This is not a popularity contest. This is my story. I am very happy with my results, post op 9 wks now and 43 pounds gone. Thanks to "A Lighter Me" and a very good doctor Lopez.

I went to the sAme hospital and Ronda was my coordinator and Abrham was my driver, my experience was awesome. I'm sorry yours was terrible. I've also had a lot of questions since being home, and every question is answered promptly.

Those who had great experiences do realize that those who did not are allowed to share their subpar experience without interference, right? The same applies on the flip side.

I had some communication issues with r4ac the day prior to surgery (coordinator had the day off so it took several hrs to get ahold of her) but I was well taken care of by the coordinators once I had surgery. I've read other negative things about ALM which made me choose r4ac. I paid the last 4200 the day I checked into the hospital

And yes take your own bandages' date=' neosporin, antispetic spray and tape. What they sent me out of the hospital with was laughable at best. And when the dr came to the hotel to take the staples out he had no supplies other then gloves and the tool to remove the staples thankfully I had all the bandages etc with me[/quote']

Thanks for the info I'm using ready for change good to know what to bring

I was looking for the other negative experience story that someone had mentioned, as that was my purpose in replying directly with that specific quote. I went through with my surgery with ALM and today am 2 months postop. The only negative thing I can say about my experience was I had a moderate to severe bleed that continued for 24 hours before the sweet young nurse finally addressed it after the other nurses kept telling me it was normal. I am a RN and have supervised an entire hospital so I knew losing that much blood every 1-2 hours was not normal but I was not symptomatic of hypovolemia/anemia or I would've demanded earlier treatment. I was finally after 24 hours given clotting agents to counteract the bleed and the blood thinner that had previously been given. I had no problems contacting Janese and was even given her personal cell phone number to contact as I had tried calling a few days prior to surgery and didn't receive a return call until the next day as she was on vacation day the previous day, but I was able to go through the main ALM number and speak with Rhonda who was able to answer my questions. I would give my experience a 4 out of 5 only because of the bleed and the delay from the other nurses. The dr's and drivers and almost everyone was absolutely wonderful and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. I have lost a total of 60lbs and feel great!

I'm going to Tijuana aug 4th , going thru r4ac dr Garcia staying at Marriott .im a paramedic and my wife in a nurse we may have this covered. But. I was under the understanding that a nurse would change dressing and A Dr would handle the rest. May pack a small kit just in case.

Perhaps this is one of those Aussie-American things - where we think that because we speak the same language we should understand each other, but we just don't - but I don't get why any poster would go raving on about their doctor unless they were being paid to do so. It sounds - to my ears at least - disingenuous.

Surely a simple "sorry to hear of your bad experience, mine was good" is enough to balance the record, if you feel that's necessary.

I had a very good experience with my doctor, but not in a month of Sundays would I describe him as "awesome"... and he'd probably be completely creeped out if i did.

Perhaps this is one of those Aussie-American things - where we think that because we speak the same language we should understand each other' date=' but we just don't - but I don't get why any poster would go raving on about their doctor unless they were being paid to do so. It sounds - to my ears at least - disingenuous.

Surely a simple "sorry to hear of your bad experience, mine was good" is enough to balance the record, if you feel that's necessary.

I had a very good experience with my doctor, but not in a month of Sundays would I describe him as "awesome"... and he'd probably be completely creeped out if i did.[/quote']

You have to bear in mind that this site (and essentially all the VSG forum sites) are run by employees of these companies. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about how that affects reviews.

Perhaps this is one of those Aussie-American things - where we think that because we speak the same language we should understand each other' date=' but we just don't - but I don't get why any poster would go raving on about their doctor unless they were being paid to do so. It sounds - to my ears at least - disingenuous.

I had a very good experience with my doctor, but not in a month of Sundays would I describe him as "awesome"... and he'd probably be completely creeped out if i did.[/quote']

Funny you should say that!

I was just looking for a thread that a woman told us honestly that the companies offer a kickback to the patients if they bring in more patients.

That why, I believe some people on the self-pay forum (NOT ALL) are waking infomercials.. they post nothing that doesn't include a plug for their coordinator and surgeon.

I know of at least one doctor that has his people read this section so they can keep tabs (HI :P)

Don't believe everything you read is all I can say..

Oh and I'm American :D

Sharing all the deets is very important when venturing to another country as there are more potential unknowns. And my surgeon was awesome. I enjoyed my experience as much as one can enjoy surgery. Perhaps it's because I was so anxious about leaving "home" and having surgery in Mx?

The only bonus I get from sharing my story is knowing I've helped someone feel better and more comfortable about going to Dr. Aceves.

But knowing that some get compensated for referrals does take something away from the sharing of experiences. Just like coordinators misrepresenting themselves as patients.

You have to bear in mind that this site (and essentially all the VSG forum sites) are run by employees of these companies. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about how that affects reviews.

This site is founded and ran by Alex Brecher. He founded all of the WLS Boards sites after having lap band surgery years ago when there were no other such sites and he wanted a place to communicate with others who had also had the same surgery. He is not an employee of any doctors or companies. He did, however, also start MySurgeryOptions.com recently.

Well not all WLS boards. He started all the "talk" boards, Lapbandtalk, etc.

he didn't start Obesity Help.

Alex is great! I love that he makes himself so accessible to all of us when we have questions.

Those who had great experiences do realize that those who did not are allowed to share their subpar experience without interference, right? The same applies on the flip side.

Yes, I do know that. We are not here to make them money. We are here to tell our story so these new people can decide for them self which one would be best for them. Helping one another is the topic here.