Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel terrible on day 4. I can't get comfortable. Trouble getting Protein in. Feeling hot but don't have a fever. Nauseousness comes and goes. Am I the only whiny baby? Seems like every one does so well.

Nope, you are not the only one who didn't breeze through. You aren't a whiny baby, you just had major surgery and at 4 days out, it's pretty normal to feel bad. I felt drained for the first six weeks. I can remember needing to rest after a shower, and thinking I might not make it through! Take it easy, get lots of rest, and work on getting those fluids in! Hope you feel better. Oh, and take your pain meds if you need them.

Like MichiganChic said, you just had major surgery. Only worry how you are doing and don't compare. Listen to your body. Get as much rest as you can and sip, sip, sip. Sipping is a full time job and it is tiring. It will get better. But do try and get your Protein in, it will help more than you can imagine.

Have you tried Isopure drinks? Far and away the easiest way to get that Protein and liquid in at the same time. All sorts of flavors. 2 grams of protein per oz! I thought the grape was the best but there are plenty to choose from.

Speedy recovery to you. In a couple of weeks, you will be so glad you did this. :)

I feel terrible on day 4. I can't get comfortable. Trouble getting Protein in. Feeling hot but don't have a fever. Nauseousness comes and goes. Am I the only whiny baby? Seems like every one does so well.

I was sleeved 2/25 and have been lurking on this site since. While I've learned some great things from everyone and found a lot of posts super helpful but I was so surprised how different my recovery was going compared to a lot of people. I did not have an easy recovery and I regretted my sleeve up til about 2 weeks ago.

I was so sick in the hospital, I had to stay extra days, so on my day four I wasn't even home yet. Once I got home I was nauseous and could barely move. After the nauseous stage, I moved to an extreme heartburn stage, then on to a depression stage, all while seriously regretting my sleeve. My body didn't feel like my own and I cried almost daily. I felt guilty that I was putting my husband through this hell and I thought I would never have my life back. People would ask me how much weight I lost and I didn't even know because I cared so little about my weight loss. I felt too terrible to care. Then something happened. I woke up one day about 2 weeks ago and everything was different. I felt good. I had some energy , I wanted to go to the gym and actually talk to people. Since that day, everyday has been better then the one before.....

I've lost 35 lbs since surgery for a total of 65. I no longer regret my sleeve and can now imagine living the rest of my life this way. I can honestly say I'm happy now. Sorry this post was so long but I wanted you to know that recovery isn't easy for everyone but it will get better. I know it might not feel like it now and might not for a little while longer, but It will!

Good luck!!

You are not a whiny baby at all! You're 4 days out! I felt like complete crap for about 3 weeks. The people I had surgery with felt fine by day 3. Not me. Not everyone has an easy recovery. It will pass. I hope you feel better soon!

I also suffered issues in the hospital and had to stay longer. I was finally discharged on my 4th day. I felt like something was wrong with me because I read everyone's posts about had they had no pain, no need for pain meds, and were out shopping 2 days later. I have always bounced back pretty quick with all of my other surgeries so my expectations were this surgery would be easy. WRONG! All I could think was "what the hell is wrong with me?!" I am a little over 3 weeks out and although it's hard to realize it now it does get easier everyday that passes. Don't beat yourself up about not feeling as good as you think you should by now. It WILL get better!

My first 4 days were awful. Day 5 was better but not normal. I am now 3.5 weeks out and feel normal. Those 4 days for me were rough. Just remember each day slowly gets better. Soon it will just be a memory.

You big baby!! It's ok to whine you'll feel like you just got hit by a bus it does get better give your body a few days to recover..

You are doing so good......4 days out and not knowing what the future holds for you is scary.... Take it one day at a time and it does get better each day. try to get your Water in and if that's really a struggle, mix some low calorie g2 gatorade with it and it will be easier to get your fluids in......It's ok to be scared and feel like a BIG BABY.....we've all felt that way. I had thoughts after my surgery of Did I do the right thing? OMG, what have I done.....At tat moment I decided to move on and take it one day at a time..... You've got this and it does get better.....especially when your cloths start falling off because they are way toooooo biggggg for ya! :) Welcome to your journey to skinniness! :P

Houston17

sorry you are feeling so bad :(

uncomfortable, nauseous, hot - side effects that do happen to MANY :angry:

you are not alone in the boat - many people are next to you hoping they don't sink or fall overboard :o

sure many OP say "i feel great, no probs - running around, back to work in 3 days et al)

I was one of those lucky ones

for right now, don't worry about getting in lots of protein

concentrate on drinking as much as you can - thats essential :)

i will echo what others say - "it does get better" :)

feel better

try and keep your chin up :)

take care

good luck

we're all rooting for you :)

Thanks guys! I feel better reading all of your post and knowing that I'm not alone. Boy, this is hard! I can't wait for this to just be a memory! :)