Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamix blender

Hey there I'm thinking of buying a blender/juicer for my pre and post op diets. I like the vitamix but really want to be able to juice fruits and veggies. Anyone have one and can you juice with it

love love love love love my Vitamix! It is not an extraction type juicer. The vitamix means you eat the good Fiber (which we really need now). it pulverizes anything, especially ice. Best kitchen gadget investment I've ever made.

Cool, is this the model they are always demoing at costco?

Cool, is this the model they are always demoing at costco?

yes. I think they have a knock-off model as well but I have seen the Vitamix demos there. I seriously bought like 3 different $100 blenders before I bought my Vitamix (I think it's around $400) and it was sooo worth it. Wish I would have just bought it to start and skipped the $100 ones. I've had it about 12 years and use it regularly--never had an issue. Really helped get me thru the puree stage and it's awesome for Protein shakes, or making a SF slushee, etc. It makes good Soup and salsa too.

yes. I think they have a knock-off model as well but I have seen the Vitamix demos there. I seriously bought like 3 different 100 blenders before I bought my Vitamix (I think it's around 400) and it was sooo worth it. Wish I would have just bought it to start and skipped the 100 ones. I've had it about 12 years and use it regularly--never had an issue. Really helped get me thru the puree stage and it's awesome for Protein shakes' date=' or making a SF slushee, etc. It makes good Soup and salsa too.[/quote']

Excellent! Thanks for the info. Eventually I will get tired of per made veggie powders and will want to make my own green drink from a billion fruits and veggies. For now, I will let someone else do the hard work of getting all the ingredients. :)

I bought one too preop and I love it!!! Went through QVC on easy pay. Make nut butters, chopped chicken, shakes, kids make stuff too. You won't be disappointed!

costco has the real one.. it's part of their road show demos They wanted 500 for it last time I was there.. I decided to go the magic bullet route. Just can't spend that much for a blender that in all reality I won't use that much.. plus we already have a ninja and food processor when we got married.

It is pretty nice though.

LOVE my Vitamix! One of the best investments I ever made!

Can I say thy blendtec is a mighty blender as well.right up there with the vitamix (mine was 499 - designer series) and is pretty amazing. Much smaller than the vitamix too and fits under the counter. Also, and this is personal, but I love that it doesn't look like it came from the 70's.

Love my blendtec.

I have that and 2 juicers. A brevillea for days I don't want to stand around forever and an Omega 8004 for when I have time. . The juice from the Omega is much better and it does much better job with greens. The juice from the grevillea is almost grainy and has a lot I air bubbles in it.

Love them all for different purposes tho.

Vita-mix is so ugly but, I LOVE IT!

As a veteran starbucks worker (12 years) I have to say that I LOVE both vitamix and blendtech blenders. We started off with blendtech and switched over to vitamix eventually. You know if starbucks invests in it, then it is a good product.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I will grab a vitamix ASAP! I start my preop diet on April 24th and surgery is May 6th. Trying to get the house ready for the big change! There are a few different models guessing I should just invest in the professional I can't really tell a difference between them .

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I will grab a vitamix ASAP! I start my preop diet on April 24th and surgery is May 6th. Trying to get the house ready for the big change! There are a few different models guessing I should just invest in the professional I can't really tell a difference between them .

The latest one I got fits under cabinets. It just has a shorter/chunkier top.

Vitamix!!!!