Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bizarre trend?

Just an opinion here, but I think that the people who possibly regret VSG are people who cannot commit to a different life style and who are probably now gaining. I was sleeved march 18th and of course there was a few days after coming home that head hunger got the best of me and I thought gosh what have I done to myself. But it gets easier everyday! I can look at food that I loved so much and turn my nose at it because I know just how sick it would make me. How do you regret watching the numbers on the scale go down? Or all the energy from not over loading your body with greasy fat foods? I am a new sleever and I know I have a long road ahead of me. I know that I will have to make some hard choices, but I also know that one day I will be able to figure out how to create my favorite meals in a healthier fashion and I won't feel as if I have missed out on anything!

I look at it like this, people said they regretted getting married! I still chose to get married. Not everyone experience is the same. But if you give up because of someone else's experience you will never know if it would have worked for you!

The docs. are part to blame it's fast money and they are dropping standards to make it "easy". if you are not in bad enough shape that you do not care about the pain because it will be no worse than everyday is fat then you should think hard about walking away. This is not easy and should be a last resort not a face lift.

Yes it was my last resort, my last chance I am older but my youngest child is only eleven I want the chance to be there when he grows up and I want to be there when he gets married and has children.. Hopefully I have a better chance of that now...

I have also noticed people who really' date=' really regret it speaking out, but I wonder if it seems like a lot because once someone says something, others with the same thoughts chime in. It's also different from the norm we see a lot of here - people with good results who are happy. This got me thinking, and I looked at Alex's poll. If the poll results are any indication of the general concencus from the boards, I'm thinking it might not be a trend at all. The overwhelming majority would do it again. Check out the latest poll results[/quote']

Lol I know the one vote for no they wouldn't get it again

PdxMan - that is the best news I have heard in a LONG time. Thank you. That really gives me hope and something to look forward to! I will be at the 6 mos mark on April 22... I *can* eat SMALL amounts of salad... still don't eat beef... chicken breast is too tough, so I eat boneless skinless thighs and turkey... I am just hoping to not have eating be a CHORE. I don't have to ENJOY eating anymore, but I shouldn't dread it either.

I regret it every day! I regret being more healthy and fitting into smaller clothes! I regret the fact that my neck is now visible. I regret that it's easier to walk and I regret that I added ten to fifteen years to my life. . . Man food is WAY more important then all that! I'm so ungrateful!

Yeah, that was the good news ... now, for the bad news ... at one year, you may begin to throw caution to the wind and wish some foods were not as easy to go down. At least, that is my experience from reading threads from folks 1+ years out. They are amazed at how much they can eat without difficulty, but admit they don't follow the guidelines. So, for some folks, this is their magic time to get their best weight loss results because of the difficulty. I still follow the guidelines pretty closely and have been able to maintain, I believe, because of this. I accept this as being how my body communicates with me now. When I am full, it is uncomfortable. That is a good thing. Some folks will cry out, "IT HURTS WHEN I GET FULL!!" Uh ... and ...

I regret it every day! I regret being more healthy and fitting into smaller clothes! I regret the fact that my neck is now visible. I regret that it's easier to walk and I regret that I added ten to fifteen years to my life. . . Man food is WAY more important then all that! I'm so ungrateful!

"Man food" ???

Hehehe...

I have been noticing this trend too. As a pre-sleever i have to admit i have been staying off the forum more than usual because i keep reading regrets. I am in this and keeping my mind positive and dont want to be scared out of doing it. I am thinking that some people have a lack of education going into it and afterwards as well. I couldn't imagine doing this without the support of the bariatric team for the weeks/months before surgery' date=' and i would be so scared afterwards if i had not a clue what to post op. I myself have educated my self as much as possible before making a final decision and i am ready to go for it! I am sick of fighting this life long battle and looking forward to the new me. I go to pre-op support groups and hear the good, bad and ugly from both post sleevers and post RNY-ers. I am happy with my decision to have VSG and look at it as the most positive decision i have made in my adult life.[/quote']

Hi Jenny

I feel the same way too. I realize for me it's going to be a tool & being positive is so important. This Saturday I'm going to the WSL seminar, it's mandatory before having a consult, I'm very excited. I'm so done with this battle. I've being doing a lot of research & it helped me to finally helped me to decide to start my journey.

I want send you positive vibes & I also want to wish all the best on your WLS.

Jeannette

This is where comas work wonders lol man, food is way blah blah blah

I tried everything else.

This is where comas work wonders lol man' date=' food is way blah blah blah[/quote']

Comas?? Lol!! Yes you could lose (or is it loose) a lot of weight that way! :P

Hijacking my own thread! Man, I have no self control!

I've been noticing it too. Of course I expect that someone who has serious complications might regret the surgery, but I've been seeing it from those who regret it because they aren't losing fast enough, miss eating, hate that they don't enjoy food anymore, feel hungry all the time, think they can eat too much, hate chewing their food, etc... Most of the regrets I'm seeing lately seem to stem from folks not psychologically dealing with being sleeved.

I would do it again a thousand times. I've had a few dry heaves and only minor discomfort if I eat too fast. I love the fact that I don't plan my day around what I will eat. I'm down 30 lbs in 35 days. Feel better than I've ever felt in my life. Oh and I'm off all BP and diabetic meds too.

from someone 5 minutes ago;

"Nope. I put my life at risk and now my marriage is at risk. Not worth it. .... "

And someone answering her;

"I agree 100%...I regret it every day. I think you & me are the only two on this thread that said no!"