Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Thanks Robin, that's exactly what I was looking for. I just didn't know how to search for it.

Thank you!

Well, got my fill on Tuesday, and I feel like it is already helping! I am also back on track with making Protein a priority.

I had a really frustrating day though. First I get to Denver, and Super shuttle makes me wait 45 minutes, and then I find out that my 1:45 appt is really at 2 because Dr. K had surgery in the morning. So my 2:15 pick up time isn't going to work, and they refuse to send someone else to pick me up! So by the time I got to the medical center, I was stuck trying to find a way back to the airport. They were so sweet at the office and let me use a computer. I ended up having to take a cab. But I used Union taxis because they only charged abt $43. Anyway, after all the fuss, I ended up being done with my appointment at 2:12 so the pick up time would have worked anyway!!! AAARRRRGGG!!!!:thumbup:

Well, at least I have my fill now, and am going to be losing again. Dr. was very good about making sure I wasn't filled too much, because I was really stressed about having that nightmare happen again. Now I feel like I can handle my fill without any problems. Thank goodness for fills!!!

I got a fill on Friday...my first since May. Dr. K was great as usual, and gave me a bit of a hard time for putting off the fill I knew I needed. It's stupid really, living so close to his office and not taking advantage of it. The fill knocked me off my plateau, so I'm excited again.

I got a fill on Friday...my first since May. Dr. K was great as usual, and gave me a bit of a hard time for putting off the fill I knew I needed. It's stupid really, living so close to his office and not taking advantage of it. The fill knocked me off my plateau, so I'm excited again.

I'm afraid he's going to kick my butt! I haven't been in for a fill in over a year! I'm going next week! ARGH! Now, I'm afraid! Very afraid!

Well, got my fill on Tuesday, and I feel like it is already helping! I am also back on track with making Protein a priority.

I had a really frustrating day though. First I get to Denver, and Super shuttle makes me wait 45 minutes, and then I find out that my 1:45 appt is really at 2 because Dr. K had surgery in the morning. So my 2:15 pick up time isn't going to work, and they refuse to send someone else to pick me up! So by the time I got to the medical center, I was stuck trying to find a way back to the airport. They were so sweet at the office and let me use a computer. I ended up having to take a cab. But I used Union taxis because they only charged abt $43. Anyway, after all the fuss, I ended up being done with my appointment at 2:12 so the pick up time would have worked anyway!!! AAARRRRGGG!!!!:biggrin:

Well, at least I have my fill now, and am going to be losing again. Dr. was very good about making sure I wasn't filled too much, because I was really stressed about having that nightmare happen again. Now I feel like I can handle my fill without any problems. Thank goodness for fills!!!

I wish I had known - I'm off and I would have been more than willing to come and get you. Please call me next time and if I'm off, I'll be there!

I hope your new fill works like a charm!

Today is my 2 - Year Bandiversary!

I just wanted to pause to thank Dr K for granting me a new chance for a better life.

I do not take lightly the fact that I was such a high risk patient, but yet Dr K recognized the urgency in getting me banded as I desired.

My life changed that day forever and I will always be grateful to God and to Dr K. I prayed for a way out of the pain I felt daily from being so obese and the doors were opened before me.

Here we are! Dr K and Dee~

post-224851-13813139087646_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Dee!!!! What a milestone! Dr. Kirshenbaum has helped so many of us! Congratulations again!!!

Thank Marie!

Doesn't it feel amazing to reach these milestones?

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Dee - You couldn't look happier in this photo! I hope that you found Dr. K. to be receptive to the surgery that you underwent - there are good doctors to be found anywhere in the world - you just have to find them. We have been blessed indeed!

Just popping on to say my MIL passed away a couple of weeks ago (Jan 27).

We had to make a quick trip (9 days) to MI/OH for the funeral. This was the first time I have gone back home since my banding and not gained weight. Of course, I was sick for 5 of the 9 days we were gone.... I barely ate or drank anything those days.

It is so strange..... I really hated having her in my life and my home..... but it is hard to believe she is gone now. :cursing:

Thankfully, Kayleigh handled this whole thing quite well (she has already claimed Judy's bedroom as her own). Kids.....

I have a few ladies in my support group that went to Dr. Kirshenbaum. They liked him and are doing great. Personally I don't think you can get a better surgeon that Michael Snyder, but I could be just a little prejudice. ;-) Good luck with your descision!

Hi Julie,

I am sorry to hear of your MIL's death. Even though it was expected, and you had so much stress in your life when she was with you; it is still the loss of a parent. That is a life-event and I wish you and your hubbie and daughter the best.

I have a few ladies in my support group that went to Dr. Kirshenbaum. They liked him and are doing great. Personally I don't think you can get a better surgeon that Michael Snyder, but I could be just a little prejudice. ;-) Good luck with your descision!

Support is important after bariatric surgery no matter who does your surgery. I'm happy to hear that they found support there. Everyone has a personal opinion regarding their particular surgeon the important thing is that everyone has a good outcome!!

Julie, sorry about your mother in law. I hope your husband is handling it ok.

When are we all going to get together again? My hubby gave me a prize for hitting the 70 pound mark and I want to show it off.

Today is my 2 - Year Bandiversary!

I just wanted to pause to thank Dr K for granting me a new chance for a better life.

I do not take lightly the fact that I was such a high risk patient, but yet Dr K recognized the urgency in getting me banded as I desired.

My life changed that day forever and I will always be grateful to God and to Dr K. I prayed for a way out of the pain I felt daily from being so obese and the doors were opened before me.

Here we are! Dr K and Dee~

Dee, congrats on your two year bandiversary! You and Dr. K both look so happy. You are an inspiration, keep up the great work!!!:angry:

Just popping on to say my MIL passed away a couple of weeks ago (Jan 27).

We had to make a quick trip (9 days) to MI/OH for the funeral. This was the first time I have gone back home since my banding and not gained weight. Of course, I was sick for 5 of the 9 days we were gone.... I barely ate or drank anything those days.

It is so strange..... I really hated having her in my life and my home..... but it is hard to believe she is gone now. :hurray:

Thankfully, Kayleigh handled this whole thing quite well (she has already claimed Judy's bedroom as her own). Kids.....

Julie, I'm very sorry about your MIL. This whole series of events must have been so stressful for you. Wishing you a better 2010 so you can focus on just you for a while.