Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I made christmas goal plus two down a total of 17 lbs

Don't you just love a good plastic surgeon? They are truly artists. Wait untl the day that he marks your body! It's an art form. Dr S went into trance and was so focused. I am so looking forward to seeing how you love your new body!

We can be TT/Brachioplasty sisters! Here are some pictures of my arms, before and after. 27inches off the left and 26 off the right! I took this at 2 weeks post op! I'm very swollen and please pardon the "back fat" -- my daughter and I call it the "backfat alert" -- I hate that!

Dee I thought of you instantly when I was being photographed. It was awesome, just awesome. I can not wait and can imagine the level of excitement prior to my surgeries.

I want to tell you all one thing....those of you who know my story know the very first doctor I saw was a nightmare. He tried to talk me into having a gastric bypass. He then yelled at me and said if my husband was not supportive, he would not do the procedure. He further said I was too big for his table. Room 130. He is no longer doing bypass surgeries. He was head of the department for that at a hospital here in Florida that no longer does those surgeries. I have no idea where he moved to since 2006. BUT, guess what room the plastic surgeon I just saw was in? Right oh! Same location as the first one I saw. 130. Talk about going full circle.

My husband and son were so excited, but being he men they were just going to drive me there because of my weakened state...right? Son and hubby were in the waiting room when I came out. We left, in the hallway I was almost doing cartwheels..almost. But they both were really happy in an about as excited as they can get without giggling like school girls. OH and today I turned 50. What a present.:biggrin:

Hi everyone...I'm new to the thread so I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I have a consultation appointment with Dr. K on January 25th.Very nervous and excited at the same time. Can you tell me what to expect at this first appointment? How long does it usually take to get scheduled for surgery after the consultation appointment? Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!

Edited by shallynd
Forgot some information in my post

Hi everyone...I'm new to the thread so I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I have a consultation appointment with Dr. K on January 25th.Very nervous and excited at the same time. Can you tell me what to expect at this first appointment? How long does it usually take to get scheduled for surgery after the consultation appointment? Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!

Welcome!

It's a short consult. He will weigh you and talk about the new change in your life as far as eating and actvity. He'll explain to you what the LapBand is and how it works. It was painfree. Write down your questions and bring them with you to the appt.

I lost one pound in the past week. Didn't meet my ten pound goal, but I came close. Merry Christmas!

Hope you had a great Christmas. Coming close to a 10 pound goal is not so shabby.

Who is up for a Red Robin night? How about January 11th?

I'll be there!!!

I need a big time distraction! I'm off until the 31st of January, my BF of 18 months broke up with me 5 days before Christmas - stating I am still too overweight and he can't wait any longer for me to get to goal... AND I am just devastated.

Ohhhhhh sweetie. I am so sorry. That sucks on so many levels. :biggrin:

I know how hard you have been working to make your outside match your wonderful, loving inside. You are such a great person, I am sorry this had to happen to you.

Anyway, my goal for 2010 is to get to goal.

Me too!!!!!

My plastic surgery went extremely well. He took 19lbs off my tummy and 8 off my arms. I love my new arms. I love my flat tummy!

Yayyyy for you. I am so glad you are enjoying the new you. I can't wait til I get there. I am thinking of calling the PS you saw here to make a consultation appt. I am going to jump through the hoops and see if I can get insurance to pay for a panniulectomy (I would love to go to MX like you did, but it's just not feasible right now with a 5 year old at home.... not to mention the MIL)

Right now, I'm dealing with post op swelling, but I can see there is a huge difference already. Dr Sauceda is the best. He's an artist. My incisions are 24 days post op and they are healing very well. MY tummy incisions look like just a wrinkle. I am very pleased. I'm going to start using the silicone strips on Wednesday to minimize the scaring.

My goal is to get to 170 and then have the rest of my plastics done. A Lowerbody lift, Butt auto augmentation, face lift, neck tightening, breast lift and augmentation and full extended thigh lift.

Then any revisions I need on my arms.

WOW.... that is a big plan. I know you will be there soon, and be able to put that into motion.

I can't wait to see the new you at RR.

So I haven't been losing still, but haven't been gaining. I am going in for a fill hopefully in January. But I went shopping with my Mom the other day and she insisted that I try on this purple shirt that was a 16/18. It fits pretty good, although it is a stretchy shirt. I am also fitting into some of my "skinny" sister's clothes that she is giving away. She is a 16, and her dresses fit great, but my butt/waist area is about a 22. So I guess I am saying all of this to convince myself that I am still making progress. Even though I am not losing. I hope the pictures work. Just my before and after here, if you want to see progression, then you can go to my album.

WOW.... I'm impressed. You look great!!!!!

OMG I am so, so, sorry about the breakup!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!! HIS LOSS!

At least you have a nice new tummy and arms! Pics?

I might try to get out there for Red Robin. I am pretty close to my sweet spot, but could probably use another fill soon.

Hope you are feeling better.

That would be great if you can make it. Let me know if you decide to come. Would love to see you soon.

Happy Holidays Girls!

I lost a pound the week of Christmas - miracle of miracles - so I surpassed my goal of 10 lbs! I think I am at 12 lbs lost for the challenge.

Good for you!!!!! :biggrin:

Welcome home Julie! So sorry to hear about your Grandparents. What a tough thing to see and live through.

Do you like your Wii? It is so annoying when they tally up your weight and your Mii gets all inflated and fat! I take comfort in the fact that they do the exact same thing for my DH and he is totally not even fat!

I love it. I know what you mean about the Mii though :biggrin:. I weigh myself in the morning, and if I am up a pound or so, I don't weigh myself on the machine. It is SO annoying to have a video game chastise you for gaining weight!!!!!! :smile2:

Merry Christmas to you & your family! :tongue2:

Thanks, Hope you and the family had a great holiday too.

Went to plastic surgeon today. He was like a sculpture with a hammer and chisel. He told me I was the 'perfect candidate" for three procedures: abdominoplasty, my...something..boobies, and the arm brachiplasty.

How great :biggrin:

He went into detail on how he would do the procedure actually TOUCHING my stomach..OMG the last doctor wasn't even directly looking at my body, and wrote down the game plan.

It's amazing what a difference that makes in our opinions of a doctor (as well as ourselves, to a certain amount)

The girls in the front office are working on the stuff for insurance, should know in one week if insurance will cover. They act like NO, my primary care doctor acts like 'sure, no problem" so I'm actually excited to see who is right. I have a plan B, plan c and so on. If we get authorization by next week, I'm going in as soon as he can get a slot on the surgery schedule. It is quite possible that in two weeks I will be in the hospital for my plastics. Good thoughts aye! He was very very supportive of my efforts and took sufficient time to compliment me on getting as far as I have. I gotta tell you, that feels really good to hear that.

Can't wait to hear the insurance outcome for you. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a good answer from insurance.

Christmas Challenge

Kayleighsmommy 10lbs -2 (we won't even talk about my weight!!)

Laptastic 10lbs -2 / -1 / -0/ -2/ 0 / -1

Coloradomom 10lbs/ total of 12 pounds lost. Made goal youcandothis.gif

Danyette 15lbs -17 pounds lost. Made goal :biggrin:

Taynuh 10lbs -1 / -1.5/ +4

deboregon 10lbs -.5

RobinAnn 12lbs -2.6/-1.00/-1.20/-1.00/-1.80/-0.60 <8.2 down, 3.8 to go>

Mem620 13lbs -1/ +1.5 / -2/ -2

Well, I am all set to get a fill on the 12th. Sorry I can't make RR the night before. I just changed my schedule and am not taking any classes this semester so my only days off are Tuesday and Thursday. And since I am the only one with a job I really can't miss work. I am really excited to get back on with losing. I started weighing myself again, and must say that I am pleased that I haven't gained anything being as loose as I am. I just need to focus on staying on track for me.

Well, I am all set to get a fill on the 12th. Sorry I can't make RR the night before. I just changed my schedule and am not taking any classes this semester so my only days off are Tuesday and Thursday. And since I am the only one with a job I really can't miss work. I am really excited to get back on with losing. I started weighing myself again, and must say that I am pleased that I haven't gained anything being as loose as I am. I just need to focus on staying on track for me.

I'm sorry we'll miss you, but the good of your job and your family do come first.