Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

So my TOM was this week, and, big surprise, I GAINED 3lbs! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! I am so frustrated right now. I had made my goal, and extra, and then this happens. I HATE my TOM!!!! I really want to get to onederland by my 1 year mark, but if this keeps happening every month I'll be lucky to make that by next Christmas! Sorry to complain here, but 3lbs is a lot in my mind. I have so far to go! I am going to be more strict with myself for this goal, and maybe even go back to the preop diet. This sucks.

Mini, put me down for +0.6 for this week. :biggrin:

I don't even know why I started this daggone challenge. By my calculations, I lost 1lb in 6 weeks.

I'm gonna go eat ice cream and cry.

I don't even know why I started this daggone challenge. By my calculations, I lost 1lb in 6 weeks.

Jamie,

Don't despair. We warned you this would happen until you get a few fills and hit the green zone. Hang in there chickie!

I'm soon to have a new user name. Need some privacy due to others I work with considering the band. Just a heads up. I'll keep my fruity ticker the same for a while so you know who I am. thanks!

Me too Munchie!!!! Super excited!!!

:biggrin:

Did you book your flights yet? Cuz once you do, there's no turning back!!! :tongue:

especially if you're going with Frontier Airlines! What a freaking rip off! I had to change my flight from San Diego since I'm not going to that Research Conference and they are charging me $150.00 change fee! That's just insane!!!

So my TOM was this week, and, big surprise, I GAINED 3lbs! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! I am so frustrated right now. I had made my goal, and extra, and then this happens. I HATE my TOM!!!! I really want to get to onederland by my 1 year mark, but if this keeps happening every month I'll be lucky to make that by next Christmas! Sorry to complain here, but 3lbs is a lot in my mind. I have so far to go! I am going to be more strict with myself for this goal, and maybe even go back to the preop diet. This sucks.

Don't get discouraged. The weight gain with TOM is just swelling and Fluid weight. It will drop off. That happens to me every month - and every time I work! I can gain 7 to 10 lbs over night! Don't dispair, it will improve!

Just think, this was the holidays! Don't worry it will get better as you get more restriction! I promise! At this point, you're working without restriction, on your own! So you lost 1 lb during the holiday season, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Have you ever lost during that time? Having a NO gain during the holidays is good! Truly, it is!

Happy New Year!

Love the adorable grandbaby pictures-- such a couple of cutie patooties!! SO CUTE!

Thank you! and talk about cute hubby holding the grandson, I agree. I'll have to post one of my hubby with our grandson. My 53* year old hubby is a hotty too.

*I find gray hair, warm eyes, easy smile with smile lines at the temples and cheeks, sexy hot. I'll take my experienced and mature man over a boy toy hand over fist. (winks)

I'd like to jump in on the VD challenge too, please. Put me down for losing the 7 pounds that I found over the last few months, Miss Dee. And thank you for being the statistician. I'm going to try hard not to be a drop out this time around!

VD too! I'm up for the VD as well. I'm often noted as saying "HAPPY VD" on the 14th. ((grins))

2009 is going to be the best year ever for all of us -- I can just feel it!![/quote]

I woke up feeling these words days before the new year. I know it in my heart, I feel it inside out for so many of us. 2009 is going to be a huge year of change and reality and renewal for so many.

Put me into the challenge Dee. I'm going for 20 lbs. I'd even say 25 but I want to be conservative.

I picked 20 lbs. because for the first time in over a year I woke up this morning with only a LOW, BARELY THERE hum of pain. That's right! Dull pain. Not sharp, ouch when I turn pain, ohhh when I walk pain, throbbing pain all day....no, rather, it is subtle and there but nothing like what I typically had.

I went to a pain management doctor and he changed my medication and put me on a plan to reduce pain so I can MOVE. If I can MOVE I can lose much more quickly.

Saturdays are the day we weigh in and report. Starting tomorrow I'll mark my number and report in next Saturday.

IT'S ALL HAPPENING!

This is me putting to rest a year of hideous pain.

Saying goodnight to that search for an answer as to WHY? I hurt so badly. ( found )

GOODNIGHT 2008. You informed me and Enlightened me and showed me what I am truly made of. Now I'm ready to get out of this bed and, pain free, finish the race.

IMG_4834.jpg

This is me putting to rest a year of hideous pain.

Saying goodnight to that search for an answer as to WHY? I hurt so badly. ( found )

GOODNIGHT 2008. You informed me and Enlightened me and showed me what I am truly made of. Now I'm ready to get out of this bed and, pain free, finish the race.

IMG_4834.jpg

Patty! I"m so happy to hear that your pain has decreased slightly! I hope and pray that the new meds will do what they should and you can be more active! I love your picture! You're so pretty!

This is a New Year and a time for new beginnings! We can close the book on 2008 and the hardships of that year.

These are the goals and people I have in the challenge so far. Remember to weigh on Saturday (tomorrow) and note your starting weight for reference next week.

Amethystjade - 15lbs

Bahotmomma - 10lbs

Deboregon- 10lbs

Jmegirl - 10lbs

Julieann - 15lbs

KayleighsMommy - 15lbs

Lapdancer - 20lbs

Lotzasunshine - 13lbs

Magaines - 5lbs

Minidriver - 10lbs

PrtyAntOvrYt - 31lbs

Shelbi - 7lbs

I hope I didn't forget anyone! Forgive me, please if I did. I am trying for 31lbs that will get me to Twoderville. I know that is insane, but you know me, I always dream big!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
added Lotzasunshine and Jmegirl and Amethystjade

Ok, after having my Protein Shake and helping my SIL move for a couple hours I weighed myself again, and I am only up 1.5lbs. Guess the Water weight from TOM is going off. Anyway, so I made my gaol then, and am setting my :heart:Day goal as 13 pounds. That way I will be halfway to my mini goal.

Ok, after having my Protein Shake and helping my SIL move for a couple hours I weighed myself again, and I am only up 1.5lbs. Guess the Water weight from TOM is going off. Anyway, so I made my gaol then, and am setting my :heart:Day goal as 13 pounds. That way I will be halfway to my mini goal.

That's great!

You know, I realized something a couple of months ago. I usually weigh immediately after waking up and pee'g (sorry TMI) - then I take my shower. I then drink 1/2 of a Protein shake with my meds. I decided I'd weigh again after my shower and I noticed the weight is usually lower. (I know I'm adddicted to my scale) It made me wonder if the body needs a little time to shift after waking up. So now I weigh after my shower and that's the weight I take as my morning weight.

I'm glad the TOM weight is moving out of there!

I have a question for all of the experienced Banders.

Is there a difference between PB'g and Vomiting?

I went 10 months without a stuck episode/PB/Vomiting episode. I have had several PB's since my last fill. In my mind and how it feels, it seems PB'g is not vomiting. Am I wrong?

To me, it is vomiting. Sure, it is "easier" than vomiting used to be. But it does take me wanting it to happen, it is not involuntary. When i get that stuck feeling, I just have to talk myself into it, and up it comes.

Love these gross discussions!!!

My :heart:Day goal is 10lbs. My 2nd fill is Friday Jan 9th so hopefully that'll give me restriction for more than a few days, haha.

Thanks for doing this Dee!