Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Where oh where is our Dorky one at? :thumbup: (Maybe she got abducted by aliens.)

Where oh where is our Dorky one at? :thumbup: (Maybe she got abducted by aliens.)

OOOO, I didn't see that conehead! That's funny! But where is the dorky one? I'm worried about her.

Here we are!

Bookholder, Lifesaver, Denvergirl

Mal and Prtyantoveryt

post-224851-13813137512654_thumb.jpg

I JUST LOST MY FREAKING WHOLE POST!!!! ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek: :smile2: :lol: :crying: :crying:

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

adorkable | initial 314 | wk1 307 | wk2 299 | wk3 302

:lol:

Amieru | initial 249 | wk1 247| wk2 245 | wk3 244 :crying:

bahotmomma | initial 146 | wk1 145 | wk2 144 tongue.gif

brandymom1234 | -2lbs :crying:

BellaPerdente | initial 259 | wk1 257 | wk2 256 | wk3 251 :eek:

deboregon | initial 316.5 | wk1 313.1 | wk2 307.8 | wk3 301.2 :thumbsup:

DenverGirl |initial 239 | wk1 237 | wk2 237 | wk3 237 :thumbsup:

GreenChrysalis | initial 244 | wk1 243 | wk2 240.5 | wk3 238.5 :thumbsup:

lap_dancer | initial 307 | wk1 305 |wk3 304 :thumbsup:

lifesaver | initial 178 | wk1 175 | wk2 173 | wk3 175 :thumbsup:

lotzasunshine | initial 294 | wk2 297 |wk3 293 :thumbsup:

minidriver | initial 204.8 | wk1 205.2 | wk2 203.3 |wk3 198.4 :thumbsup:

munchkin392 | initial 189 | wk1 186 | wk2 187 | wk3 185 :thumbsup:

PrtyAntOvrYt | wk1&2 -5.2 | wk3 -6 :thumbsup:

ShelbiCallie | initial 189 | wk1 188 | wk2 187 | wk3 186 :thumbsup:

Sidann | initial 223 | wk1 221 | wk2 220 | wk3 219 :thumbsup:

I LOST my whole dang post. So sorry for just lumping all the numbers in. I did have personal messages for everyone too. :frown: Everyone is doing so awesomely!! Keep up the great work!!!!

I am back up 3 pounds. Phooey. does this mean I get to Celebrate TWOterville all over again. Bwahahahha. :panda:

THIS IS OUR LAST WEEK LADIES!!! LETS MAKE IT TO GOAL! WOOT!! :smile2::willy_nilly:

Okay, I know we weigh in on Monday, but both yesterday and today I have weighed in at under 200. I'm so happy! When I weighed last Thursday before leaving for the treehouse, I weighed 200.5. I was soooo bummed on Monday when I weighed 202, but it must have been water! YAY!!!!

CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND!!! I am reflecting that in your total. Screw Monday weigh-ins! lol. Woot Woot!

Edited by adorKable

Deb~ Congrats on a successful surgery. Welcome to the losers bench. Woot!!! :smile2:

Munchkin~ So sorry about all the neighbor problems. Lap had some great advice for you. I hope it all works out. And you had me cracking up... I was not abducted by aliens. :crying: lol. Silly girl. :eek:

jmegirl~ Congrats on scheduling your surgery!!! I am so excited for you and your journey. It is the SINGLE BEST THING I have EVER done for MYSELF. I think it ties marrying hubby. Shhhh don't tell him! BWahahaha. :crying:

Shelbie~ Wow... what a dilemma with the meds situation. I can totally feel your conflict. I am so glad my anti depressant does not affect my appetite. If it caused me more hunger I would be so torn. Once you find one that works it is SOOO hard to even think about letting it go and trying another.

Honestly the ides of getting another fill to compensate makes me nervous. I would hate for you to get too tight or run into problems with your band. How many other meds have you tried? Are you open to giving something else a shot???

Zoloft works wonders for me. Have you tried it? Good luck with your decision. :lol:

Edited by adorKable

Sooo update on why I have been MIA... or abducted by aliens... :thumbsup: bwahahah.

I sit on the Awards Committee Board for my Police Department. We had our annual awards ceremony on Saturday. So I was busy busy organizing the raffle. We had over $20,000 worth of goods/services donated by local businesses and ALL the proceeds from the raffle went to Arizona Special Olympics. :thumbsup: So I was busy making placards describing packages... etc etc.

I was also the recipient of an award this year as part of a Unit Commendation for Communications. One of the Lt's nominated us, and it was really a nice thing to be recognized. :crying:

AND.... I actually won a prize at the raffle this year!!! Y'all won't believe what it was!!! I won A ONE YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO ANYTIME FITNESS. ONE WHOLE YEAR! :eek::hurray::thumbsup: Needless to say it was the PERFECT prize. I am SOOOO excited by this!!!

So I ended my weekend on a high. Until Tuesday morning. I was awoken by a loud crashing sound. I ran to find out the source and discovered some shelves had crashed off the wall in my scrap room. Seems we had a leak in our roof that had finally gone down the wall with the heavy rain we had Tuesday night. *sigh*

So right now half of my scrap room is ripped down to studs with blowers running to dry everything out. Thankfully one of my friends owns a restoration company... so I got quick service. lol. They also patched my roof for now; I am hoping it holds through the next few days of monsoons we are supposed to get. :crying:

We are anticipating a quote to fix the roof around $5-$7 G's. *choke* :thumbsup: But what can ya do right? Our home warranty expired last month, and my mortgage company forgot to pay my insurance renewal, well they said they did but the insurance company is saying they never got it, so we are hoping they will actually pay for the repairs inside.

The previous owners fixed the roof 3 years ago, same spot. I called the company to see if it was still under warranty. Nope. Then the receptionist had the gall to ask if I wanted them to come out. BWahahahah! Uh, no. Obviously they fixed it WRONG... that is why half the ceiling and drywall is now ripped out of my scrap room. Silly lady. :thumbsup:

So I am trying to remain positive. It will work out. It will work out. :lol:

Today I interviewed for a new position at work as a Lead Dispatcher. 5% pay increase... would be nice right now. I was pretty excited about the new responsibilities, etc. I interviewed... it went well... found out pretty much right away that the Oral Board voted unanimously for me. YEAH! So I got the job!!! WOOT! :smile2::willy_nilly:

Also found out our retirement plan was taking funds based on overtime pay which they weren't supposed to, so I got a nice refund check from them that will almost cover the deductible on our home insurance. Yeah!

So it has been an up and down, busy chaotic week. But life is good. :thumbsup: I have a wonderful family that took me out to dinner to Celebrate. Both my sisters were able to come last minute, along with my in-laws. Great end to a crazy day! :thumbsup:

Okay, I know we weigh in on Monday, but both yesterday and today I have weighed in at under 200. I'm so happy! When I weighed last Thursday before leaving for the treehouse, I weighed 200.5. I was soooo bummed on Monday when I weighed 202, but it must have been water! YAY!!!!

YAY, Mini!!!!!!!!!!!

I have finally broken through my funk and lost all I had gained since surgery, I am at the lowest since surgery! Now I am on my way!! I can't wait until I reach Onederland!!!

YAY, Marie!!!!!!!!!!!

What part of NC are you in Shelbi? I'm near Raleigh.

I'm near Greensboro -- not too far away for a RR meet up! I'm sure there's a RR between us somewhere!

drum roll, please....I weighed this morning at 299.2:lol::crying::lol::eek: That's 22.3 since 7/28.

YAY, Deb!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, it DID show I was having reflux, which from what I have read is enough reason to take fill out of your band? And I had a small intermittent hiatal hernia which I did not have last year when I had a barium swallow. I'm telling you, something is just not right....

Reflux, intermittent hiatal hernia and you can't tolerate solids ---but he left all the fill in your band??? Has he lost HIS bloody mind? I think having Dr. K review the films is a great idea. (Also, do the Spin class! The butt pain is only bad for the first class, then for some reason, I didn't notice it any more.
Here we are!

Bookholder, Lifesaver, Denvergirl

Mal and Prtyantoveryt

Looking good ladies!!! Where oh where are Brandy and BAHotmomma???? And what about Mare and Woofay?
So it has been an up and down, busy chaotic week. But life is good. :crying: I have a wonderful family that took me out to dinner to Celebrate. Both my sisters were able to come last minute, along with my in-laws. Great end to a crazy day! :smile2:

Congrats on the award and promotion!! Boo on the roof deal! Re: my antidepressants -- I'm going to stay with the Pristiq for now. I'm still losing about a pound a week -- not as fast as I'd like, but I'll live with it. I just don't want to risk the good symptom control that I've got now the medication. I've been on Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Effexor, Zoloft, Lexapro and probably some others in the past 10 years and this one has been the best so far. It'll probably take forever to get these last 22 pounds off, but I'll deal. I'll probably complain along the way and irritate the hell out of eveyone here, but I'd do that anyway so what the hell!

Everybody have a great Thursday!!! My last work day this week and then a long weekend! :lol:

Dorky, congrats on the award and the NEW JOB!!! That's fantastic!!!:smile2::thumbup::lol::thumbup:

Bummer about the stupid roof. Oh, I hate things like that. Hope the insurance thing works out okay. How stressful. Hey, thanks for counting my onederland weight!!

Shelbi-good decision on your meds. It's worth it, yes?

RR ladies!! - You all look beautiful!!! Denver . . . nice to put a face to a name. Wish I could have been there!

Sooo update on why I have been MIA... or abducted by aliens... :thumbsup: bwahahah.

I sit on the Awards Committee Board for my Police Department. We had our annual awards ceremony on Saturday. So I was busy busy organizing the raffle. We had over $20,000 worth of goods/services donated by local businesses and ALL the proceeds from the raffle went to Arizona Special Olympics. :thumbsup: So I was busy making placards describing packages... etc etc.

I was also the recipient of an award this year as part of a Unit Commendation for Communications. One of the Lt's nominated us, and it was really a nice thing to be recognized. :crying:

AND.... I actually won a prize at the raffle this year!!! Y'all won't believe what it was!!! I won A ONE YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO ANYTIME FITNESS. ONE WHOLE YEAR! :thumbsup::hurray::thumbsup: Needless to say it was the PERFECT prize. I am SOOOO excited by this!!!

So I ended my weekend on a high. Until Tuesday morning. I was awoken by a loud crashing sound. I ran to find out the source and discovered some shelves had crashed off the wall in my scrap room. Seems we had a leak in our roof that had finally gone down the wall with the heavy rain we had Tuesday night. *sigh*

So right now half of my scrap room is ripped down to studs with blowers running to dry everything out. Thankfully one of my friends owns a restoration company... so I got quick service. lol. They also patched my roof for now; I am hoping it holds through the next few days of monsoons we are supposed to get. :crying:

We are anticipating a quote to fix the roof around $5-$7 G's. *choke* :thumbsup: But what can ya do right? Our home warranty expired last month, and my mortgage company forgot to pay my insurance renewal, well they said they did but the insurance company is saying they never got it, so we are hoping they will actually pay for the repairs inside.

The previous owners fixed the roof 3 years ago, same spot. I called the company to see if it was still under warranty. Nope. Then the receptionist had the gall to ask if I wanted them to come out. BWahahahah! Uh, no. Obviously they fixed it WRONG... that is why half the ceiling and drywall is now ripped out of my scrap room. Silly lady. :thumbsup:

So I am trying to remain positive. It will work out. It will work out. :lol:

Today I interviewed for a new position at work as a Lead Dispatcher. 5% pay increase... would be nice right now. I was pretty excited about the new responsibilities, etc. I interviewed... it went well... found out pretty much right away that the Oral Board voted unanimously for me. YEAH! So I got the job!!! WOOT! :smile2::willy_nilly:

Also found out our retirement plan was taking funds based on overtime pay which they weren't supposed to, so I got a nice refund check from them that will almost cover the deductible on our home insurance. Yeah!

So it has been an up and down, busy chaotic week. But life is good. :thumbsup: I have a wonderful family that took me out to dinner to Celebrate. Both my sisters were able to come last minute, along with my in-laws. Great end to a crazy day! :thumbsup:

Dork-That sucks about your roof. I had to replace mine a few years ago, so I am feeling your pain, believe me! Mine was $6,000 and I have a little bungalow!

But that is AWESOME about your promotion!!! Congrats!! Now you can hire me if I ever decide to quit being a nurse and go back to dispatching...:thumbsup: And that is awesome about your gym membership prize too!:eek:

Colorado CRAZY is clearly living up to her name. Nuff said.

Oh, this will be so helpful for her. Is she going to Dr. K. then?

I meant to type SIL not SIS. Yes, she's scheduled with Dr. K.

It was kinda weird how it happened so fast...we talked about it Tues. afternoon and then an hour after I got off the phone with her she emailed me with a surgery date! WOW! Now, I only wish I had done it all that quickly instead of waiting 6 years!!!

It's getting cold here. Was supposed to rain yesterday, be sunny today...that would've made GREAT berry picking weather, but now it's just freezing at night and that does not a good berry make! Yep, just checked...it's 30 degrees outside right now!!

Hey, so I've got some pretty severe knee pain going on. I can't walk up/down stairs at all. My right knee is the worst. Funny thing though is that there is no swelling! I tried icing my knees last night, but that didn't change a thing! I can handle pain, etc...I'm VERY scared...scared that I'm actually IN pain and scared that I can't function like I'd like. I'm trying not to freak out. I'm headed to the clinic this morning, but understand....there are doctors who live in the bush for a reason and it's not because they like hunting, it's because this is the only place that would take them!!:smile2:

The photo looks fantastic! Thanks for posting it.

Mal you look so great. WOW cheekbones!

I can't believe that person started an entire thread about "concerns"??? WHU???

I guess because no one agreed with her here she thought there needed to be an entire thread dedicated to her perception that a 5 o'clock shadow means bad medicine????.. I do smell a fish. Yearbook mentality, you know, superlatives and the 'est' of doctors. Good work travels fast in this line of surgery.

Roof and house repairs$ sorry to hear this as I deplore these kinds of surprises.

Dork you are obviously good at what you do and to get kudos like that is impressive. Way to go. *winks* thank you for supporting the Special Olympics. I think it IS the greatest legend the Kennedy family has given. I am also very fond of the Very Special Arts.

I reduced my Klonipin by half a dose the same way I increased it. I feel shakey and had psychedelic dreams two nights in a row.

Appt. with doctor tomorrow for the med change. It was suppose to be yesterday but I was occupied with a student and could not leave.

I am sooo bummed. I was up 4 lbs. this morning. I'm sure it is the salty diet of the past two days. That's the way I roll with salt. Sodium kills my progress.

Onward!

..and thanks for noting the "Pristique" I will talk about it with my doctor. Need to switch three medications tomorrow.