Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Had my barium swallow today and allegedly nothing is wrong. I quote, from my fill doctor "It's all in your head". This is my smilie for him-:mellow:(Only without the smile). Yes, I have always been a compliant patient, and this did not happen until my last fill, but it is all in my head. Then, he refused to take any Fluid out of my band. Then he made a comment about complications with all these patients who had other doctors put their bands in. I SERIOUSLY had to bite my tongue and not tell him that Dr.K has put in about 400 more bands than him!! So apparently folks, I am a bona fide nut case or I am bulimic according to my fill doc. Never mind the fact that I am going to have an emotional meltdown if I do not get to eat some solid food soon (but of course I would puke it up since I am bulimic)!

BTW, what is with a few of the smilies-there is one smoking a big joint, a conehead, and two bananas doing the deed? Where could we possibly fit any of those into a sentence? :thumbup:

Dee, I KNOW you love me and you REALLY want to sit next to me! Mama always said that being irritating was what I do best. It's a gift. Yeah, that's it. A gift. I'm gifted that way. :thumbup: (Deb -- I hate to bring this up, but Dee has a problem with gas. Just thought you should know since you might sit beside her. I'm just looking out for your best interests and want you to make an informed decision when you select a bench position. No pressure. )

Now that was just mean Shelb...:mellow::cool2:

(Fabulous use of the smilies, Dee!)

Gotta run now before somebody breaks out the 4-point restraints again.

:thumbup:

Hey, I like my 4 point restraints. I only wish sometimes there was a muzzle to go with them!

Had my barium swallow today and allegedly nothing is wrong. I quote, from my fill doctor "It's all in your head". This is my smilie for him-:cool2:(Only without the smile). Yes, I have always been a compliant patient, and this did not happen until my last fill, but it is all in my head. Then, he refused to take any Fluid out of my band. Then he made a comment about complications with all these patients who had other doctors put their bands in. I SERIOUSLY had to bite my tongue and not tell him that Dr.K has put in about 400 more bands than him!! So apparently folks, I am a bona fide nut case or I am bulimic according to my fill doc. Never mind the fact that I am going to have an emotional meltdown if I do not get to eat some solid food soon (but of course I would puke it up since I am bulimic)!

BTW, what is with a few of the smilies-there is one smoking a big joint, a conehead, and two bananas doing the deed? Where could we possibly fit any of those into a sentence? :mellow:

OMG!!! What the hell is wrong with the dude? He must be high :thumbup:. Ok. There's one of them.

Had my barium swallow today and allegedly nothing is wrong. I quote, from my fill doctor "It's all in your head". This is my smilie for him-:mellow:(Only without the smile). Yes, I have always been a compliant patient, and this did not happen until my last fill, but it is all in my head. Then, he refused to take any Fluid out of my band. Then he made a comment about complications with all these patients who had other doctors put their bands in. I SERIOUSLY had to bite my tongue and not tell him that Dr.K has put in about 400 more bands than him!! So apparently folks, I am a bona fide nut case or I am bulimic according to my fill doc. Never mind the fact that I am going to have an emotional meltdown if I do not get to eat some solid food soon (but of course I would puke it up since I am bulimic)!

BTW, what is with a few of the smilies-there is one smoking a big joint, a conehead, and two bananas doing the deed? Where could we possibly fit any of those into a sentence? :thumbup:

Seriously, though. Is there someone else you can go to?

Seriously, though. Is there someone else you can go to?

Not really unless I fly out to see Dr.K which I in NO WAY can afford right now. I think I am going to have them send the films to him so he can look at them though. To me it looked like my esophagus was dilated on the films, but what the hell do I know? I am just a stupid nurse.:thumbup:

Oh, it DID show I was having reflux, which from what I have read is enough reason to take fill out of your band? And I had a small intermittent hiatal hernia which I did not have last year when I had a barium swallow. I'm telling you, something is just not right....

Maybe he is tired and grumpy from doing this all night?!?

:mellow::thumbup::cool2:

Theres the dirty ones!!!

Or as Mini suggested, doing this? :w00t: There, now I got to use it. I feel so much better now!

I checked out the Golds Gym across from where I work today. I wanted to check them out because they have spin classes and Zumba. I have a 7 day free pass, so if I can actually ingest enough calories, I am going to try both a Zumba class and a spin class. The spin class looks super fun (other than the whole ass pain factor).

Not really unless I fly out to see Dr.K which I in NO WAY can afford right now. I think I am going to have them send the films to him so he can look at them though. To me it looked like my esophagus was dilated on the films, but what the hell do I know? I am just a stupid nurse.:thumbup:

Oh, it DID show I was having reflux, which from what I have read is enough reason to take fill out of your band? And I had a small intermittent hiatal hernia which I did not have last year when I had a barium swallow. I'm telling you, something is just not right....

That would be awesome if Dr. K. could look at your films.

Munchkin, I am so sorry about your fill doc. He sounds like a total ass. Was your conversation like this? :w00t: I want to use animated stuff more. It just makes me smile, even the dirty sexin' bananas! Seriously, though, I really hope you can talk to Dr. K and get the real scoop. I can't believe he wouldn't take anything out of your band when you can't eat solid food! :cool2:

If you do go to Gold's, let me know what you think. I have been toying with joining one for awhile. They have a special right now, $59 to join, $15 a month, no contract. It is so tempting -- I think I would love the classes -- but I am so self-conscious/nervous about going. I think it must be in my future, though...eventually I am going to get burnt out just doing my DVDs at home (I love trying new ones via Netflix though). There's a gym where I work but it's not free. Well, it was free to try this month but I was too chicken to go, I didn't like the idea of any co-workers seeing me huff and puff! :mellow:

Ugh, I am so tired tonight. I'm on deadline and I need to write more ...just taking a quick break to see what's up with you gals. Congrats to those of you in Wonderland -- hope to be joining you soon. And to the new occupants of Twoterville, yay! :thumbup:

Green-I would snap up that deal with Golds-that is a way better deal than our corporate rate through the hospital. We have a $69 enrollment fee and then it is $39.99/month. It would be much easier for me to swallow if it was $15/month! I think I am going to try the spin class tomorrow-although my cycling shorts and ALL my other workout gear it too big for me now, so I have no idea what I will wear. Sigh. More money to spend. The Golds we have here is pretty nice because it is only a few years old. I was impressed with alot of the equipment-nice, nice machines.

Oh, and BTW, my fill doc is usually really cool. Him and I are going to have a "come to Jesus" talk about the "all in my head" comment at my next appointment.