Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Shelbi,

You're post was so sweet!

You're dealing with such a difficult time in your life and you're posting sweet and encouraging words to all of us! thank you!

You're such a good Mom and your Son is so fortunate to have you in his life. I worked as a Social Worker after graduating college and I know that the Mental Health industry is a very difficult area to manage. Consider being alone and mentally ill and being at the mercy of the industry. I felt your frustration, but I'm so glad that your husband is going to be there and willing to partake in the situation. You shouldn't have to bear the weight of this alone. What a heart break to see your Son go through that. I know living with a child with a disability has been something you've had to deal with all of his life, but I also know that can't make it any easier. It is a daily struggle and when things hit the rock, you have to adjust your life to make things work. I'm glad your younger son has his Aunt. You must feel like you're pulled in every different direction.

Accept the help of those who love you and support you. I pray that you will find those who are sensitive to your Son and you and your husband's wishes for his care.

Hugs and Love,

dee~

Shelbie~What a powerful post! I will PM you. Stay strong.

RR peeps~Sorry about missing another RR night, my son had a wrestling match (he decided to join the team at the last minute), so we weren't even sure if he was going to BA able to wrestle last night, but he did.

John~100lbs! YOWZAH! Way to go!

Woofay~sorry to hear about the speeding ticket

Happy Friday to all!!

Miss Mal!

We missed you terribly last night! It's not the same without Mal and Anita!

Sweet little Michelle looks great!

Actually John has lost 92lbs -- he's almost to the 100 lb mark. He's got 8lbs to go! 8 lbs! I've had a bag potatoes that weighed more! He's looking great!

Anita!

Still needing some instruction as to how I post our picture. Help! Please!

I hate getting speeding tickets! Oh my goodness! I remember getting my first -- Nancy was 5 years old, my Dad had just died and I was going about 83mph on the highway. He was on the side, clocked me and turned his lights on --- I just pulled over in front of him. He didn't even have to start his engine! I'm too compliant. He said, That was a first! My daughter was crying! She was afraid my husband was going to be angry! Poor child spent her childhood worried that her Dad would be angry! I hate that!

Marilyn!

We miss you! If you're reading this know that we asked about you last night at RR and all of us hope you're well. Please feel our love and support.

Take care and don't forget to turn your clocks forward on Saturday night!

ARGH! I have to work this weekend! I now get up at 415am to exercise, Sunday morning I'll be getting up at 315!!!

Not good!

Love ya,

dee~

I've been occasionally reading and am thrilled with all the bandito progress I'm reading about. Can't wait to see the RR pictures!

My son had to be hospitalized last week against his will. Teen hormones + 6' 300 lb son+ autism + mom attempting to restrict his computer activities = a very dangerous family crisis. I have learned that the mental health/developmental disabilities system in my state is a heart-breaking nightmare to navigate when one has an advocate, and is impossible when you don't have the mental/cognitive resources. As one of the police officers told me, it's obvious why 90+% of the homeless population have mental issues. After 24+ hours in the ER trying to find a decent hospital to treat him, and sending him 4 hours away to a supposedly "great" facility and traveling back and forth to participate in his care as requested, I can see why some parents give up. But I won't. Even when the hospital physician won't communicate with me; even when no one will accept our insurance -- I will keep advocating for my child. Thank God for FMLA -- even when the physicians pass the buck on who is responsible for completing it. On a positive note, my husband is finally seeing the light and participating in his son's life in a healthy way and my sister has been there for my younger son. Now that my son also has a depression diagnosis, we are hopefully getting access to services -- some one-on-one social skills time for my son to learn coping skills, medication changes and extensive individual and family therapy for us, even if the insurance company refuses to pay. FINALLY. We are starting to pick up the pieces.

Anyway, guys... you keep me going. Even if I've never met any of you, I live vicariously through you. Lap, I am thinking of you and your hubbie as you go toe-to-toe with the prostate cancer. Taynah, you're doing so good with your weight loss-- you inspire me! Dee -- you are so positive in all you do, no matter what comes your way. I feel hugs from you in your words. Thanks! Mal -- the rock of the thread with a heart of gold. You are the bomb. Woofay -- hang in there with the job and the family -- it's ok to say "no' sometimes and go listen to Josh Grobin and take a bubble bath, you deserve it! I swear I'm gonna learn to take my own advice at some point tee hee. Want2Be -- how are you and where have you been?? Michelle - you are so committed to taking every road necessary to a healthy mind and body; I have learned more from you than you'll ever know, just from the way you approach life and deal with obstacles. Brandy, LA, Green, Diva, Nicknaknut, Drews, John, all of you -- I am not out of words, just out of time and have another appointment this morning before work starts. If I don't post, you know why. But keep on keepin' on, my dear banditos. You are in my heart.

Karen

(((((hug)))))

Tina

Shelbi - you're a good mom and doing the best you can. Your son will realize it on some level. I have had a long journey with the mental health system and my son. It is frustrating and gut wrenching between the treatment that doesn't work, the diagnosis that is hard to make and the drugs they tried out on him. My heart goes to you and your family. The only thing that helped me was knowing that my son didn't remember much of his stuff after an episode. Our mental health system is really nonexistant. I wonder if the politicos will fix it?

On a positive note, My son is drug free, smoking cigs instead and chosen a quiet job of security at night, where he isn't over stimulated. He wants to go to cop school, but we will see. I don't really think that that would be good for him, but I trust the universe will guide him.

Mal - hope your son did well, I missed you.

Woofay - I hate getting tickets. I got a 200 dollar ticket driving very slowly by a school zone, I was going 33, but didn't realize the school zone was in affect because they didn't have lights flashing, like they do where I live. The cops were lined up with radar, pulling over people. It sucked! But I just sucked it up and paid it.

Dee - I would help you if I could posting the picture. I am not good at it. Woofay and Mal are stars at it. Hugs.

Hugs to all -

BTW I lost another pound. Now I am at my lowest weight. I upped my Protein and lowered my carbs. It seems to be working.

Michelle

Hi Guys~

Sorry that I missed RR, between my ankle, school (2 1/2 more weeks!!!) and my daughter, I just couldn't swing it! I will be there next month with bells on!

Shelbie~ Everything that I have learned from my DD is that you have to be their advocate. No one else cares. They really dont. They dont know the heartache, the struggles, the frustrations and the tears. Only you do. You are doing the right thing. Just keep fighting girl! They will either do it willingly or will do it just to get rid of you. Keep fighting!! Keep advocating!! Were the only ambassadors for our kiddos!

On a positive note, as of this morning, I am down 45 pounds. I am almost 3 dress sizes smaller and am 3 pounds away from what I was when I delived my daughter. I am so excited and hopefully, will be at goal by one year!

Take care everyone!

Brandy

Man...I wish I lived closer. The RR group would be so fun! My husband and I did get to eat there the first night we were in Denver....it was so yummy. We don't have a RR here in Oklahoma City...(at least I don't think so?) :unsure:

WOOOHOOOO!!! I sneezed this morning and it didn't hurt!!! It's the little milestones in my recovery that excite me...along with the scale inching down!!! I LOVE IT!!!! :tea: 40 lbs so far since January 1st!! My husband came in this morning and called me "skinny"! I can't wait until I really am skinny!! :w00t:

I think I may add some more mushies this weekend. I've been on mainly full liquids so...I think I'll try a little.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

I am so sorry to have missed last night, again. I always want to go but things come up. I have been lurking out here for some time as I have been in a funk and did not want to drag anyone else down with me.

GREAT NEWS!!! After the scale barely moving for a month I finally reached ONEDERLAND!!!!!

:crazy::tea::rofl::party::Banane41::Banane27::lol::Banane48:

As for the NSV:

My wedding bands being able to fit ALL my finger including thumb.:thumbup:

sleeping on my side without my belly pooling on the bed in front of me.

SEX, SEX, SEX without feeling like I have to hide in the dark.

Everyone I work with asking me what the hell I am doing and saying that I look pretty :w00t:

My boobs being bigger than my belly!!!!!:unsure:

Being able to buy my clothes in the misses section (all those choices make my head spin)

I have loved reading all the posts and promise to participate more now that I am feeling human again!!! You gals are the best bunch I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Whomever asked about posting pictures...you have to post an actual Reply, not a Quick Reply...there's a paperclip icon that you can click on to add the picture.

I'm FINALLY down 40 lbs. now...went to Anchorage and got a teeny-tiny fill so now I'm up to 3.2 cc. I debated about going back the next day and getting more, but I didn't want to be over-zealous and if I have problems then it's a MAJOR problem, if you know what I mean!

The weather is finally warming up and we are expecting the Iditarod racers to come through town in a couple of days. For those of you who don't know...the Iditarod race is a dog-sled race to memorialize the serum run that was done years ago for a diptheria outbreak here...it was too cold to fly and the train actually got snowed-in so the serum was brought by relay with sled dogs....you've heard of Balto? Yep, he's a real dog! Anyhoo...big deal around these parts...lots of lame-o tourists taking pictures of our quaint grocery store, telephone poles, and itty-bitty park - occasionally I'm nice and will take a few pictures with them in the shot...can you imagine spending all this money to come here and not having any pictures with you in them?

As for mental health...my DH who is a State Trooper will confirm that there's not much that can be done for folks with issues. They can send them to a myriad of places, but they come back with just more meds to take and no one to monitor the taking of said meds. It's a vicious circle! I'm very blessed to not have had to deal with those particular problems in my family...although I DO think my mom is crazy!

Miss chattin' but I'm a bit busy here...things have calmed down a bit.

My 8 year old son was baptised in our church (we're Mormon) last month and that was just awesome! We do full immersion so we were at the pool (he wasn't too keen on the idea of bustin' out some ice in the ocean for the occasion), singing his favorite song, "Hark, The Herald Angels Sing". It was funny, spiritual, and wonderful! So like him! We're blessed to be his parents! Maybe if I have time (internet is slow) I'll post a picture of him...

Anita - you know Andrew is first in line to give me a ticket...it's a hard life being a Trooper Wife with a lead foot! I have to let, er...MAKE, him drive when we're together because he's a terrible back-set-driver! Ease up sister and be safe!

Mal - I married a family of wrestlers...the only thing I can say is that it's cheaper than hockey! Good luck!

I'm happy to hear that everyone is losing well. I've had to convince myself that even if it's slow, it's still losing! It took me YEARS to get this way and I should at least give myself time to get rid of it! Easier said than done though...I have to admit that I still get jealous when other people are losing faster than I am...like Anita...I'm so happy for you! Now, if I could only get off my butt and RUN away from those damn Cadburry eggs things would be just fine!

So...here's me in the dress I bought at Target right after the surgery (we don't have Target in Alaska yet.) At the time I thought it was totally cute, but after seeing the picture...well, not that cute, but you can tell the difference! Note...the snow on the other side of the deck rails IS that high! We, thank heavens, have a nice snow-plow man that comes by and clears the streets! :tea:

Andrew took the picture of the old gold dredge...can you see the dog team?

That's Andrew, Connor, and me last month at Connor's baptism. He's just the best kid ever!:unsure:

post-219385-13813136649887_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813136649972_thumb.jpg

post-219385-1381313665006_thumb.jpg

Thanks Marcy!

I hope it worked!

I sent it to GC and she said she'd post it, but I wanted to try and see if I could get it work!

BTW, If I was good with the computer, I would have cropped myself!

You'd see a pic with John and Michelle and a floating Dee Head!

See ya!

post-224851-13813136650152_thumb.jpg

I am so sorry to have missed last night, again. I always want to go but things come up. I have been lurking out here for some time as I have been in a funk and did not want to drag anyone else down with me.

GREAT NEWS!!! After the scale barely moving for a month I finally reached ONEDERLAND!!!!!

:crazy::tea::rofl::party::Banane41::Banane27::lol::Banane48:

As for the NSV:

My wedding bands being able to fit ALL my finger including thumb.:thumbup:

sleeping on my side without my belly pooling on the bed in front of me.

SEX, SEX, SEX without feeling like I have to hide in the dark.

Everyone I work with asking me what the hell I am doing and saying that I look pretty :w00t:

My boobs being bigger than my belly!!!!!:unsure:

Being able to buy my clothes in the misses section (all those choices make my head spin)

I have loved reading all the posts and promise to participate more now that I am feeling human again!!! You gals are the best bunch I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Congrats Bookholder!

Wow! Onederland!

You've got a pretty naughty banana there!

Yikes!

We missed you at RR!

Hi everyone, I am sorry I haven't been able to post lately but I have been super busy. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

BOOKHOLDER!!!!! YAY! CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND! I bet with your beautiful height you are just looking maaaaaahvalous!:huh2:

Dee! Thanks for getting that picture on there. I wish I had gone. Did you even get any of the weather that was forecasted? And you better not crop that pretty face of yours outta the pictures!:) Your face is already changing and how can we see your transformation if you do? You are really on your way! Doesn't it make you almost giddy?

Marcy~ I just love your stories. Your life sounds just like a neat TV show.(remember Northern Exposure?) Congrats on your loss and your son's baptism. Keep the pictures coming! I just love them! (Next time...bigger!)

Mal~ hi! Haven't heard much from you. Guess I'm not much better these days. Man do I feel busy! Hafta win the lotto tonight so I can spend more time on my 'puter! Hahaha!:cool2: How's your band been treating you?

Dynamo~You look so energenic in your pic! Whatever your doing...keep it up! I can't wait to see you next month. Ya, the ticket sucks.:sad: The positive part of this is, he clocked me at 63 in a 50, and well, I usually go 80 through that area...so I'm glad I was going slow for me! It's out on the highway, so its not like I was being criminal or anything. It was way north on Powers about a mile before Highway 83. There is one small block area where they drop the speed limit to 50~ I'm guessing to create revenue. (the Springs is notorious for their way-too-slow speed limits to create revenue) No one ever slows down through there, but that day, they had about 10 cops with a huge speed trap. Me and about a thousand other people have the same court date! Heehee! Oh well.

Mona, Amieru, Brandy~ Hi!!!:lol:

Really hope we can all get together next month and just stare at each other and think..."Wow! What a great bunch of losers!"

Have a great weekend, All!!!!