Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Has anybody had success with a recipe for making their own Protein Bars? I checked under the food and nutrition thread, and didn't find anything. There are many recipes on the internet, mostly for bodybuilders, I think.

YES!

My husband is a weight-lifter/bodybuilder and he used to make his own Protein bars all the time, like 3yrs ago when we first started dating. When he gets home I'll ask him how he made them!

I can't guarantee they'll be low calorie. As I recall, honey was one of the ingredients! :)

YES!

My husband is a weight-lifter/bodybuilder and he used to make his own Protein bars all the time, like 3yrs ago when we first started dating. When he gets home I'll ask him how he made them!

I can't guarantee they'll be low calorie. As I recall, honey was one of the ingredients! :)

Thanks, Jme. I'd sure appreciate it. I'm sure I could modify the recipe with stevia or something to reduce calories. The pre-packaged bars are so expensive, and really not very tasty. At least making my own I could use different dried fruits, etc.

p.s. you didn't tell us your hubby was a hottie!

Thanks, Jme. I'd sure appreciate it. I'm sure I could modify the recipe with stevia or something to reduce calories. The pre-packaged bars are so expensive, and really not very tasty. At least making my own I could use different dried fruits, etc.

You didn't ask!!! :unsure:

Now you see why it's so important to me to get healthy!!! Going to the beach with him has always been so terrible. Shoot, going anywhere in public has been that way - I have always felt like he should be with someone thinner. Bless him, he has never once cared about my weight. But I wanna be a hottie for him next summer!!!

I'll post the recipe here for everyone -but like I said, it's probably a lot higher calorie than you'd prefer. If I recall, they're pretty good though!

This is us Memorial Day weekend in 2007, the weekend we got engaged. Notice I was much...ahem...thinner then. :)

Edited by jmegirl

Mini-

Add me to the challenge too, please.

I only have 10 more until I hit goal, so obviously, 10 it is. I will re-evaluate after goal to make sure that is where I want to be. I will post before and afters when I hit!

Just for you DenverGirl! My husband got this recipe off some bodybuilding website and the only thing he did was add a little honey to make it sweeter. He said he had to add a little milk because it was too thick.

8 oz fat free cream cheese

4 scoops Protein Powder

3 cups whole oats

1/2 cup splenda

Dash of cinnamon (to taste)

Combine splenda, cream cheese, Protein, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high til its smooth.

Add the oats and mix with the mixer until you have a fairly homogeneous mixture.

Note - if it is too thick add a 1/4 cup of milk or Water.< /p>

Spray an 8x8 pan with PAM. Spread the mixture in the pan. Sprinkle some additional splenda on top and place in the fridge for an hour.

Cut into ten bars for a breakdown of:

154 cals, 17.8g carb, 15g protein, 1.8 g fat

Just for you DenverGirl! My husband got this recipe off some bodybuilding website and the only thing he did was add a little honey to make it sweeter. He said he had to add a little milk because it was too thick.

8 oz fat free cream cheese

4 scoops Protein powder

3 cups whole oats

1/2 cup splenda

Dash of cinnamon (to taste)

Combine splenda, cream cheese, protein, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high til its smooth.

Add the oats and mix with the mixer until you have a fairly homogeneous mixture.

Note - if it is too thick add a 1/4 cup of milk or Water.< /p>

Spray an 8x8 pan with PAM. Spread the mixture in the pan. Sprinkle some additional splenda on top and place in the fridge for an hour.

Cut into ten bars for a breakdown of:

154 cals, 17.8g carb, 15g protein, 1.8 g fat

Sounds yummy, thanks!

Is anybody else having trouble getting on the board? The past few days have been really hit or miss.

Miss Dee, congrats on the 4 lb loss. Woohoo! Fills rock!

Brandy, I shall add you for the challenge. How incredible that you only have 10 lbs to reach goal. You must be so thrilled.

Jaime, there weren't any pics with your post (or at least they didn't show up on my computer).

Is anybody else having trouble getting on the board? The past few days have been really hit or miss.

Brandy, I shall add you for the challenge. How incredible that you only have 10 lbs to reach goal. You must be so thrilled.

Jaime, there weren't any pics with your post (or at least they didn't show up on my computer).

YES, since Sunday afternoon I've been struggling to get on the board. It gives me a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" more often than not. Very frustrating! Perhaps we should email the moderators?

Mini, I posted that picture last night, and it was there! I swear! I even went back to my post an hour later to show my husband that I posted a picture of us, haha. I'll post it again tonight when I get home (since my pictures are all on my laptop).

I make my own granola and granola bars. I just add peanut or almond butter and lots of walnuts and pecans. they are higher fat, but it's the good fat.

You didn't ask!!! :)

Now you see why it's so important to me to get healthy!!! Going to the beach with him has always been so terrible. Shoot, going anywhere in public has been that way - I have always felt like he should be with someone thinner. Bless him, he has never once cared about my weight. But I wanna be a hottie for him next summer!!!

I'll post the recipe here for everyone -but like I said, it's probably a lot higher calorie than you'd prefer. If I recall, they're pretty good though!

This is us Memorial Day weekend in 2007, the weekend we got engaged. Notice I was much...ahem...thinner then. :(

Yup, the picture didn't come up for me either! ARGH! And I was in the mood to see your Hottie Hubby!

I've been having horrible trouble getting on this site too! I thought it was just me!

All I say is I better be losing! I'm not eating a whole lot! I woke up this morning at 2am and I was just starving! I've been eating my ripe pear and 8 walnuts every night for dinner. I guess, it's not enough to last til the morning! Grrr!

Those Protein bars sound great!! I have to do a King Sooper run today. I am going to get the ingredients :tongue: and make them right up

Hey kayleighsmommy! Nice to see you posting here! We missed you last month RR. We're going to do a Panera group this month. I'll post the date for everyone.

Those Protein bars sound great!! I have to do a King Sooper run today. I am going to get the ingredients :( and make them right up

I am going to make them too, yum! And I have lots of honey, we have honey bees. Thanks for the recipe Jaime.

Deb

I'm afraid to speak too soon but this morning when I got on the scale it says I am in onederland!!! It has been sooo many years since I've been here. I just hope I can remain in onederland. I am going on a car trip to Maryland with my daughter tomorrow morning and I usually eat a lot on long trips. I am bringing fruit and Water and Protein bars so we'll see.

I am going to make them too, yum! And I have lots of honey, we have honey bees. Thanks for the recipe Jaime.

Deb

Wow, you have honey bees??? How cool!!!

I'm afraid to speak too soon but this morning when I got on the scale it says I am in onederland!!! It has been sooo many years since I've been here. I just hope I can remain in onederland. I am going on a car trip to Maryland with my daughter tomorrow morning and I usually eat a lot on long trips. I am bringing fruit and Water and Protein bars so we'll see.

Congrats on Onederland! You can stay there, I have faith!!!! :(

Edited by jmegirl

I have freaking restriction still from my fill on Wednesday. WTH? He only put a small bit back in and now it is choosing to stay in?? I am so confused. Left Dr a message. Maybe I should just wait for a dye fuoroscopy to confirm the leak before replacing the port?

I am right there with you going through the same thing so don't feel alone :( I still have restriction from my fill on the 8th so I was so happy figuring I obviously do not have a leak. I spoke with Dr. K's office yesterday and they said when I left he told them he was very positive that he did indeed puncture it. So I asked lots of questions including how fast does it leak, does it leak all the way out, why do I still feel restriction??? Anyway after speaking to them and sitting down with my husband and a diagram of the band and port etc. I guess the leak is very very slow and can take several weeks or longer. They say it is more like it's "weeping". Remember it is not leaking directly from your band but from the tubing on the port (most likely). So with the silicone material and the tiny puncture it is almost closed and only weeping with almost no pressure behind it to drive it out. I hope this made some sense. What Dr. K's office told me was to hold off on buying my plane tickets and if I still feel any restriction around Dec. 5 (I am scheduled to meet him on the 10th and surgery on the 11th) to postpone it a few weeks until I feel no restriction. That way we are not doing it sooner than we need to and we will be more certain if it is a leak by the amount of saline he is able to pull out. This leaves no room for error. It is very frustrating though isn't it? For now, I am just happy to have restriction.

Wow, you have honey bees??? How cool!!!

Yes, the bees are my husband's hobby. They are very sweet bees. I don't really eat honey and we just harvested almost five gallons and that was only from one hive and we have one more to do. We have four total though. It's pretty cool.

Congrats on Onederland! You can stay there, I have faith!!!! :(

Thanks, I really hope I don't go back over onederland. Well then, I have faith too!!