Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm eating that's y I'm stalling! Anyone else have this problem??? I had surgery 2/23 and I was 253 and now I'm 235 It's been two weeks and I'm not losing anything... Or if I lost I gained it right back and it sucks! I don't know maybe I need to close my mouth and exercise more. It's so hard because I didn't prepare to be on a diet or change my eating habits due to the fact that I had my surgery in Mexico

Ok... Well just because you had it in Mexico and didn't prepare yourself it's not to late. You just have to want to put a plan into action and follow it. Are you starting with Protein when you eat?

I had my surgery 1/21/13 I stalled at six week I'm 9 weeks don't sweat it you'll lose again I did it was hard to go through it but you getting on your scale everyday we have to stop cause it makes things worst

I think that stalling is completely normal. Just because the scale is not moving, does not mean that your body is not changing. :)

Question, not meaning for this to sound harsh but, just because you had your surgery in Mexico there still should have been some planning and researching done. WLS is a drastic change and to go have the surgery without any planning on diet changes is surprising to me. Have you done research as to what you should and should not be eating? What kind of things are you eating now?

I did some research of course but I still feel I'm not following it like I should. In the morning I drink my Protein lean shake from GNC. Then I still yap on a lil food here in there. N yesterday was the first day I went out for dinner big mistake I had some spinach and artichoke dip with a lil salsa. I do admit I'm being harsh on myself! When I was eating I had an uncomfortable feeling. I did stop after a while.

Well that's not to bad.. Why not start a food diary like my "fitness pal"or I do "calorie counter"

And log your food everyday.

Make sure you make Protein and Water goals and hit them ever day

Like 60 to 80 grams protein

And 64 to 80 oz of water..

Well we are our worst critic... There are lots of good threads on here with food ideas. My surgeon does not allow regular food till at least 8 weeks out. Make sure you are trying to make the best food decisions as there is still a risk for leak at this point. Dont be too hard on yourself.

A bunch of my friends (sleevers and non-sleevers) are doing the "Bootcamp" this Monday-Friday that was detailed on another thread. Why don't you try it with us this week?

post-40728-13813664145945_thumb.jpg

I think I'm eating that's y I'm stalling! Anyone else have this problem??? I had surgery 2/23 and I was 253 and now I'm 235 It's been two weeks and I'm not losing anything... Or if I lost I gained it right back and it sucks! I don't know maybe I need to close my mouth and exercise more. It's so hard because I didn't prepare to be on a diet or change my eating habits due to the fact that I had my surgery in Mexico

It will come off, I promise you. We all go through stalls. Just try to get in as much Protein as you can (I know this can be hard) and drink tons of Water. I think the Water is really key, though Protein is important too. Good luck!

I did some research of course but I still feel I'm not following it like I should. In the morning I drink my Protein lean shake from GNC. Then I still yap on a lil food here in there. N yesterday was the first day I went out for dinner big mistake I had some spinach and artichoke dip with a lil salsa. I do admit I'm being harsh on myself! When I was eating I had an uncomfortable feeling. I did stop after a while.

You should try and live I'm not meaning like eat every thing in site but allow your self the things u like in moderation I don't kno if this work for everyone but it works for me I don't feel guilty about anything I eat.. The good thing for me is that I never had a sweet tooth .. I kno that when some ppl subject them self to such high standards u could fail make small goals and take it one day at a time we can do it .. I don't see my self as ppl on a diet I want to be as close to not being on one as possible just healthy choices duets never worked for me

Interesting article on stalls: http://www.dsfacts.c...or-plateau.html

I never knew that about weight loss! Very interesting!

Regardless of where u had surgery our eating habits wld need to change or we will gain the weight right back. I had my surgery in Mexico and hv changed my eating habits. Not sure why you wld think having it there you wouldn't hv too. The most important thing for success in this surgery is to learn to eat diff. Protein first then veggies.

About Your stall... what has worked for me is fluctuating my calories, carbs, protein daily or several times a week. I am over 8 months out and my calorie goal is 1000 (I fluctuate 600-1000 & sometimes over that), carbs (fluctuate 20-60 normally not 60 but I dont freak out if it is that or more every once in awhile) & protein I get as much as I can. Sometimes its 70 or 80 & at times 60. Do you use myfitnesspal app to track your calories, carbs, protein, act? Do yo hv a goal? I realize that everyone's body is diff so what works for me may not work for you. You just hv to experience diff ways and see what works.

Dont get discouraged you can do this!